- He has broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust Hadoop solutions for big data problems.
- He has a proven track record of guiding full lifecycle of Hadoop Solution including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment.
- He is a Self - starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success and has extensive experience includes following
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses relevant to the Domain
- Expertise in data modeling - relational and dimensional. Logical and Physical
- Implementation of ETL and Reporting applications
- Application/implementation of custom analytics
- Designs complete Bigdata architecture having more than 1 PB data
- Click Stream data analysis with 40 million plus customers
- Administration of relational databases
BI Data Architect
- Managed Bigdata project from requirement specifications to solution implementation
- Participated in high performance data analytics project using Hadoop in collaboration with Palo Alto research Center
- Developed business use cases on areas where Hadoop helps to solve business problems.
- Providing leadership on the Hadoop Architecture team responsible for defining technology architecture
- Actively participated in evaluation and selection of new technologies.
- Liaising with Business Users and Technical team to convert business requirements into Technical Specifications
- Designed logical and physical enterprise data models. Consultation and review of logical and physical database design on all major projects
- Provided thought leadership in emerging technologies as they relate to BI and Bigdata.
- Develop requirements documents, performing data analysis on operational systems to verify business assumptions.
- Designed solutions within the company and worked to build a plan to effectively gain buy-in from all business participants.
- Worked closely with different Groups to insure cross group communications in an accurate and timely manner for support of new releases requiring modifications to the database structures
- Identified opportunities for process improvements
- Implementing Hadoop implementation in BI
- Driving and participating in hands-on development of Map/reduce algorithms using Java and python
Technologies: Oracle, Linux, DataStage, Microstrategy, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, java, python
- Developed EDW and Dimensional data models to support analysis via Microstrategy and the Sales Portal.
- Responsible for logical and physical models (200+ tables)
- Worked with Business Analysts and Business Customers to define the Requirements and Delivery Approach.
- Instrumental in the implementation of various standards and methodologies for maintaining and implementing data modeling standards including the mandatory capture of all relevant metadata at the logical level.
- Designed and implemented ETL processes.
- Developed Business Integration scenarios, technical design and data mapping
- Assisted team during build documentation and creating unit test plans, conducted code reviews
- Provided detailed documentation and training to the IT and business communities on the changes made and the impact on their application coding.
- Implemented processes for data profiling
- Improved performance and maintainability by implementing BI reporting models and data warehouse
- Responsible for the deliverables for Data source development, Enhancements, design and development of end to end BI solution
- Assisted and trained Finance and Distribution end-users to create and enhance reporting
- Reconciled data between source systems and data warehouse
- Supported international end-users on technical and functional issues
- Single point of contact responsible for business requirements for Finance, Sales and Production departments as well as reporting environment support.
Technologies: Oracle 10g, AIX 5L, RS/6000, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Cognos8, PeopleSoft/JDE, RS/6000
Database Performance Analyst
- Worked on Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data.
- Involved in business analysis and technical design sessions with business and technical staff to develop requirements document, and ETL specifications.
- Designed and developed the ETL Mappings for the source systems data extractions, data transformations, data staging, movement and aggregation
- Maintained source and target mappings, transformation logic and processes to reflect the changing business environment over time.
- Developed ETL strategy and design.
- Mentored new team members and effective resource management
- Managed software releases after each stage of the testing and defect removal.
- Managed project scope and change / enhancement requests
Technologies: Oracle, Microstrategy Informatica, Erwin, Solaris v1280