- An IT professional with 4+ years of work experience as a MSBI/Power BI Developer
- Strong experience in using MS Suite (SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience and well versed in Agile Methodology.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self - managing and teamwork spirit, goal-oriented, highly motivated with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in logical and physical Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI Suite (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI Pro, Power BI Desktop), Microsoft Excel Pivot Table, and Data Models to gather information from multiple sources and deliver information to the end user.
- Working knowledge of building statistical KPI reporting dashboards with predictive analysis.
- Excellent DAX Skills and the ability to create and troubleshoot complex calculations and measures.
- Experienced in transforming unstructured data from various data sources such as Excel Spreadsheets, OLTP databases, flat files, XML files, etc.
- Created complex SSIS packages using various tasks and transformations in Control flow and Data flow.
- Implemented Various Error handling and Event Handling Techniques to ensure efficient package execution.
- Experience in the design and development of Reports and Dashboard, Sub-Reports, Drilldown reports, Drill through reports, Parameterized reports, Chart reports, Gauge reports, Map reports (by territory, by country, by state) using SSRS.
- Experience with Report Server and Report Manager.
- Ability to Schedule standard and data driven Subscriptions.
- Experienced in creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers.
- Understanding of Isolation Levels, Normalizing and De-normalizing tables, maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Good working knowledge in database debugging and tuning using the SQL Server Debugger, SQL Profiler, and the Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Experienced in logical and physical Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Experienced in handling Slowly Changing Dimensions while loading data into the data warehouse.
- Developed Multi-Dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
RDBMS: SQL Server 2012/2016,2017 T-SQL, MS Access
ETL: SQL Server Integration Services, Data Transformation Services, T-SQL, Stored procedures
Languages: SQL, DAX, T-SQL, M Query
Tools: Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI
Office Tools: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, OutlookData Modeling Microsoft visual studio 2012/2016
Power BI / SQL BI Developer
- Collaborate with analysts and department leaders to design, build, and customize reports and reporting packages using SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, and Power BI
- Publishing of various kinds of data visualization dashboard reports from Power BI Desktop to Power BI service
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using proper control flow and data flow elements.
- Used different type of transformations for cleaning the data from different sources into company format.
- Designed packages using data conversion, multicast, lookup. sorting, scripting, lookup.
- Troubleshooted of processes, issues and errors in SSIS Packages to improve their performance.
- Edited and loaded data into power BI desktop
- Involving in creating of various Business Intelligence/Analytical Dashboard utilizing Power BI with calculating columns and measures using complex Dax calculation and transformation using Query Editor.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with Power BI (Power Pivot, Power View, Power BI Online, Power BI Desktop)
- Worked on Power BI Dashboard using stacked chart, line chart, pie chart, geographical map, gauge, and slicer.
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) to solve several basic calculation and data analysis problems.
- Experience building graphs, charts and reports to communicate business information in SSRS and Power BI (Desktop, Service, Mobile)
- Experience in refreshing dataset using Power BI Gateway
- Experience in configuring Power BI Gateway (both personal and On-Premise)
- Interacted with users extensively in gathering the requirements and analyzing the needs of the end-users
- Understanding the various complex reporting requirements of the company and creating web reports using Reporting Services
- Defined the report layout and identified datasets for the report generation. Developed reports using T-SQL queries, user-defined functions, stored procedures, common table expression (CTE), temporary table and views.
- Optimized SQL queries for improved performance and availability
- Created SSRS report projects in BI Visual studio and created, modified, and managed various report models with multiple objects, source fields, and expressions.
- Troubleshoot T-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS errors and performance issues and address them as required.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
SQL BI Developer
- Worked with Business analyst, Data architect and business users to understand business processes, document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications
- Analyzed source data to determine the data model and ETL solution that will meet business requirements.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, Excel and Access to SQL.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various transformations and tasks like For loop and Foreach Loop Container, Execute SQL, Execute Package, Send Mail, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Lookup, Merge, Merge Join, Row Count, flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination etc.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Configured SSIS packages using package logging, Breakpoints, Checkpoints and Event handling to fix the errors.
- Worked on developing tables, indexes, views, creating complex stored procedures, triggers, functions.
- Created reports from data warehouse using SSRS.
- Develop Ad-hoc, Standard, Dashboards, and other reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from a variety of data sources including Analysis Services Cubes and relational databases.
- Enhanced and developed Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Managed Dashboards, Matrix reports (crosstab or pivot), Charts and graphs as per customer requirements Using SSRS.
- Worked on SSRS reports to report the Year To-Date, Month To Date, and Week To Date.
- Troubleshoot slow performing queries by using SQL Profiler.
- Scheduled the reports to run on daily and weekly basis in report manager and also email them to managers and analysts to review in excel spread sheet.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), XML Source, Excel Source, OLTP Source.