- Senior Lead Programmer Analyst with proven career track of leading the design, coding, testing, deployment and support of COBOL software systems.
- Demonstrated technical skill set with expertise in conducting extensive QA testing to identify and resolve issues to ensure system performance and enhanced user experiences.
- Recognized for advanced experience in designing and developing technical solutions that satisfy business requirements for function, performance, security and sustainability.
- Project leadership experience combining background in coordinating 20+ project resources and developing process improvements to support business and client goals. Acquired a G5 security clearance.
Confidential iSeries Developer
- Coordinated and administered software changes using various tools, including COBOL, RPG IV, RPG Freeform, CL, Synon 2E, DDS and DDL, as well as SQL queries to process DB2 databases.
- Utilized a broad range of technologies to complete system setup within an Agile environment; solutions included Cisco Connect, Access Client Solutions, Rational Developer for iSeries, X - Analysis, Libraries, LMI/Aldon, Team Foundation Server, Confluence and Vista applications.
- Administered and configured system, ensuring alignment with client’s business requirements and daily/annual loan processing volume.
- Conducted system testing to identify bugs and ensure optimal performance post-setup.
Senior COBOL Programmer/Analyst
- Provided 24/7 support for various critical systems, including mutual funds, networking, transfer of assets, cost basis, ACATS, memo seg and compliance systems.
- Utilized DDS, CL and SQL queries to process DB2 databases.
- Selected to lead a critical project with a very strict 10-week deadline, which focused on bringing system to regulatory compliance to prevent a significant fine.
- Provided leadership and supervision to a project team of 20 resources, delegating project tasks to ensure on-time completion. Restructured the project plan according to specification changes, conducted system analysis and facilitated project meetings to discuss roadblocks and communicate project status.
- Contributed to the onboarding of a key client that was initially concerned with the timeliness of internal processes; recommended and led the restructuring of various programs and introduced additional cycle, enabling an expedited transaction processing time that met client’s expectations. Signed the client, bringing in a large portfolio in assets.
- Introduced an enhanced testing process to ensure that all system bugs and issues were identified and resolved prior to hand-off to Quality Assurance (QA) team. Received recognition for efforts and diligence.
Lead COBOL Programmer/Analyst
- Supported numerous critical systems, including automated option expiration, annuities, mutual funds, networking, cage, ACATS and portfolio systems.
- Utilized DDL, JCL and ENFORM queries to process Enscribe databases.
- Restored trust from client that was at-risk of terminating their contract due to system not meeting their performance expectations. Introduced system enhancements and resolved key issues, securing contract renewal.
- Partnered with business team to introduce improvements to a new system that was unreliable and inconsistent; implemented new system functionalities and resolved bugs to bring system to business standards prior to deployment to ensure user satisfaction.
- Created FIXML structured files using NMCOBOL.
- Provided training, coaching and mentoring for junior resources during various projects to ensure project completion within schedule and client expectations.
- Developed and executed test scenarios and test cases for testing procedures to drive deployment success.
- Executed numerous system development projects with a consistent record of meeting requirements on-time, within budget and according to QA and compliance standards.