- A pragmatic, technically versatile and goal - orientated BI Developer with 8+ years’ experience. Experience in Requirements Analysis, Enterprise Analysis, Requirements Management and Communications, Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Text file, MS SQL and Oracle Servers by using SSIS and SSMS services.
- Expertise in creating and managing Event Handlers, Dynamic Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in creating SQL Server Agent Jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and Schedule SSIS Jobs.
- Good analysis and modification of existing stored procedures and queries to integrate them into previously built reporting application, utilizing SSRS and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Proficient in Power BI visualization, Reporting and creating Dashboards.
- Expertise in Creating and publishing various reports in Power BI using DAX and complex data models from Excel, SSAS Tabular & MDX, SQL Tables and SharePoint.
- Excellent experience in maintaining PBI Premium Capacity, Pro Licenses, Workspaces, Data flows, User accesses, RLS and Schedules.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization of BI reports at all levels.
- Good knowledge of DWH concepts, OLTP, OLAP, Normalization, Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Generated OLAP databases using the KIMBALL method and calculated measures by writing MDX queries. Dimensional Data Modelling and Cube development in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
- Led small teams and provided support on large environments.
- Experience in Database Design, Development, and Query Optimization using MS SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Experience in writing complex Database Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Cursors using MS SQL Server and PL/SQL.
- Experience in web development and programming using ASP.NET, Visual Studio, C#, HTML, Bootstrap.
- Create Entity classes, relationships between entity classes using LINQ to SQL, LINQ to Entities, and LINQ to Dataset to manage relational data as objects.
- Support Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment activities using Jenkins.
- Worked in CI/CD ways of working using tools like Azure DevOps.
- Works with business partners to align with business strategies as BSA.
- Supports low to moderately complex business processes.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy requirements.
- Leadership skills enabled by capacity to mingle easily, instill confidence in each member, and encourage team participation.
- Straightforward and confident communication skills combined with talent for motivating sharing of thoughts.
Query Languages: SQL and T-SQL
Databases: SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 , MySQL, Oracle
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Reporting Tools: Power BI, SSRS and QlikView
SCCS Tools: TFS and SVN
Programming Languages: VB.Net, C#.Net, Classic ASP, VBA
Web Technologies: ASP.Net.
Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure
Other Technologies: ADO.NET, Web Services, WCF Services, MVC 4.5
Editors: MS-Office, Visual Studio .Net 2008/2010/2012/2013.
Application Server: IIS 6.0/7.5.
Version Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS), VSS, Tortoise SVN, GIT
Power BI Consultant
- Analyzing over SSAS Multidimensional, Tabular cubes and Dataflows for better data modelling in PowerBI and prepared proof of concepts.
- Creating complex data models on Power BI Desktop for reporting.
- Build reports and dashboards via Power BI
- Leading multiple reporting projects from requirements gathering to publishing and having frequent meetings with users across EMEA team.
- Replacing Excel reports with PowerBI for fully automated, improved visualisation.
- Using Excel, SharePoint, SAP, Big Query and SSAS cubes as sources for Reports.
- Creating complex DAX measures for Visualisations, Reports and Dashboards.
- Extensively using Query Editor with M Code for data cleansing in Power BI.
- Handling Power BI Premium Capacity, User accesses, Gateways, Dataflows and Admin.
- Managing User Rules and Roles, Power BI Apps on service and schedule refreshes.
- Experience developing complex SQL scripts, views, CTE and stored procedures.
- Experience handling/processing large volumes of data.
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality.
- Perform SQL query performance tuning by creating/modifying indexes, setting transaction levels and changing query structures.
- Experience with various databases, including: Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience handling/processing large volumes of data.
- Experience working on .net. HTML, Bootstrap.
- Following Agile Methodology in project development and using ServiceNow for sprints and incidents.
- Using Team foundation server (TFS) for managing source code changes. worked in CI/CD ways of working using tools like Azure DevOps.
Environment: PowerBI, SSAS, Excel, SharePoint, ServiceNow, SQL server 2016, Oracle PL/SQL, Visual Studio, C#, HMTL, Bootstrap, Azure Devops
- Designed new DWH by creating various SSIS packages and automated them.
- Created Drill down and drill through reports in SSRS.
- Wrote Procedures, Views and logical T-SQL scripts to consolidate data.
- Performed normalization of database to reduce redundancy and achieve maximum system performance.
- Created and manage schema objects such as tables, views, cursors, indexes and stored procedures.
- Used Query analyzer to optimize query performance.
- Provide support for the deployment of database scripts in development, test, pre-production and production environments.
- Used data encryption methods to bond with GDPR.
- Structure the data into meaningful DWH tables by extracting from various Excel and Text files.
- Integrated the data using Script task by writing C# code in .net framework.
- Worked with SSAS Cubes for faster reporting and better performance and Analysis.
- Consolidated daily/weekly/monthly data feeds from SFTP server to SQL Server.
- Created measures in PowerBI using DAX queries, designed dashboards and published them on Service.
- Led small teams and actively interacted daily with business professionals.
- Worked in a Cloud computing/Azure environment.
- Expert using MS Excel and Power point.
- Followed Agile methodologies in project development process.
- Uses Azure DevOps / Team Foundation Server (TFS) to respond to organizational requests, document and track progress, and maintain version control of reports and code.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2016, SSIS 2012/2015, PowerBI
- Designed New SSIS packages for data Extraction and load into DW.
- T-SQL programming to create/alter Stored Procedures, Views and Joins.
- Created jobs/steps and scheduled them through SQL server Agent.
- Extracted data from Excel, Text files and loaded into SQL Server tables.
- Created various reports in QlikView and scheduled the refreshes.
- Wrote technical documents for all developments and achieved sign off by project managers.
- Used all the software release control systems to release the developments from UAT to Live.
- Daily interaction with end users.
- Monitored and fixed the failed daily SQL Server agent jobs on production servers.
- Maintained Code standards and Quality reviews.
- Worked in an Agile Environment and delivered Sprints on time.
- Development is done in agile methodology and all the tasks are tracked on Trello.
- Participates in scrum meetings, sprint planning using planning poker, spring review, sprint retrospective.
- Use JIRA to track Sprint related tasks.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2016, MySQL, SSIS 2010
- Integrated several source systems by applying transformation rules and built a new DW for better reporting purpose.
- Developed and Maintained SSIS/ETL’s packages.
- Integrated the data from SQL Server systems to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Used Derive column, Conditional split, Aggregate, Lookup, SCDs, and Execute SQL Task to load data into the data warehouse.
- Wrote various T-SQL scripts for better performance.
- Wrote C# for Script task to achieve complex requirements.
- Worked on data profiling and cleansing with validation rules using DQS.
- Created jobs and scheduled them through SQL server Agent.
- Maintained responsibility for building packages, deployments and package configurations.
- Designed monthly, weekly and daily reports for analytics and reporting teams using SSRS.
- Followed Agile Methodologies while integrating data from Multiple Sources.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS 2012