- Over 5 plus years of experience as MS SQL Server Developer with the ability to deliver comprehensive Business Intelligence through integration of BI Suite of products (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) including MS solutions like Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with RDBMS: Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors, Normalization.
- Good SQL Server Administration skills including, Backups, Restore, database maintenance, user authorizations and Database creation.
- Experience in tools like Database engine tuning advisor, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Expertise in creating Break Points, Check Points, and use Error Handler in SSIS and automating the ETL process.
- Experience in logical, physical, and dimensional data modeling, data mapping, and data normalization, well verse in Erwin.
- Extensively worked on OLTP Relational Schema with Normalization and OLAP Dimensional Modeling using Star and Snowflake schema.
- Expertise in creating database objects such as Stored Procedures, Tables, Constraints, Indexes, Views, Indexed Views, and Triggers using SQL Server.
- Involved in Huge Data Migrations and Data Transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine - tuning the reports. Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS.
- Experience in creating various dashboard reports in Power BI service, Power BI desktop and Power BI Mobile app.
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI suite (Power Quarry, Power Pivot, Power BI Desktop and Power BI Mobile app), Microsoft excel pivot table and data models to gather data from different sources to deliver information to the end user.
- Experienced in building KPI Reporting Dashboards in Power BI suits
- Working knowledge of Power BI DAX skill and ability to perform and troubleshoot complex calculation and measure.
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server software to new versions and applying service packs and hotfixes and unattended Installation.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
- Ability to work in-groups as well as independently with minimal supervision.
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, My SQL
Database Tools: SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SSIS, SSAS, DTS, IBM Data Stage, BIDS, SSMS, Microsoft Power BI
Operating Systems: Various Windows
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Crystal Reports, Power BI Reporting Service
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, XML, HTML, C#, .NET, VB.NET
Version Control: Visual Source Safe (VSS), Team Foundation Server (TFS)
App Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Developed complex programs in T-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, schemas with best execution plan, used DDL & DML commands.
- Performed data migrations between SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 whenever new features are required.
- Optimized SQL queries, stored procedures for performance tuning for quicker reports and cubes and make data consistent.
- Built few reports from the scratch by pulling the required data through analysis services (CUBE) using MDX.
- Performed data cleansing by creating tables to eliminate dirty data & implemented Error Logging using SSIS & involved in performance tuning of SSIS packages.
- Developed Packages using Tasks, Containers & Transformations like full load, incremental load, & bulk insert, aggregate, slowly changing dimensions in SSIS.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources to SQL Server databases using SSIS to overcome transformation constraints.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using SSRS.
- Worked extensively in Query analyzer and profiler for tuning queries using variable for characteristics and query costs.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of complex packages by using Data Viewers Grids.
- Created traces using SQL Server Profiler to find long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning operations.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Utilized Power BI for Office 365 to amplify data visualization with collaboration and data management.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Developed dashboards with Power BI desktop and power BI service and different KPIs for business analysis.
- Used power quarry to calculate different measures and columns for dashboards reports.
- Implemented transpose features of Power BI to load data into Excel Power Pivot
- Created the Data source connections, Data Source Views, Relationships, Named Query for customized analysis in SSAS.
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel spreadsheets, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources.
- Created Packages, Jobs, database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures. Planned the complete Back-up of various Databases for Disaster recovery scenarios.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in analysis of Report design requirements and interacted with Project Lead, Technical Manager and Lead BA to understand the Business requirements.
- Created and executed SQL Server Integration Service bundles to populate information from the different information sources, made bundles for various information stacking operations for some applications.
- Optimized database objects like views, functions, stored procedures as per requirement.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using T-SQL and implemented constraints and triggers into new system for data consistency. data to certain format as required in Excel and created SSIS packages to load Excel sheets from PC to database.
- Built SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transforms.
- Used SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimizing SQL Server and T-SQL statements from developers and testers and created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Implemented DTS Migration and Metadata Management (Migrating DTS packages to SSIS, Package Migration Wizard) and Storage Management using MSDB and Flat File.
- Worked on ETL for Data Warehouse environment. Created Jobs in SSIS and was responsible for ETL Job Scheduled to run daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Import & Export of data from one server to other servers using tools like DTS and bulk copy. Periodic monitoring of the system for bottlenecks.
- Created SSRS reports such as parameterized, cascade, drill down, drill through, charts, linked and sub reports as per company standards and requirements.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using T-SQL and implemented constraints and triggers into new system for data consistency.