- CSM certified Business/Data Analyst with 18+ years of IT experience with expertise in Business/ System Analysis, Data Analysis/Conversion, Business Process Engineering, Functional Testing (UAT), and Project Management work in Secondary Mortgage, Banking, Healthcare and Financial companies.
- Worked as Lead Business Analyst/Data Analyst/SME as consultant for more than 10+ years on multiple strategic initiatives projects across various domains in areas on Financial data accounting/Reporting, COTS implementation, Web portals, Data Warehouse/Mart hosting.
- Aware of Cloud hosting technologies in AWS, particularly various AWS Cloud services. Experience using Athena and RedShift services for data. Currently working in path of getting Cloud Solution Architect certified.
- Adept in gathering requirements from stakeholders, conducting requirements sessions, System analysis, Data mapping/Analysis/Quality, Reverse engineering, UAT, Release planning UI wireframe and project management.
- Well versed in various methods of software development like Agile - Scrum, Kanban and traditional Waterfall/ RUP SDLC process for software delivery.
- Experienced in writing User stories, identifying epics, defining acceptance criteria in agile scrum process. Worked closely with Product Owners and substituted Scrum Master in various occasions in delivering high quality working product using Agile methodology.
- Delivered precise functional and non functional specifications that include Business requirements document (BRD, BPD), Functional requirement document (FRD), Use cases Interface specifications, Data mapping(STTM), Data models, Enterprise Data definitions and User guides etc.
- Expert in understanding and implementing FASB/GAAP (Financial accounting standard board) accounting guidelines, implemented audit and SOX controls for financial applications.
- Led User /Functional testing (UAT) experience with focus on creation of test plan, test cases, test scripts and test procedures based on business requirements in system and UAT phases.
Business Modeling and Requirements Gathering Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Rational Requisite Pro, HP ALM, DOORS, MS Visio, Rational Rose, UML, BPMN, BPMS-Appian.
Change Management and defect tracking Tools: Rational Clear case, Clear Quest, PCM tracker, MS SharePoint, MS Visual Source, Office 365
Databases Language and Tools: Oracle, Red Shift, Sybase, MS Access, TOAD-Data point, SQL workbench, Rapid SQL, SQL PlusOperating Systems Windows, Unix.
Software Languages: HTML, XML, Java, VB, VC++, C, C++, MATLAB, OOAD concepts
Tools: and Packages: ALTERYX data tool, Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite, Business Objects, COGNOS,, MS Project, MS Front page, Humming Bird Exceed, Mercury Quality Center-ALM, JIRA-Xray
Sr. Business /Data Analyst
- Analyze data between Target state (MF DVH, RAD) and Legacy data warehouse system for various attributed and help consumer to transition to Legacy to target state MF data warehouse.
- Used Alteryx data tool to construct detailed work flows to do data analysis, UAT and data reporting for various efforts in MF data adoption.
- Wrote use stories for new data hydration in Target state system working with data governance, Data modeling and product manager group.
- Wrote advance level user stories and epics to either correct or hydrate data in target state system. Worked with Product owners, Scrum Masters and team in successful implementation of data user stories.
- Actively engaged with Product managers to defining requirements for PIP session in scaled agile process and worked with scrum master and scrum team in user stories intake process.
- Actively engaged in identifying and rectifying issue in data quality process, performed UAT in target state, performed Consumer engagement sessions and reviews.
- Supported consumers like Financial disclosure, MF credit works, Enterprise Risk Management on MF data adoption. Aware of data used for reporting needs that supports MLIS report, Housing Goals, Credit Risk Transfer, Pipeline reports and Credit Notification reports.
- Well versed in Agile Scrum, Kanban and Scale agile project implementation in MF data projects.
- Lead team members comprised of business analyst and UAT testers in Agile environment and delivered successful product to production for various releases.
- Worked with Product owners, stakeholders to understand data and functional requirements and successfully did product demo in Agile releases.
