- BI Lead/Senior Dev with 10+ years’ experience in designing Microsoft Business Reports using SSRS.
- Specialize in using Microsoft BI tools like SSAS, SSIS, SSRS (Microsoft Reporting Services).
- Handle team of Vendors/developers who develop BI solution for a law firm.
- Act as a Business Liaisons between Business and Technology teams and vendors.
- Gather requirements from business users in Finance, HR and Marketing. Understanding the requirement, proposing solutions to them.
- Instructing vendors/developers to build reports as per the requirements. Guiding developers in complex report development.
- Helping business with automated scheduling and caching of reports.
- Building various kinds of reports like drill through, sub reports, bar and pie charts and creating various kinds of subscriptions like scheduled, data driven, event driven etc.
- Providing ad hoc reporting for Business/Finance users.
- Gather reporting requirements from Finance, Marketing, HR, Knowledge and Architecture teams.
- Suggest various solutions in implementing their reporting needs.
- Provide instructions/specs to vendors/developers for reports development.
- Help developers with complex reports.
- Helping/suggesting business with automation of reports.
- Creating various data driven subscriptions for automation of reports.
- Helped architecture team by creating audit reports between various systems to ensure data is in sync with all systems.
- Created Reconciliation report for business users to ensure data reconcile data pulled form source system into BWBI environment on daily basis.
BI Lead/Senior Developer
- Making sure data is collected from various stores overnight into Datamart.
- Monitoring SSIS packages and data loading scripts.
- Ensure errors for data load are reported to business users for Data correction.
- Analyze user requirement for reporting.
- Create reports using Microsoft SSRS 2008.
- Run ad hoc queries and produce one time reports for Business/Finance users as per their requirement.
- Tune the loading scripts to ensure faster data load by creating appropriate indexes.
- Take care of purging/archiving of old data