- Microsoft Certified Business Intelligence Developer with 5+ years of work experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions in an Agile environment.
- Strong experience in using the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL). Worked with SQL server 2008/12/14/16.
- Excellent backend skills in creating SQL objects such as Tables, Complex Stored Procedures, Effective Functions, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Rules and SQL Performance Tuning to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistency.
- Experience in writing complex T - SQL queries.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes. Data Migration from various type of sources (Excel, flat file, csv, XML, OLTP DB etc.), Data Conversions, Data Extraction/ Transformation/Loading (ETL) using DTS and SQL Scripts.
- Experience in configuring SSIS packages using package logging, Breakpoints, Checkpoints and Event handling to fix the errors. Expert in troubleshooting SSIS packages using a variety of techniques/tools.
- Broad knowledge of Informatica.
- Experience in designing and developing considerable number of reports in SSRS using the data from ETL Loads, Proficient in developing Drill through and Drill down reports, parameterized reports, Linked reports, Sub-reports, Matrix reports, and Chart reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Good understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling and Cube development in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created OLAP applications with OLAP services in SQL Server and built multi-dimensional cubes.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, operational data store (ODS), OLAP, Star schema modelling, Snowflake modeling for fact and Dimension tables.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-managing and teamwork spirits.
- Well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Platforms: Windows (2000, XP, Vista,7,8), MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access
Languages: T-SQL, XML, Visual Basic
Applications / BI Tools: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis (SSAS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Access, SQL SERVER, MS Visio, SQL Profiler, Query Optimizer
Work Flow Tools: MS Visio
Miscellaneous: Visible Analysis and Troubleshooting
SQL Server SSIS/ETL Developer
- Consolidated a massive inbound auto loans from various sources.
- Created packages using Integration Services (SSIS) for extracting data from Flat Files, XML files, CSV files, Access, Excel files, OLE DB to SQL Server, and load data to the Data Warehouse.
- Developed and maintained complex T-SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated subqueries. Developed complex store procedure and user-defined functions.
- Troubleshooted slow performing queries by using SQL Profiler. I Created traces in SQL Profiler and used Data base engine tuning advisor for Performance tuning on stored procedures.
- Formulated and documented ETL process design based on business requirements and system specifications with strong ETL design skills.
- Designed SSIS packages to bring data from existing OLTP databases to the new data warehouse by using various transformations and tasks like Sequence Containers, Script, For loop and For Each Loop Container, Execute SQL, Execute Package, Send Mail, File System, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Look-up, Merge, Merge Join, Row Count, Sort, Union All, flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination etc.
- Implemented Various Error handling and Event Handling Techniques in SSIS to ensure efficient package execution.
- Involved in creating C# scripts using script task in SSIS.
- Involved in performing incremental loads while transferring data from OLTP to data warehouse using different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS.
- Involved in configuring, deploying and scheduling SSIS packages across different environments.
- Involved in the development and maintenance of Database Schema, Entity relationship diagrams, Data modeling. Developed tables, constraints, schemas, indexes, views, creating complex stored procedures, triggers, functions.
- Configured SQL Mail agent to send automatic emails when a SSIS Process has failed or succeeded.
SQL Server/SSRS/SSIS/SSAS Developer
- Designed and created an ETL solution to consolidate records of Loans received from various Clients via numerous sources. Numerous reports were also created to meet the organization’s requirements.
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes.
- Used advanced SSIS tools (Derived Columns, Conditional Split, Look-up Transformation, Aggregations, Multicasting).
- Contributed to the development and modification of coding standards for the team to ensure consistency, efficiency and accuracy in reporting and data analysis.
- Performed efficient tuning of SQL source queries for data load/ Usage of stored procedures for optimized performance.
- Enhanced performance using optimization techniques-normalization and indexing
- Performance tuning of Queries, Stored Procedures and existing ETL packages.
- Designed various SSRS reports as requested by the client.
- Created and developed Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports, Matrix reports using SSRS.
- Created Dashboards, Tabular, Matrix reports, Charts, graphs and Gauges as per the organization’s requirements Using SSRS.
- Rendered reports in different formats like pdf, excel etc. Scheduled to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis and managed subscriptions.
- Applied security to reports on item and folder level.
- Created standard report Subscriptions and Data Driven report Subscriptions.
- Created complex stored procedures/functions and used them in SSRS directly to generate ad-hoc reports.
- Render reports in different formats like pdf, excel etc. to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis and manage subscriptions.
- Deployed the solutions on web server, involved in creating user security and roles in reporting services at both parent level and report level.
- Helped the users to test the reports created and optimized the performance of the end reports.
- Developing OLAP cubes by identifying tables (fact and dimension), Data Source and Data Source Views, attributes and dimension members using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).