- 8+ years of professional experience in analyzing, designing, and developing Business Intelligence (BI) database applications and various segments of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SSIS, creating mappings/ workflows to extract data from SQL Server Excel file, Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities Data Transformation Services (DTS), creating Dynamic packages for Incremental Loads.
- Implemented SSIS data, created maintenance procedures and provided data integrity strategies using ETL.
- Expert in developing T - SQL (DDL, DML) statements, PL-SQL statements, Data Integrity (constraints), Rules and Validation issues.
- In-depth knowledge in ER Modeling and Dimensional Modeling (Star and Snowflake Schema) building Dimension and Fact tables.
- Experience in monitoring MS SQL Server databases and performance tuning using Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for optimal Performance.
- Proficiency in Developing SSAS Cubes, Aggregation, KPIs, Measures, Partitioning Cube, Data Mining Models, and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Well versed in Using MDX (Multi-Dimensional Expressions) Queries to retrieve data from Multi-dimensional SSAS Cubes.
- Created Dimension types such as Standard dimension, Parent-Child dimension and Role Play dimension in SSAS.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports and explored data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Experienced on creating multiple kind of Report in Power BI and present it using Story Points and Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in Power BI like Tabular Reports.
- Extract and analyze data using Power Query, PivotTables, MS Excel, POWER BI .
- Expert in developing impactful reports using Tableau.
- Deploying and scheduling reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, and monthly and Quarterly Reports including status.
- Used SSRS to create customized reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and was also involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports
- Deployed SSRS reports to the reporting server and assisted in troubleshooting deployment problems.
- Created several reports using SSRS like parameterized report, drill through reports, linked and sub reports.
- Hands on Experience in Migrating SQL database to Azure data Lake, Azure data lake Analytics, Azure SQL Database, Data Bricks and Azure SQL Data warehouse and Controlling and granting database access and Migrating On premise databases to Azure Data lake store using Azure Data factory.
- Hands of experience in using SQL in Databricks for data extraction, transformation and aggregation from multiple file formats for analyzing & transforming the data to uncover insights into the customer usage patterns.
Data Warehousing & BI: SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS)
Reporting Tools: SSRS 2017/ 2016/2012/2008 , Crystal Reports XI/X/9/8, Excel, Power BI, Tableau.
Database: MS SQL Server 2018,2016, 2014/2012/2008/2005 , Oracle 10g/9i/8i, PostgreSQL 9.0/9.1, MYSQL, MS-ACCES, MDS.
Programming Language/Tool: C, C++, Visual C++ 6.0, VB6.0, C#.Net, VB.Net, PL/SQL, TSQL, Java, EE, Shell Scripting.
IT Processes: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management
Productivity Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, Visio, SSMS
Application Servers: Windows Vista/NT/XP/98/95, Windows 2003/2000 Server.
Defect tracking tools: JIRA, HP ALM, HP QC, Confluence
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. SQL/ETL Developer
- Prepares performance Dashboard, Jobs Failure stats, Data Volume check using SSRS, SSIS, SQL and Excel and gives PPT presentation near client for this on a daily basis.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements.
- Develop and deploy SSIS packages, configuration files, and schedules job to run the packages to generate data in CSV files.
- Developed Data Source, Data Source View to create a logical view of the data to be placed in OLAP Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) projects.
- Created many calculated columns and measures using DAX in Power BI based on report requirements.
- Involved in Tabular Data Warehouse and DAX operations for SSAS 2012 and 2008 OLAP databases.
- Troubleshooting reports issues, ETL job failures, optimizing query performances.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers.
- Created several cubes, dimensions, and business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Design and implement the ETL processes using SSIS which involves collection of data from sources like SQL Server 2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016/2018.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes and good experience in SSAS.
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in Power BI like Tabular Reports.
- Explore data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, PL SQL, DAX, OLAP and OLTP.
- Developed impactful reports using SSRS, MS Excel, Pivot tables and Tableau to solve the business requirements.
- Used Indexing strategies and query optimization techniques to optimize Stored Procedures and long running queries.
- Extract Transform and Load data from Sources Systems to Azure Data Storage services using a combination of Azure Data Factory, T-SQL, Spark SQL. Data Ingestion to one or more Azure Services - (Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage, Azure SQL, Azure DW) and processing the data in Azure Databricks.
- Created Pipelines in ADF using Linked Services/Datasets/Pipeline/ to Extract, Transform, and load data from different sources like Azure SQL, Blob storage, Azure SQL Data warehouse, write-back tool and backwards.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R2, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DAX, Agile, C#.NET, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Excel, Windows 8, Microsoft Azure.
Sr. SQL Server/ BI Developer
- As a member of BI reporting team my main responsibility is to work with the project controls team to enhance an existing Microsoft Tabular Cube designed for reporting of Invista’s projects data.
- Worked with the customers of the cube to understand reporting requirements, translating those business requirements into technical requirements, and executing development in data warehouse, including a SQL database and SQL Tabular Cube.
- Strongly acquired knowledge and analytical skills of both business processes and applications.
- Actively applied Agile Methodology practices for development of the Microsoft reporting environment.
- Created Physical Model Designs and Logical Model Designs for the Enhancement of projects with estimating time and effort to complete the project.
- Used SSIS package (ETL) to transform data from MYSQL (RDBMS) data warehouse to SQL server database and to convert data into framework with PK’s, indexes and remove duplicate rows.
- Created SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like Excel, CSV, Flat file, Text formatted data by using different transformations present in SSIS such as Merge, Conditional Split, Union all, Script task, OLE DB command, data conversion, Look-Up, Transformation and more.
- Worked on OLAP Data warehouse, Model, Design, and Implementation.
- Good Experience in Partitioning SSAS cubes based on the cube structure, schema and data sets and writing Stored Procedures to process the cubes on daily bases to reduce the processing time.
- Extensively used DAX for Tabular cubes and Power BI based on the complexity of the measure and requirement.
- Handed testing on the cube and reports been generated using Power BI.
- Created Stored Procedure, functions, indexes (Clustered, Non-Clustered), tables, semantic views and SQL joins utilizing latest DML and DDL syntax.
- Operated performance tuning on the tables and Semantic views which take more time to query the results by creating indexes on the fact tables.
- Extensively Worked on cursors, CTE’s, Schemas, Permissions Performance issues with Client and Server-side database design.
- Implementing Security roles on SSAS cubes and Power BI services by implementing authentication and authorization methods.
- Scheduling the SQL Server Agent Jobs and monitoring the scheduled jobs daily, where most of the jobs loads data into staging tables and process SSAS cubes.
- Handed deploying SSIS packages, SQL scripts, SSAS cubes into Production environment and supporting them for any new enhancements or big fixes.
- Proficiency in using Source Control in TFS (Team Foundation Server), creating user stories tasks and keeping the Source control updated with updated codes of DB scripts, SSIS packages, SSAS cubes.
- Good knowledge on how the data flow from SAP to HANA and HANA to SQL Server, as SAP is the data source for most of the data in the co-operation.
- Hands on experience with BODS (ETL) to transform and Load data from HANA to SQL Server and Used to refer the HANA views to look for the source code and logic for the columns in SQL tables.
- Configured Check Points, Break Points, Event handlers and Logging to SSIS packages.
- Acquired knowledge on the Data sources SAP ERP system and an EcoSys PPM environment.
- Worked with the team which uses Python Scripts to load data from EcoSys API’s to SQL tables. Where I used to help them in testing their code by comparing the data in EcoSys PPM Data source and SQL tables.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R2, Visual Studios 2017/ 2015 Shell/ 2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DAX, MDAX, Agile, C#.NET, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013/ 2018, MS Excel, Excess, Windows 8/10, SAP, HANA STUDIO, EcoSys PPM.