- 8 Years of IT experience in Database Development, Administration, Business Intelligence Solutions in SQL SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, System Analysis, Design, Development, implementation and support of MS SQL Server 2005/2008//2008 R2/2012,2014, 2016.
- Experience in working in Agile - Scrum environment with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle in different environments like Banking, Natural Gas, Health Care, Engineering and Information Technology.
- Experience in Data Analysis for large and complex system including in HealthCare, Aviation, Banking etc. Extensive experience with Medicare/Medicaid processing as well as the Claims/Billing. Experience as Business System Data Analyst working in Healthcare sectors
- Experienced in ETL processes, Data warehousing methodologies and concepts including Star schemas, Snowflake schemas, Dimensional modeling, Reporting tools, Operations Data Store Concepts, Data Marts and OLAP technologies
- Expert in Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS ), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Bulk Copy Program (BCP)
- Experienced in designing high level ETL architecture, creating, configuring and fine tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Experience in Data Modeling (Logical and Physical Design of Databases), Normalization and De-normalization as required of the large-scale OLTP/OLAP databases using Erwin, Visio.
- In-depth knowledge in ER Modeling and Dimensional Modeling (Star and Snowflake Schema) building Dimension and Fact tables.
- Proficient in SQL Server, Azure, PL/SQL and T-SQL (DDL and DML) in constructing Tables, Normalization techniques on database Tables.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, Flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS Packages by using Sorting, Design Alternatives and by Measuring Performance.
- Experience in Error Handling by using event handlers and provide custom logging for SSIS packages
- Experience in handling Heterogeneous Data Sources and databases APS, EDW, Oracle, IBM DB2, CSV and XML files using SSIS.
- Experience in creating Multidimensional Cubes and Tabular Models, shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels and experience in implementing KPI's, Aggregation, Partitions, Perspectives, Hierarchies and Calculated Members using SQL server Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Experienced in creating row level security for SSAS Tabular Models and their deployment and worked on DAX and MDX in SSAS in tabular and multidimensional cubes.
- Skillful in Creating, Managing, Delivering SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016.
- Writing Ad-hoc query batches and stored procedures to assist in analyzing, cleaning, checking processing data to ensure the maximum possible integrity and quality.
- Experienced in working with various data profiling software including Information Analyzer, Visual Studio.
- Experience in creating and deploying SSIS (ETL process) packages using various Transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Derived Column and Data Conversion Transformations
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Server Agent, and Scheduled SSIS Packages.
- Experience in creating Power BI Visualizations, Dashboards and reports used Power View and Power Map for visualization and versatile in BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio), Tableau, Query Analyzer, Profiler, SQL Server Management.
- Experience in developing the applications using T-SQL Programming (DDL, DML, and DCL), Power Builder, SharePoint, UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience with Power BI for building dashboards, graphs, reports using Power Pivot.
- Experience with .NET framework using ASP.NET, C#, XML, IIS and ADO.NET database connectivity
- Proficient in Database performance optimization, debugging, Troubleshooting and tuning using the Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and SQL Server Debugger.
- Good knowledge and exposure to Database Mirroring, Replication, Log shipping, backup and restore Experience with different scheduling tools like SQL Agent, Active Batch, AutoSys, and Tidal Scheduler.
- Proficient with automated Testing Tools - Win Runner, Load Runner and QTP for testing Client /Server and Web based applications.
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Inter Personal Skills and ability to learn new concepts and supported 24/7 on call in production and development environment.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10
Database: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2, MS Access, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL, DB2
Software/ Applications Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), Crystal Reports
ETL Tools: DTS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Microsoft Visio
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server, SQL developer, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server data tools (SSDT).
Web Tools: Transact SQL, PL/SQL, XML, C, Visual Basic 6.0, Java, Java Script, and HTML.
Version Control/Utilities: CVS, SVN and GIT Hub 2.12.0, JIRA, Citrix
Sr. SQL/SSIS/SSAS/SSRS Developer
- Implemented Copy activity, Custom Azure Data Factory Pipeline Activities.
- Primarily involved in Data Migration using SQL, SQL Azure, Azure storage, and Azure Data Factory, SSIS, PowerShell
- Created C# applications to load data from Azure storage blob to Azure SQL, to load from web API to Azure SQL and scheduled web jobs for daily loads
- Installed SQL 2016 SQL server Database engine, SSIS & SSRS features in the Development environment as needed.
- Designed and developed ETL process with SCD (slowly changing dimensions) with T-SQL, SSIS and VBScript
- Deal with ambiguities to create rational and functional solution from imperfect requirements
- Performed DB ADMIN activities on the Server by taking Back-up & restoring the DB, providing user access privileges, creating linked servers.
- Responsible for extracting the data from OLTP and OLAP using SSIS
- Worked with various tasks and transformations in Control flow and Data flow items
- Developed SSIS packages that can extract data from various sources and merge into one only source for Power BI reports
- Created and managed SSAS Tabular models, creating Dimension and Fact Tables
- Created DAX Expressions and implement Partitions in Tabular models
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes, and aggregations on MS OLAP/ OLTP/Analysis Server (SSAS) in Tabular Model.
- Published the Power BI Desktop models to Power Bi Service to create highly informative dashboards, collaborate using workspaces, apps, and to get quick insights about datasets
- Incorporated filters to narrow down data presented and slicers for appropriate user interaction, conditional formatting to spotlight alarming or profitable numbers
- Created notifications and alerts, subscriptions to reports in the Power BI service
- Wrote Kusto queries to pull telemetry data for analysis
- Used R to extract the data from Cosmos and load it into SQL database
- Managed security and metrics of the data presented using the Admin portal
- Used Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) for version controlling, assisted in documentation, and creating data dictionary.
Environment: SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2012, DTS, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008R2, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, MS Excel, MS Access, Windows Server 2008, Crystal Reports 10.0, Tableau, Oracle 10g, Power BI.
SQL Server /SSRS/SSIS/SSAS Developer
- Actively participate in the Design, Build, Test, and Deploy phases of implementations for Oracle customers.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, FTP Server, Excel, DB2 and SQL 2012).
- Developed Custom Logging so user can know when a row is inserted in custom logging table by every SSIS package that executes, if SSIS packages extract row from DB2 to CDC DB, or any insert, update or delete rows in dimension or fact tables in DW.
- Filtered data from Transient Stage to EDW by using Complex T-SQL statements in Execute SQL Query Task and in Transformations and implemented various Constraints and Triggers for data consistency and to preserve data integrity.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, FTP Task Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Developed SSIS Packages to move data from one database of a server (Partner) to another (CRM) using Web Services Call.
- Created SSIS 2012 Packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the OLTP system, DSR to SQL server.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill down Reports, Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Created many SSIS packages using Import/Export Wizard. Designed many Packages using SSIS Designer by using Control Flow and Data Flow Tasks with ETL Tool.
- Responsible for creating partition function and schema for the table partitioning.
- Wrote and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Experience in KUSTO Query Language
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent.
- Involved in creating counter logs and trace logs for advanced performance analysis and data logging.
- Actively participated in review meetings with Project Manager to ensure that the development of projects meet business and system requirements.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), Visual Studio 2010/2008, SQL Server Agent, Windows server 2008, Erwin 7.2, Visual Source Safe 2005, SQL Profiler, Microsoft SharePoint 2010.