Hard - working Data Scientist with 2 years of experience and proven proficiency in pipeline development, sequence analysis, and high-performance computing. Aiming to leverage my skills to further my career as a Scientist.
Python R SQL JMP Machine Learning High-performance computing C++ Docker Git, Linux Data Visualization NGS CRISPR Presentation Project Management
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
- Currently work in the User Support Analysis team to create and operate analysis pipelines for resequencing and transcriptomics projects.
- Work primarily done in Python, plus frequent use of R. Results visualized using Matplotlib and JMP.
- Past projects have included rRNA depletion testing, gene methylation profiling, transposable element expression analysis, de novo transcriptome assembly, metatranscriptome taxonomic profiling and visualization, C RISPR-based library screening and multiplexed RNAseq library analysis.
- Work involves frequent communication with JGI users and presentation at group meetings.
- Gained experience with Confidential using the Confidential supercomputers.
Confidential, Lafayette, CA
- Provided one on one tutoring for high school students in Science, Math, English, and SAT/ACT prep.
- Communicated students’ progress to students and parents in written progress reports and in person.
- Developed teaching materials such as handouts, study materials, and practice tests and quizzes.
- Assisted postdoctoral fellow Wei He with his research into homologous recombination using yeast as a model organism.
- Learned general laboratory techniques such as DNA purification, PCR, and western blotting.