- I am a dedicated and hardworking SQL Server Database Administrator with over 6 years of experience in supporting and managing database applications.
- Successfully managed database across multiple servers in production, development, staging and testing environments.
- Committed to ensuring complete database organization and security. Excels at database modification and improvement.
- Possesses exceptional analytical, problem - solving, and communication skills as well as attention to detail.
- Easy to work with as a part of a team.
- Administer SQL SERVER 2019/2017/2016/2014/2012/2008
- Database Installation and configurations
- Experience in deploying SQL SERVER HADR (log shipping, always on, mirroring, failover cluster instances)
- SDLC Migration/Upgrades/Patching
- Backup/Restore/ Task automation
- Performance Tuning /Troubleshooting
- Database security
SQL SERVER DBA
Confidential - Odessa, TX
- Experience with designing, development, and maintenance of SQL Server environment for Corporate and Investment Banking applications on the enterprise scale
- Installation/ configuration of SQL SERVER 2019/2017/2016/2014 2012 in both UAT/DEV/PROD servers.
- Serve as support for database administration tasks including configuration management, backup/recovery, performance optimization, and space management
- Perform database deployments and provide support for application releases
- Assist developers with MS SQL Server issues and questions
- Interface with developers, network, virtualization, storage, and systems operations teams to resolve problems with applications and database systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain database security and audit solutions
- Administer and monitor 24/7 applications and systems, developing automated alerts to warn of failure
- Plan and Lead database development, documentation and maintenance of databases including.
- Performed Query optimization & Performance Tuning of SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler and Database engine tuning advisor
- Deployed the packages on staging and production. Monitored jobs and supported Azure Data Lake production environment
- Guided offshore team on DAX, Power BI desktop, Power BI service and Dimensional modeling
- Provided visual/graphic analysis based on data content.
- Involved in Security distribution project which loads securities from upstream process and send notifications to downstream process using Markit EDM objects.
- Developed and maintained multiple Power BI dashboards/reports and content packs.
- Developing and maintaining O&S operating procedures for the Compute infrastructure in addition to providing on-the-job training to AIT O&S Tier II personnel
- Perform SQL administrative tasks including installing and upgrading SQL server products, creating maintenance plans, and creating database objects
- Install, configure, and deploy MS SQL Server. Perform capacity planning, performance turning, monitoring, troubleshooting and optimization of the databases
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems
- Designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendors
- Standardize and manage Database Administrator procedures for monitoring database performance, testing, archiving, and optimizing
- Maintenance and support of SQL server Mirroring, Log shipping, Clustering, and other methods of disaster recovery
- Provide development and design assistance to development and other application support teams
- Provide technical leadership to outsourced global development team thru project leadership and technical documentation and outage management
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management
- Provides database assistance and problem support to application developers, business analysts and business users
- Provides technical assistance and mentoring for staff for developing conceptual and logical database design and the physical database
- Help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
- Provides support in capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning. Develops performance/tuning evaluation reports.
SQL SERVER DBA
- Expertise experience in installing new instances of SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 AND 2014 on Microsoft Windows Server2012 R2 and following best practices.
- Monitored and administered SQL Instances on standalone servers and Cluster environment.
- Highly experience on handling VLDB such ranging from 500Gb to 3T on different VMs which added up to a total of 50T both in UAT/DEV & PROD environments.
- Installed and administered 2 Node cluster on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Enterprise Edition on SAN storage.
Strong experience in Database Optimization and Tuning, Backup/Restore, Troubleshooting, and Data Import/Export.
- Expertise in designing and implementing the processes and standards for database systems recovery and back-up checks as well as user performance and data security.
- Updated database systems by reviewing, planning, testing and installing database security patches and service packs.
- Expertise in troubleshooting SQL Server Agent jobs, Error Logs, Windows Logs to resolve failure job component.
- Extensive experience in monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases, this involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics.
- Strong experience using DMVs, DBCCs and SPs from SQL Server 2008R2 to 2014 for checking database health and performance.
- Expertise in monitoring performance using SQL Profiler, Activity Monitor, Perfmon in order to find locking, blocking and deadlock issues.
- Expertise in planning and managing SDLC projects such, patching, hot fixes and service pack upgrades and migrations.
- Experienced in SQL Server Migrations of various versions. Planned/Designed and migrated 7 PROD Database servers, 6 DEV DB servers, 5 UAT DB severs from SQL SERVER 2008 to SQL SERVER 2014 used both in place and out place upgrades.
- Experience with dealing with ITOPS change review meetings for changes to be approve for implementations on PROD environment.
- Experienced in recovering the databases from disasters and implemented Point-In-Time Recovery solution.
- Analyzed and defined capacity planning for maintenance of the different Database Backups and Restore scenarios
- Experienced to work in coordination with different Teams (like Network Team, Windows Admins, Storage Admins, and other application Teams) as well with Stakeholders and customers.
- Experienced with High Availability solution such as Always On, Cluster, Mirroring and Log Shipping.
- Experienced in rewriting and restructuring store procedures and views with T-SQL.
- Expertise in writing technical reports for the management and for other of Production support.
- Provided 24x7 production support for SQL Server databases on Clustered Servers with sizes ranging from 1 to 2 Terabytes to achieve maximum performance and uptime in production environment.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2008 R2/2005, T-SQL, SSIS, SQL Profiler, Log Shipping, Always on, Mirroring, Clustering Windows Server 2012R2 and Windows Server 2008R2, PowerShell, MS DOS, SharePoint 2010, Oracle 10g, VMware, SolarWinds, apache, SAN