- 9+ years of Experience in Database Design, Development and business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server in Development, Test and Production Environments on various business domains like Financial, Insurance, Healthcare, Human Resource and Banking.
- Expertise in using ETL methodologies such as Data Extraction, Data Migration, Data Cleansing and developing Master Data using Informatica Power Center.
- Experience in implementing slowly changing dimensions like SCD TYPE 1, SCD TYPE 2 and SCD TYPE 3 with Informatica.
- Good in working and Building cloud formation infrastructure with AWS technologies like EC2, AmazonS3, Amazon GLUE, Dynamo DB.
- Strong knowledge of using Python for data analysis and working with Rest API’s.
- Strong Understanding in analytical Database Design and Data Modeling using MS Visio and ERWIN.
- Experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Serverfor creating reports and data visualizations.
- Extensive experience in Relational and Dimensional Data modeling for creating Logical and Physical Design of Database and ER Diagrams using multiple data modeling tools like ERWIN, ER Studio.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, functions, Cursors and Indexes using T - SQL.
- Proficient in SQL Server and T-SQL (DDL and DML) scripts in creating Tables and Normalization techniques on database Tables.
- Experience in creating Sub-Queries and Joins for complex queries involving multiple tables and Exception Handlers.
- Experience in creating Indexes, Indexed Views in observing Business Rules and creating TEMPeffective Functions and appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Proficient in Datawarehouse design principals using Star and Snowflake models.
- Good in building reports using Business Objects Web Intelligence tools.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization to improve server performance.
- Proficient in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Good in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like drill down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart and Sub Reports.
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine tuning the reports. Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS.
- Good Understanding of HTML and CSS.
SQL Server Tools: SSDT, SSMS, BIDS
ETL & Reporting Tools: Informatica Power Center, SSIS, SSRS, Excel 2013, Tableau, Business Objects Web Intelligence
T: SQL,PL/SQL, Python, HTML, CSS
AWS Technologies: S3, Redshift, GLUE, Lambda
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Built complex Informatica ETL workflows for various departments and created workflows with various tasks like Session, Command, Email, Control Task and Worklets.
- Developed mappings, workflows and shell scripts using connected/unconnected lookups, filter, router, aggregator, expression, update strategy, joiner for mapping development.
- Developed Informatica workflows and scheduled to execute stored procedures in the data warehouse.
- Created mapping parameters and parameter files on different mappings and sessions, based on various business requirements.
- Developed change data capture workflow which halped various departments track history of employees, internal transfers and retired staff which halped in making employment decisions using people analytics data.
- Analyzed varying and evolving data sources and performing data analysis and creating DDL scripts, database views, stored procedures, packages.
- Created complex SQL Stored Procedures to build employee roll up table thereby creating a functional organization chart and built views to allow access based on departments and executives.
- Maintain and develop IT department’s Dev, QA and Production databases in different servers and ensuring data in all three environments are synced on a regular basis.
- Create StagingTables to load data and transform and clean data before loading into target tables and creating primary keys and foreign keys to establish and build a Relational Data Warehouse.
- Ingested Data into the warehouse and performed custom calculations for data related to employment and unemployment to be displayed on bank’s internal websites.
- Built dynamic reports in Tableauusing bar graphs, pie charts for various departments and published them to the Tableau server.
- Developed dynamically updating stored procedures dat calculated data related to budget, forecast and auto generated reports for executive leadership.
- Ensured scheduled data is updated and available daily to support Tableau reports dat are refreshed daily.
- Develop relational & dimensional database models like star schema and snowflake schema in MS Visio.
- Coordinated with DBA on database build and table normalizations and de-normalizations.
- Lead the team on Migration of Informatica tool from 9.6 to 10.2 environment, ensuring workflows, sessions, mappings, relational connections and variables were properly migrated without any errors.
- Worked on POC for replicating existing informatica ETL’s in the cloud using AWS GLUE and storing metadata in Glue Catalog.
- Worked on POC for Creating Cloud Formation scripts to extract data from Public website and modifying it to replicate on premises ETL data pipeline at the Federal Reserve Bank.
Confidential, Aguora hills, CA
- Developed Informatica workflows and Stored Procedures to load/transform/cleanse data from SQL Server, Oracle and Excel Files to Facts and Dimension Tables in the Data Warehouse.
