- Highly skilled IT professional with 4+ years of work experience in various roles as a consultant, business analyst and developer working for major corporate clients
- Have in depth knowledge of design, development and the implementation of applications in the Business Intelligence and Client / Server technologies
- Strong experience in using the Microsoft Suite (Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI
- Implemented Business Intelligence solutions using Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS) and developed enterprise applications
- Generated reports in various formats like Table format and Matrix format using Reporting services (SSRS & Power BI) to display in a customized format as per business requirements
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formattingreport layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data,Defining Data Source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with user and client interaction experience
- Experience with advanced Power - BI topics such as complex calculations, table calculations, parameters, geographic mapping, and performance optimization
- Experience in SSRS, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Excel: Pivot Table, Power Query, Power Pivot, and Data Models to gather information from multiple sources and deliver information to the user.
- Responsible for the design and development of Dashboards and Scorecards using Power BI and SSRS reports and SQL queries that pulls data from multiple SQL Server databases
- Excellent DAX Skills and the ability to create and troubleshoot complex calculations and measures
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources using SSIS Transformations like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort and Derived Column for cleaning bad data, validating data
- Experience working with ETL (Extract Transform and Load) tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) from various data sources such as Excel Spreadsheets, OLTP databases, flat files, XML files etc.
- Experience in Logical modeling using the Dimensional Modeling techniques such as Star schema and Snow flake schema
- Created complex SSIS packages using various tasks and transformations in Control and Data Flow
DBMS/RDBMS: MS-SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005/2000, T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access, Visio
ETL: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL Stored Procedures
Language: SQL, C, C#
Operating System: Windows server 2003/XP/NT 6.0/98/Vista, 7, 8, RHEL 4.0/5.0, Mac OS
Data Modeling: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, SSAS
Office Tools: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Vision, one note, MS Operations Manager, Share point.
Domain Expertise: Internet (SEM/SEO) Marketing, Real Estate, Customer Service and Technical Support, Labor Management Optimization, Corporate Financials
Power BI Developer
- Perform data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) between systems using SQL tools such as SSIS.
- Design and develop data marts and BI using multi-dimensional models - star schema.
- Implement different Slowly Changing Dimension methodologies to maintain and update historical data corresponding to Dimension tables in the data mart.
- Create Dashboards, Tabular, Matrix reports (crosstab or pivot), Charts and graphs as per customer requirements using Power BI.
- Troubleshoot and create complex calculations using DAX
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which are configured to display a different color when a specified threshold was reached.
- Create cubes from the relational data warehouse and created KPI's for the stakeholders.
- Design Reports (ED Dashboard) which has several reports including patient counts by time of day. This is a line chart displaying 3 data sets: admitted patients, count of patient arrivals into the ED and count of Patients departed from ED.
- I added sub-reports to each of the datasets which provided more details like the admits, the acuity levels, floors where they were admitted, the arrivals whether by ambulance or walk-in.
- Create a Milestone display which shows time to specific milestone. These could be customized to clients need - like Time to Exam Room, Time to Nurse, Time to Doctor, Door to Disposition.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Reporting services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Power BI
SQL Server Developer
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform data from various ETL sources: XML source, Excel source, SQL Server database (OLTP database)
- Performed data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) between systems using advanced SQL tools in SSIS (i.e. pivot Transformation, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregations, Multicasting).
- Experience in Resolving Complex Issues and Error Handling. Implemented Various Error handling and Event Handling Techniques in SSIS to ensure efficient package execution by using Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Logging.
- Wrote stored procedures and scripts to move content for staging database to actual database in all environments.
- Created SSRS report projects in BI Visual studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple objects, source fields and expressions.
- Analyzing a huge number of existing reports to understand the logical and interface design changes to be applied accordingly.
- Designed and develop Dashboards and Reports using generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports, Parameterized reports, Toggle reports, Chart reports, Gauge reports, Map reports (by country, by state)
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Reporting services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS)