- Extensively involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expert in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Thorough understanding of different Testing Methodologies.
- Expertise in creating dashboards, reports, reporting and analytic applications and tools to drive sales and revenue growth.
- Utilized all Tableau tools including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Public and Tableau Reader.
- Extensive experience on building dashboards in Tableau and Involved in Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
- Created and maintained various reporting dashboards to consolidate multiple views for internal and external purposes.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Excellent with Actions and Quick Filters
- Experienced all phases of SDLC like Requirements
- Tested Client/Server and Web - based applications in Windows, UNIX and Mac environment.
- Expert in analyzing and reviewing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Software Design Documents.
- Expert in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Analysis Report (TAR).
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM) to measure the testing progress.
- Expert in Functional, Regression, Positive, Negative, Integration, System, Black Box, User Acceptance, Performance, Volume, Stress and Load testing.
- Experience in preparation of automated test scripts to perform Regression.
- Involved in Performance Testing using HP Load Runner.
- Strong experience in Database/Backend testing using MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Able to write both simple and complex SQL queries.
- Through understanding of Software Defect Life Cycle and solid experience with different bug tracking tools like HP Interactive, Quality Center, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Bug-base, and PVCS Tracker.
- Excellent leadership, communication, coordination and documentation skills.
- Problem solving ability, analytical and programming skills in high speed, quality conscious multi-tasked environment.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and skills in time management, client relationship and ability to adapt and learn new things quickly.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, multi-focused and ability to meet project milestone and deliverable dates.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team successfully.
Testing Tools: HP Interactive Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center (QC), Quality Center (TD), Load Runner
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, VB, .Net, ASP.Net, VB.Net.
OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win 7, UNIX, Linux, Mac
Database: Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server, SAP
Database Management Tool: Oracle SQL Plus, MS SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD
Reporting Tools: Tableau
Internet: HTML, XML, CSS, PHP, VB Script, Applets and Java Script
Server: IIS, WebSphere
Application Software: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel), OpenOffice.org, Lotus Notes
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose and UML
Networking: TCP/IP, Windows NT server, LAN and WAN
GUI Editing Tool: Photoshop CS, Paint.NET, Gimp
Tableau developer / Administrator
- Provided 24X7 supports as a Tableau developer and Administrator including technical support, troubleshooting, report design, monitoring system usage.
- Created variety of visualizations and dashboards according to business requirement specifications.
- Extracted data from different sources connecting them and used the same to create dashboard.
- Designed and deployed interactive reports with drill downs drop down menu option, parameters and linked reports using Tableau.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Created highly interactive Data visualization Reports and Dashboards using feature such as Data Blending, Calculations, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Maps, Extracts, Context Filters, Sets, Aggregate measures etc
- Built reporting against Single, Multiple Tables, Views, Materialized Views and Complex Custom SQL.
- Review Vendors Status Reports with Project Team and created visualization for budget forecasting.
- Published views and dashboards in Tableau Server for auditor review.
QA Test Engineer
- Performed Manual Testing.
- Gathered and analyzed Business Requirements.
- Participated in developing Test plan.
- MS Office was used to create the test plan, store test cases and run the test sets.
- Used Bug-base for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Performed execution of Test Cases manually to verify the expected results.
- Created and filed various office documentation using MS Office applications.
- Worked with Project Lead in developing estimates for QA project deliverables such as scope, schedule, duration and resources.
- Developed QA schedules, Test Coverage/Execution of reports for all test phases using standard Templates.
- Took part in technical group meetings, with all teams: Business, Software Development team.
- Involve in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing.
- Retested Defects as applicable deferred bugs for later release and generated summary reports.
- Involved and responsible for creating Weekly Status Reports regarding the progress of testing process.
- Input data into SAP and evaluate test data to assure consistency and conformance to specifications.
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in both Manual Testing and Automated Testing for a web-based application written in Java and .NET platform.
- Analyzed and reviewed Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Specifications and Use Cases of the application.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Case documents based on Software Requirement Specifications.
- Created Test Scripts and performed Smoke Test, Functional Test, Regression Test, Black-box Test, and Integration test, System Test, Browser Compatibility Test and User Acceptance Test.
- Developed automated test scripts to perform automated Functional Testing using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Maintain the automation scripts for enhancements and modifications to perform Regression Testing using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Enhanced and modified automated scripts for several complex scenarios by adding programming logic using VB script.
- Performed Data-driven Testing using QTP.
- Writing SQL queries to test Data Integrity, Referential Integrity and performed Database Testing for the Application to verify the database.
- Tested application written using .Net technology.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of the Automation testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Responsible for migrating the test cases from excel spreadsheets to the HP Quality Center’s repository.
- Using HP Quality Center to develop, maintain test cases and scripts for both manual and automation.
- Link Test Cases to Application Functional Requirements ensuring Requirement Traceability throughout the testing process in Quality Center.
- Interaction with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues so as to meet the client’s requirement for a better quality software product.
- Attend periodic meetings, conferences on problem resolutions.
- Tested the web-application on different types of browsers on different environments to check browser compatibility.