- Created csv’s using python to read from web API’s and loaded the csv into the data warehouse using Informatica and SSIS.
- Migrated all DTS packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and modified the packages accordingly using the advanced features of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Worked on different kinds of Transformations in SSIS like Slowly changing dimension (SCD’s), Lookup, Merge, Derived column, Multicast, Conditional split, Aggregate, Fuzzy lookup, Pivot and UnPivot as per the client requirement.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed different kind of reports such a Dashboards , Sub Reports, Charts, Matrix reports, Linked Reports Using SSRS .
- Participated in the design and development of the Data Warehouse using Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Involved in creating new logical and physical design of the database to fit new business requirements and implemented new design into SQL Server 2012.
- Troubleshoot issues with ETL load (SSIS and Stored Procedures) and Cube processing.
- Created ETL technical specification documents describing ETL design and load strategies to populate operational data store and DataMart’s.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Deployed Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameters using Tableau.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Scatter Plots, Pie Charts and Bar Charts.
- Utilized Tableau server to publish and share the reports with the business users.
- Involved in Automation of ETL processes and jobs using PowerShell to reduce manual intervention.
- Improved Stored Procedures and SQL Queries performance by analyzing execution plans and creating proper Indexes using SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Participated in code-review sessions on existing SSRS report’s performance and Dataset query tuning.
- Involved in Data Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Developed reports related to budget, employee head count and cost analysis for various departments using Business Objects Web Intelligence .
- Created standard and data driven subscriptions for weekly, monthly and daily reports.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Developed complex mappings using SSIS to transform and load the data from various source systems like Oracle database, Excel, Flat files into the SQL 2012 Server target staging database.
- Participated in Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data into data warehouse and data marts.
- Design and develop Business Intelligence solutions using MSBI tools (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS).
- Created complex T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, CTE’s, Views, Joins and Triggers.
- DevelopedT-SQL Queries,SSIS Packages and Stored Procedures.
- Developed SQL and PL/SQL scripts to transfer tables across the schemas and databases.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Created SSIS packages to capture the Incremental changes for the Data warehouse.
- Responsible for providing 24x7 Production support, Database and Log Backups, Backup strategies and scheduling Backups.
- Generating PowerShell scripting to avoid errors used for SSRS.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of programs, ETL procedures and processes.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS).
- Developed various operational Drill-through and Drill-down reports using SSRS.
- Developed Report Models using report builder and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Involved in performance tuning the slow running reports and stored procedures by creating appropriate indexes and analyzing execution plans.
Confidential, Boca Raton, Florida
- Created SQL Server Integration Service packages (SSIS) and used it to Extract, Transform and Load(ETL) into Database tables.
- Used PowerShell script for SQL Server Maintenance activities.
- Generated database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Deployed SSIS packages and Reports to Production Servers.
- Created SSIS Reusable Packages to extract data from Multi formatted Flat files, Excel, XML files into Database and Billing Systems.
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) source data into respective target tables to build the requireddata marts.
- Created database objects in SQL Server 2005 including Tables, Triggers, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF) and Indexes.
- Involved in Testing and Debugging Stored Procedures and functions, database tuning.
- Created jobs and monitored job history for maximum availability of data and to ensureconsistency of the databases.
- Analyzed the existing tool and participated in meetings with the business users to gatherrequirements and design goals of data warehouse.
- Developed ETL packages using DTS Import/Export Data, Bulk Insert, BCP, Data Replication andDTS Packages.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate dataduring transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Created several Complex Reports (sub reports, graphical, multiple groupings, drilldowns,parameter driven, formulas, summarized and conditional formatting) using SSRS.
- Created Jobs Performance report dat queries sys tables and shows how long each job ran andweekly-average duration using SSRS.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Created and developed Stored Procedures and Triggers to handle complex business rules, history data and audit analysis.
- Conducted performance tuning/MS SQL Server development - SQL Profiler, SQL scripts, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions and transactions analysis, thorough understanding of indices and statistics (Query Optimizer).
- Conducted logical and physical database design including data modeling, maintenance, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Conducted database management, performance measurement and performance tuning for new databases and existing databases by using SQL Profiler, SQL Analyzer and SQL EnterpriseManager.
- Created and administered multiple development, and production databases.
- Developed and created data dictionary, advanced queries, views, indices and functions for databases.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts dat modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Generated Reports for executive members as per Ad-hoc requests.