- 9 years of strong experience in MS SQL Server and Oracle database administration in heterogeneous system environment including Windows and UNIX supporting a variety of mission critical applications with MS SQL Server 2014, MS SQL Server 2016, Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c.
- Experience in installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of SQL Server 2014, 2016 and 2017 instance on Windows server 2012R2 and Windows Server 2019 Operating System.
- Experience working with MS SQL Azure and experience with installing and configuring SQL Azure Data Sync Agent for database replication.
- Experience with a Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), also I had experience in Change Request (CR) and Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) procedures.
- Experience in upgrading databases from 10g to 11g and 11g to 12c using DBUA (oracle database upgrade assistant) and manual method.
- Management of database security with managing users, grant user privileges on data dictionaries, schemas, tables and table spaces, creating roles and profiles, password authentication, table partitioning, indexes, grant quotas for users.
- Experience in application and memory tuning with explain plan, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL trace, SQL optimization utilities, SQL tuning advisor, SQL access advisor and SQL planned management.
- Experience in using tools like AWR (automatic workload repository), ADDM (automatic database diagnostic monitor) and ASH (active session history) for database performance reports
- Proven technical knowledge of infrastructure management (network, systems), combined with outstanding leadership ability and creative problem solving skills in both strategic and tactical areas as well as excellent communication /documentation skills and strong aptitude to analyze and resolve problems.
- Strong experience in migrating database from Non - ASM to ASM and Non-RAC to RAC.
- Administered Oracle ASM disk groups (mirroring, compatibility) with Oracle ASM Configuration Assistant (ASMCA)
- Experience in installation, upgrade and maintenance of RAC (Real Application Cluster) 10g and 11g databases to support online applications.
- Configuring Automatic Storage Management (ASM) which includes creating disks and disk groups for oracle 10g and 11gR2 RAC databases.
- Experience in monitoring oracle instances and maintaining databases, performance using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), Oracle GRID-control and database monitoring using 11g Grid monitoring tool.
- Responsible for RMAN backups, and improvement to backup with incremental back by adding block change tracking feature of Oracle 11gR2.
- Maintaining and scheduling Cold Backups, Hot Backups, and Export Dumps. Maintaining backups of Archive logs and automating cleaning of archive logs. Deploying RMAN to automate backup and maintaining scripts in recovery catalog.
- Data transferring with export/import utilities and Data Pump and SQL* Loader.
- Performing complete and incomplete recovery during disasters, failures and user errors.
- Configuring user creation, their roles and privileges profiles to control access over database objects.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch as well as database upgrades
- Installed and maintained Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Extensive experience in database production support.
- Database backup concepts and options such as user-managed backup, RMAN-managed backup with or without catalog, operating system backup, cold and hot backup, full backup, incremental and cumulative backup. Implementing backup and recovery strategies.
- Deployed Standby databases using Data Guard 11G (Maximum Performance).
Databases: MS Server 2014/2016/2017 , Oracle 12C/11G/10G
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012R2, Windows server 2019, Windows 95/98/NT/2000. HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x. Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10.
Tuning Tools: SQL Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Server
Profiler: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL.
Utilities: SSMS, SQL Azure Data Sync, RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, Data pump, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer.
SQL Server Database Administrator
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2016, SQL Server Azure, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2019, Windows 10, SSMS, Toad, SQL Azure Data Sync Agent, VMWare, SPLUNK, MS SharePoint, Adobe, Visual Studio.
- Installed, configured and administered SQL Server 2014 instances on Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2016 instances on Windows server 2019, setup Development, Staging and Production environments databases.
- Installed MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for SQL Server database management.
- Created users and assigned permissions based on the level of databases access.
- Created Linked Servers to SQL Servers and other databases servers such Oracle…
- Designed SQL Server database backup and restoration strategy.
- Performed daily checkup for servers and databases instances, but also the scheduled jobs, scheduled backups and worked sustainment issues as required, monitored load times.
- Performed full, differential and transaction log backups for SQL Server databases.
- Performed Point-in-time recovery with the databases as per requests.
- Setup High-Availability as part of Disaster Recovery plan for the databases.
- Used SQL Server Database Tuning Advisor and SQL Server Profiler to tune performance issues on SQL query level, server level and database level.
- Familiar with SQL Server database, SQL Server Instance and application Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and have a strong experience in Change Request (CR) and Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) procedures.
- I applied Service packs when needed and documented major changes to the SQL Servers.
Environment: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Linux, Windows 10, SQL Developer, PL/SQL, Shell scripting (Bourne), OEM, Statspack, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, AWS.
- Supervision of level 2 and 1 DBA’s
- RAC, Physical and Logical Standby database for Test, Development and Production for various Oracle HA Stack: Install, Configure, Setup, Maintain and Support Oracle 11gR2, 12c home-developed applications.
- Involved in 24x7 on-call support for 12 databases of 5.0 TB 3 Node production 10g and 11g RAC databases using Oracle 12c Cloud Control for Alert Monitoring and Notification.
- Upgraded The uat1 environment to uat2 to ust3.
- Managing and monitoring the Oracle Management Cloud enterprise.
- Apply Oracle patches for various Oracle bugs and quarterly security patches for oracle database appliances X5-2/X4-2 to both primary and standby databases.
- Very good hands on experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Oracle SOA Suite 11g/12c components in Oracle WebLogic Server domains.
- Familiar with oakcli commands use to access our oracle database appliance. Extensive experience with the oracle virtual machine (OVM) to access the overall health of our servers.
- Create reports and make necessary changes from the backend using the OracleBI discoverer administrator tool for our clients and the business.
- Worked in a data warehouse environment on a project to Install and Configured OBIEE 12cR1. Also created OID accounts for new users, mapping OBIEE 12c Users to OID groups.
- Perform restore/recovery/refresh of databases both on same and alternate servers and other levels. of restore/recovery (dropped table) using Data pump.
- Ensure that standby database is always in sync with production database by checking archive logs sequences.
- Configure and monitor the database full backup and incremental backups that have set to run as a crontab job. Also, Backup/Restore of databases/tables/schema using Data pump export/import and transportable tablespaces.
- Troubleshoot and resolve locking and concurrency issues, excessive parsing, resource bottlenecks (including memory and CPU bottlenecks) and recommending a solution.
- Creating and assigning appropriate roles and privileges to users depending on the user activity.
- Creating and scheduling Autosys jobs and making sure they run smoothly.
- Constantly monitoring SQL scripts which have been saved as cronjobs to check the overall health of the database and gathering the messaging evidence for the appropriate team.