- Over 7 years of IT experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database Installation, Configuration, Administration, Maintenance and Performance Tuning, Backup/Restore and disaster recovery in SQL Server 2019/2016/2012/2008 R2.
- Have hands - on experience migrating databases between various SQL server versions on production environment along with extensive experience in creating and modifying stored procedures, triggers, cursors and functions to meet business requirements.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of SQL Server Reporting Service and Visual Studio.
- Knowledgeable in implementing SQL Server Security and maintaining user permissions, configuring database authentication modes and assigning roles to users.
- Expertise in implementing different types of High Availability and Disaster Recovery technologies like various replication models, log shipping, database mirroring, AlwaysOn Availability Group and Windows Failover Clustering.
- Worked on server consolidation to lower server footprint.
- Created DTS/SSIS packages for data transfer to occur between the two environments by way of using Linked Servers between a SQL Server 2016 and 2012
- Sound knowledge on stored procedures, Indexed views, User Defined Functions (UDL), Triggers Distributed Queries and Common Table Expressions.
- Expert in database tuning and optimization by creating indexes using Database engine tuning advisor and SQL Profiler.
- Proficient in troubleshooting database issues such as space, deadlocks, performance and blocking.
- Experienced in allocating system storage and capacity planning.
- Experienced monitoring and managing Databases in cloud services AWS and AZURE.
- 24 X 7 Production Database on Call Support.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019/2017/2016/2014/2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, Enterprise Manager and SQL Query Analyzer
- Windows server 2016/2012R2/2008R2/2008, Enterprise server and platforms .Net, TFS
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure, AWS, SCOM monitoring tool, LiteSpeed, Foglight, Ansible Tower, Remedy, SolarWinds, ServiceNow, SSDT and RedGate
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. SQL Database Administrator
- In-place-upgrade, Install and maintain SQL Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 on Test, Development and Production Environments.
- Implement HADR solution on various servers using Windows Failover Clustering Service, Log-shipping and AlwaysOn Availability Group.
- Implemented and tested backup solution with point-in-time recovery of production databases.
- Install SSIS services and maintaining SSISDB databases for successful package deployments.
- Support database availability and performance in cloud services including on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft AZURE.
- Manage and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- Work with internal teams to create the migration process of data to the AWS S3.
- Develop strategies in migrating SQL Server Databases to Amazon Aurora MySQL.
- Perform various database activities such as creating new databases, converting old databases to new databases, modification of existing databases, creating backup reports to meet business needs.
- Preparing documentation on database lifecycle including database migration, backup and support plan.
- Developing and scheduling database jobs to include database integrity checks and maintenance plans.
- Performance Tuning and optimization of user databases using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Monitor daily backups and scheduling Jobs by using native and third-party tools.
- Maintain Active Directory Security Policies along with database security through creating SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes.
- Migrating data from Excel, Flat file, Sybase, Oracle, and SQL to Microsoft SQL Server by using DTS/SSIS.
- Use BCP and DTS utilities to extract, transform, load and develop various packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS and DTS).
- Install, configure and maintain SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Provide technical Analysis, Code Review, database Implementation on a 24 x 7 production support.
- Currently working on Very Large Databases (VLDB) over 2TB for OLTP and over 5TB for OLAP databases.
- Setup backup recovery strategies to include High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Performvarious backup techniques using DB compression to save space
- Migrate databases between various SQL server versions.
Confidential, Allen, TX
SQL Database Administrator Senior
- Maintained databases from SQL Server2008 to 2016 per application version requirements
- Set up SQL Server database configuration parameters for optimum performance.
- Configured and audited SQL Server security in-line with the business requirement.
- Managed SQL Server logins, user account and passwords along with database object permissions.
- Migrated databases along with users and logins.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive backup plan and disaster recovery strategies.
- Implemented and scheduled replication processes for updating parallel servers.
- Created automatically running store procedures for day-end operation using SQL Server agent.
- Configured and managed linked servers, monitored database performance for bottlenecks and space availability.
- Created and managed database maintenance plans for various database consistency checks.
- Created and maintained user security permissions and migrated entire database objects from one server to another server as required by the company.
- Implemented disaster recovery for SQL Server production database as failover or standby servers.
- Used log shipping technique for a warm backup solution for SQL Server databases including AlwaysOn Availability Solutions.
- Managed SQL Server database mirroring and clustered environments.
- Identified and resolved the query performance using SQL Profiler and index tuning wizard.
- Used data transformation services (DTS) to populate the database from various data sources.
- Installed software upgrades and service packs for SQL Server.
- Monitored connections, locks, and performance of SQL Server.
- Configured SMTP Server for database mail setup and received alerts for the threshold values.
- Derived and documented the root cause analysis for production issues.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SQL Database Administrator
- Installed, configured, administered and secured SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012 on Server and Clients.
- Backed up and restored databases on different environments.
- Performed and monitored daily database operations and set-up backup schedules.
- Granted permissions to different teams depending upon their role.
- Verified the status of Disk spaces of the servers and Log spaces of Databases and taking appropriate action if required.
- As a part of the DBA team provided 24x7 production support to the clients.
- Preformed Database Administrative tasks on Development environments.
- Created views, indexes, functions, stored procedures and scripts.
- Wrote test cases and tested the code on the development environment. The test cases are then signed off by respective teams.
- Database and Code Implementation on a production environment. Once production implementation is complete, provide maintenance and support for the databases.
- Backup client databases and performed database restore and run consistency checks from SQL Server and application.
- Worked with the network team to resolve network issues occurring during business hours.
- Reviewing SQL Server and SQL Server Agent Error Logs.
- Developed strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, implementation of data access and table maintenance of SQL databases.
- Participated in capacity planning and review database changes for system impact.
- Performed backup using backup compression and data compression in SQL Server databases on a clustered environment.
- Migrated databases from SQL Server 2005/2008 to SQL Server 2012/2016.
- Implemented high availability and disaster recovery on the various servers using Windows Failover Clustering Service, Log-shipping and AlwaysOn Availability Group setup.
- Implemented and tested the point in time recovery of the production databases.
- Experienced installing SSIS services and maintain SSISDB database for successful package deployments.
- Installed SSRS for scheduling reports to run on a daily and weekly basis in a report manager.
- Maintained and troubleshoot SQL performance tune using cycling the SQL Server error logs, Activity monitor, DBCC, DMV’s, SQL profiler and Fog light.
- Resolved application connectivity issues such as connection timeouts, connection pooling issues and memory leaks.
Confidential, Westminster, CO
SQL Database Administrator Junior
- Supported SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012 SQL Server Administration and Maintenance.
- Installed and Configured MS SQL Server instances.
- Planned and implemented robust Backup and Restore strategies.
- Configured SQL mail, scheduled tasks and managed alerts.
- Co-ordinated with onsite DBAs and ensure the smooth running of the system.
- Worked on security management and linked server creation.
- Provided support for DTS/SSIS package migration and implementation.
- Monitoring SQL Server performance using 3rd party System Monitors and SQL profiler.
- Prepared knowledge sharing documents on SQL Server.
- Automated DB maintenance tasks by developing scripts for providing consolidated reports over mail for daily full and transactional log backups across all production servers. Generic job failure reports of the important application related jobs.
- Developed SSIS packages for maintenance plan tasks.
- Managed data, transactional log file growth and implemented file management policies.
- Ensured weekly index rebuild and updated statistics, checked jobs run fine on production systems.
- Capacity planning for new and existing SQL Servers to manage database files.