- Around 12+ years of extensive IT industry experience in Data warehousing experience using Cognos 10.x/8.x/7.x, Tableau 9.0, Business Objects XI 4/R3/R2, Designer, Crystal Reports XI/2008, Web Intelligence, SSIS, SSRS and Actuate Reporting 8.x/7.x
- Expert in the development of Universe, Framework manager Model, Packages and reports using Cognos 10.x/8.x/7.x and ReportNet 1.02/1.1 with Framework Manager, Report Studio, Business Insight, Workspace Advanced, Power Play, Cognos Connection, Business Objects(Designer, BODS, Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports) and MS - SSIS.
- Experience in Installation and configuration, Creation of repositories and security domain with user groups and security implementation.
- Strong design and programming technical skills, ability to learn new emerging technologies and adapt quickly.
- Well-versed in developing reporting applications using Cognos Business Intelligence components like Framework Manager, Report Studio, Business Insight, Workspace, Business Insight Advanced, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Cognos Connection.
- Experience in Creation of Models, Project and Publishing Packages using Framework Manager.
- Good working and practical knowledge in all aspects of SDLC such as requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation & maintenance of Projects
- Extensive experience in analysis to design the Universes and Business Objects Reports to support the user requirements.
- Created, developed and deployed SSIS packages.
- Created complex views to overcome loops and contexts. Used aggregate awareness in universes and Created Reports employing functionality like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, Functions, Formulae etc.,
- Good grasp of Decision Support Systems and data warehousing concepts and exposure to Data Mining methodologies and tools.
- Involved in testing universes and reports for correct mapping of the objects and data correctness. Did performance tuning for efficient report generation.
- Proven problem solving skills with excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Experience in building multidimensional models and creating Power Cubes for distribution using Power Play Transformer.
- Experience on Conditional Formatting using Filters, Report Bursting using Schedulers with the help of ReportNet.
- Excellent understanding of data marts and multi-dimensional models like Star and Snowflakes-Schema Modeling.
- Extensive experience on Transformer Models for corporate data for building Multidimensional Cubes.
- Expertise is in the area software design and programming of Client/Server and Web applications using ASP.
- Experience in coding using SQL, PL/SQL, and Procedures/Functions.
- Worked on different Databases like Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access
- Possessing good understanding of business procedures, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated team player with an ability to work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- In-Depth industry experience in Telecom, Banking, Financial Services and Insurance.
Products Tools: Cognos 10.x/8.x (Framework Manager, Business Insight, Business Insight Advanced, Report Studio, Analysis Studio), Tableau 9.x/8.x, BusinessObjects XI R4/R3/R2, Designer, Crystal Reports XI/2008, Web Intelligence, SAP BOData Services 3.0/4.0, Cognos 10.x/8.x/7.x, QlikView 11, MSBI (SSIS, SSRS),NOtA and Actuate Reporting 8.x/7.x
Applications: Java Script, XML, HTML 4.0, ASP
Application Servers: IIS 4.x/5.x/6.x, Apache, Weblogic
Software: Business Objects XI R3/R2, Designer, Crystal Reports XI/2008, WEBI, Cognos 10.x/8.x/7.x, Cognos PowerPlay Transformer, Impromptu 7.x/6.x, QlikView 11, SSIS, SSRS, Actuate Reporting 8.x/7.x and Tableau 8.x
Languages: Java, C++, C, SQL, PL/SQL
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8.x, MS-SQL Server 2005/2008 R2, DB2, Netezza and MS Access.
CRM Tools: Siebel 6.x/7.x
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/2003/7, UNIX
Confidential, Houston, TX
IT Development Analyst
- Involved in Analysis and Design of the requirements specification provided by the clients.
- Built Framework Manager Model, and established the cardinalities to suit the business needs and also to enhance the existing Models.
- Developed and Published Packages in Framework Manager - Connecting and testing the data source, created database view and presentation view, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects.
- Created folders, standalone filters, prompts, business calculations and applied Data security using Framework Manager Model.
- Worked with Transformer to create models by using IQD as data source.
- Defined dimensions, levels, measures and calculated members.
- Implemented multiple Time dimensions, Regular dimensions, Calculated Columns, Measures, Calculated Dimensions, Levels, and Manual Levels.
- Generated OLAP Cubes in Cognos Transformer and analyzed the data using Cognos Analysis Studio.
- Extensively used prompts, master-detail query relationships, and summaries, conditional formats, grouping and sorting features of Report Studio to generate efficient and user-friendly reports.
- Created User Classes, Restricting the user access with the help of User Class Privileges.
- Created complex reports using report studio with calculated columns and conditional formatting.
- Designed Complex Dash board reports with multiple tabs and used global filters for dynamic filtering of the data.
- Designed Active reports using various types of objects and also designed Dash Board Reports using Business Insight.
- Involved in unit testing of the reports on verifying the correctness of report data with the data from the back end.
- Monitor and support production issues and resolved them within the deadline based upon severity.
- Enhancing the existing reports as per the new requirement.
- Developed Dashboard reports using Tableau Desktop 9.x.
- Hands on experience in developing & publishing dashboards to Tableau Server.
- Installed and configured the whole Cognos suite In Development, UAT and Production environments.
- Involved in Analysis and Design of the requirements specification provided by Client and prepared data mapping documents.
- Worked on Cognos10 framework manager to import metadata from multiple data sources and to create subject oriented business models, create and publish packages to Cognos 8 server.
- Used Cognos Connection as Web Portal for managing reports.
- Creation of Complex Multi-Object Report Studio Reports using Lists, Crosstabs.
- Used Cognos 10Report Studio to create Professional Reports &Query Studio to create Ad-hoc Reports.
- Involved in forming joins, Segregating Tables in Folders according to reporting needs of users.
- Hands on experience in using various query components of Report Studio including Join and Union .
- Created various Prompts and Cascading of Prompt pages, Filters, Calculations and used Conditional Formatting accordingly.
- Worked in designing complex reports in Report Studio.
- Create processes for new system and attend to ad-hoc issues related to day to day activities throughout project implementation and testing phases.
- Schedule, Monitor and Control Access of users by creating groups using Cognos Connection.
- Implemented Drill Through and Prompts for better utilization of reports.
- Creation of complex Report Studio reports using Conditional Blocks and Conditional Layout.