- Experienced in various facets of software engineering from data modeling and design through to configuration and release.
- Additionally, my involvement with projects consisted of analysis and design based on system workflows, data and obtaining business requirements.
- Technical writing and documentation.
- Bilingual in English and Afrikaans. Basic Spanish
Build, Source management & QA: Predictable release of deployments by utilizing build and change control measures (Ant/Maven, Git/SVN, Perforce, ClearCase, ClearQuest). Functional testing, Unit testing with JUnit; Load test / Performance measure tools (Apache JMeter) / Siege
Databases & related: MySQL, MS - SQL, Oracle, PostGreSQL, Data migration tool experience: Python Alembic (SQLAlchemy), SQL, Java Persistence Architecture (JPA)
Application Web servers: Glassfish, Oracle Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, nginx, lightpd
Methodologies, patterns: SDLC, Togaf ADM, Singleton, Factory, Decorator, Façade; URDAD
Tools and Development: Docker, Java J2EE, We bservices, Spring Security(WS), LTI using Spring 1.5, Apache POI (Java API for Microsoft Documents) , Apache Struts, Java CDI, Unix/Linux (admin, bash/korn shell) and Perl scripting, JSON, XML, XML Schema Definition (XSD), eXtensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT). Python Django. Tableau, Microsoft VBA as well as C# coursework .
Billing systems: Oracle BRM using Java API & C custom OP-Code shared lib changes . Singleview Product Catalogue. Telecom CABS, Custom billing system, i.e. Chameleon
- Develop SaaS product to facilitate delivery of the teaching experience of PlanetBox through a digital portal. Docker, Python, Django
- Developed VBA process to manipulate local program information according to state-required standards for upload to Florida Virtual Campus that have reduced the manual workload of the task by 80%. Also, a process with configurable formula checks to grade Excel work from students, replacing an inefficient manual grading system.
- Develop python website development using the Django framework to replace Excel tasks.
- Develop and implement a middle-ware layer between Canvas and MantisBT to enable help-desk and grade upload capability.
Environment: Java, Perl, Python, Django, JSON, SQLAlchemy ORM, Bash, Axis1 Webservice client to MantisBT, PHP MantisBT Plugin, LTI Canvas Learning Management System, Spring, Excel VBA, PHP/JavaBridge, Canvas REST Client/Consumer from Python and Java, Java Encryption & keystore, MariaDB, PostGreSQL, Tomcat, GitBucket, Git, Maven
- Extend & support custom billing system, responsible for selected subscriber products (15% subscriber base)
- Development support and enhancements for a business-critical Rebate SOA application using Spring Security.
- Integrate Java custom billing solution with SAP system to successfully eliminate time-consuming manual processes to now of the original processing time.
- Overhaul java code base of 4 applications to enhance efficiency and allow compatibility with Glassfish 4.
- Implement and scope JSR-299 API: CDI, Contexts, and Dependency Injection.
- Solely maintain 4 Enterprise Java Applications, which included an upgrade ICEFaces and JPA components.
- Support Python scripts collecting data to Oracle Database from an external system.
- Rewrite a static product purchase component dynamically. Enable the customer to improve efficiency and reduce cost significantly to enable a new product offering to be added in time required previously.
- Create a reporting engine that dynamically creates reports based on XML/XSLT stored in the database (JPA), replacing a legacy static reporting system. Enable the client to significantly reduce the creation of reports, eliminate the need for coding report changes
- Create an automated monitoring system, used for 10 servers, developed with Bash scripts, ssh, Perl, java, ssmp, GDGraph, GNUPlot, JMeter, siege, and the Apache POI API creating Microsoft report documents.
- Develop and implement a complete document management platform that tracks document receipt and delivery, enabling the customer to replace a manual document management process.
- Implement module using XSLT to dynamically export customer PDF documentation according to the various types of subscriber contracts. Therefore, saving future development effort by keeping the implementation of new document change request confined to the stylesheet language transformation sheets.
- Port web applications from WebSphere to Weblogic, enabling the client to save cost on server licensing.
- Maintain and support on a credit check system utilizing Perl and AIX Unix - Korn shell scripting
- Implement dynamic API for parsing of product specification (XML), according to the Singleview Product Catalog definition file (XSD), replacing error-prone, static legacy code.
- Analyze business requirements and develop a customer care tool, as part of a team, that enabled a successful migration from a legacy billing system. The tool interfaced indirectly to CSG Singleview via a SOA web-service implementation provided by a 3 rd party developer.
Environment: Java, JSP Portlets. XMLBeans, Ant, Apache Jmeter, Perl GDGraph, GNUPlot, HTML, Singleview Product Catalog
- Implement new Java: back-end web-services layer developed to expose functionality that uses Oracle Billing and Revenue Management via its Java API. Successful implementing web services around crud actions to the Oracle BRM billing system.
- Maintain and implement changes to lower level Oracle BRM operations (OP-Codes) shared libs using C.
- Developed a reusable reporting framework (Java) which was subsequently used by developers in 15+ reports
- Port encoding algorithm, using various conversion steps that include hexadecimal etc., from python into java.
- Developed java backend actions using the Apache Struts Framework and our Integration Layer, during the rewrite of an aging product registration interface, to create a maintainable modern version.