- Profound knowledge and ability to write stored procedures, temporary tables, views, indexes, triggers when required and complex queries including correlated queries and queries with complex joins and aggregate functions. Expertise with DDL and DML statements, RDBMS’s, data dictionaries and normal forms.
- Highly qualified MS BI consultant with over 5 years of experience in implementing end - to-end BI solutions using the Microsoft BI Stack (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS and Tableau) within several industries viz. Manufacturing, Health, Service, and Insurance.
- Involved in gathering business requirements from clients through Joint Requirement Development sessions for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process and familiar with RUP, Spiral, XP and Agile and Scrum Models.
- Extensively worked on OLTP Relational Schema with Normalization and OLAP Dimensional Modeling using Star and Snowflake schema.
- Knowledgeable about Multi-dimensional cube and tabular Models
- Very well versed in writing T-SQL and MDX for querying tables and Cubes
- Hands on experience with Erwin for data modeling.
- Extensively created and debugged large T-SQL database scripts and batches to facilitate effective database management.
- Highly Proficient in T-SQL programming in creating stored procedures, triggers, views and user defined functions on SQL 2005/2008/2008 R2 and 2012 Servers.
- Created partitions on tables, indexes and indexed views as well as querying and managing partitions from optimization point-of-view according to the business criteria.
- Optimized T SQL Scripts by analyzing Execution Plans as well as using Microsoft Tools like SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Good understanding of OLAP data warehouse design practices to include the design of cube objects, the design of optimal and efficient cube processing strategies based on infrastructure as well as cube size in both multi-dimensional cubes
- Experience in Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, SharePoint list, and Flat file using BCP, Bulk Insert & SSIS package.
- Experience using many of the SSIS transformations like derived column, Aggregate, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Conditional Split, Derived Column, and Multicast.
- Designed ETL packages using proper Loggings and Checkpoints, secured packages with Encryption in conjunction with passwords.
- Well versed in creating Parameterized Reports, Drill down, linked, sub cascading Reports and Reports using SQL server Reporting Services.
- Proficient in using Report Manager for setting up roles, security on the reports and creating Standard and Data Driven Subscriptions in Delivery of Reports.
- Highly skilled in Creating Tableau 8.3 and Tableau 9.0 to create report and visualization from numerous sources
- Experience in using ProClarity Professional for browsing cubes and creating reports
- Experience on MS-Excel Pivots and VLOOKUP.
Database Tools: Management Studio, ER-Win, MS Visio
RDBMS: MS SQL 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012,2014 Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, MySQL
Business Intelligence: BIDS/SSDT, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SharePoint 2010, 2013, Tableau, ProClarity
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/R2, 7/8
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes
- Created custom database reporting tools by coding stored procedures, triggers, and queries with PL/SQL.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages using different type's task, with Error Handling, Log particular event by doing logging and worked on package configuration.
- Applied various data transformations like Merge, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split and Derived column.
- Experience in deploying the SSIS packages to stage and production environments and creating SQL server agent jobs for scheduling
- Participate deploying T-sql script using ApexSQL to production every two weeks.
- Designed and developed different type of reports including: Drill through reports, Sub reports, Drill down reports based on business requirement using SSRS.
- Create and maintain SSRS reports as Invoices and Monthly Summary Reports for clients.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained various SSRS Reports in SQL Server
- Ability to use complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, optimize and format custom reports
- Analyzed requirement and impact by participating in Joint Application Development sessions with business
- Gathered business requirements and converted it into SQL stored procedures for database specific projects creating SSIS packages and have used For each Loop containers, Sequence Container for developing processes and loaded data using different transformations such as Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Merge Join and Union all.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.