- Worked on initiative for Relational Data Warehouse (RDW) retirement to switch Enterprise data; creating data mapping, verified data integrity /quality and was involved in modeling new tables in financial applications adhering to Enterprise standard.
- Created user story, task, acceptance criteria as defined by PO’s and ensured continuous improvement of product performing proxy PO role.
- Acted as SME in the area and was involved/executed in application Data conversion, system design, User acceptance testing, project planning and other application management/reporting tasks.
- Involved in creating data mapping (STTM) and data analysis, historical data conversion, providing data quality rules as part of this migration effort.
- Managed Data analyst/UAT resources across various loan accounting applications and oversaw functional testing/ did project management for these application for adoption of new EDI/MF DM data ware house used for accounting/financial disclosures and facilitate retirement of existing ADW data warehouse.
- Created and management weekly reports, worked various interfacing systems impact analysis and worked with various interfacing partner in managing integrated UAT test efforts.
Sr. Business Systems/Data Analyst
- As lead Data analyst created reporting solution specification for web reports as well electronic batch reports. Created data mapping specification (STTM) for various PSAT, SAT assessment reports.
- Converted data from existing warehouse in to reporting Data mart to support various student and web portal reports that were housed in AWS cloud platform. Business Workflow of process was managed in Appian BPMS, triggered various user and system reporting triggers.
- Worked on data exchanged that involved in XML crating XML specification and Schema definitions developed for student score reporting.
- Also worked as requirement analyst in developing user stories for web portal and batch requirements for Student Reporting using Agile Scrum methodology.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked as Lead/ Sr. Requirement Analyst to elicit requirements from business/accounting team, Created business /Functional requirement document, business process diagrams and analyzed gaps from as-is to to-be system.
- Worked with application architect to create solution specification document for enhanced system by identifying external data feeds, create new data tables for new processes and redesigning of existing ETL process and assisted UAT effort for entire project.
- Performed the role of system and test analyst for the EUC system. Analyzed production data sources (i.e. data warehouse, application feeds) to provide business and data requirements enhancement.
- Provided input to create logical and physical data models and define data mart needs for reporting environment.
- The projects involved writing system use cases, data mapping, developing UAT test cases, create acceptance test strategy and support post production work.
- Develop system impact analysis of all integrating system to loan accounting platform.
- Create integrated test plan, develop test strategy and create interface and solution specifications.
- Project involves analyzing requirements and data needs for upgrade and support Data migration/UAT.
- Worked with COTS vendor on integrated test plan, develop test strategy and create interface and solution specifications and coordination.
Sr. Business Analyst/Information Analyst
- Worked on gathering new business/data requirements related to ACBS product upgrade. Documented current state as-is system process related to affected systems.
- Developing data requirements for ACBS from Idesk application. Assisted in developing to new Work desk web portal system that supports ACBS.
- Gathered new business requirements for IQMR reporting system. Developed data mapping for from source systems such as DWH, Risk, and Cost management to IQMR.
- Supported code development and performed system testing for the application. Developed user guide/application manual and application demos for the business group
- Developed a cash reconciliation end user system in MS access using VBA code with UI to support account reconciliation between ACBS (serving system), Cash Management and SAP (accounting) system. Worked as requirement analyst to elicit requirements from business/accounting team, Created business /Functional requirement document, Supported code development, created data mapping and performed system testing for the application.
Sr. Business Systems/Data Analyst
- Performed extensive work as analyst and project coordinator in RFP (Request for Proposal) process to procure LLF COTS product. Created use cases (BUC) /user stories in agile environment to support LLF system business functionality.
- Closely worked with Project manager in performing essential tasks for RFP that includes creating RFP scorecard, conducting supplier demos, GAP analysis and created comparative cost proposal.
- Socialized with internal groups such as Application architecture, IT operations, Procurement, IT diligence teams in bringing COTS product in house.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed new use cases and updated existing use cases, developed business process diagrams, and use case activity diagrams for system enhancement.
- Played a key role in aiding with architect & design team to build an updated system.
- Identified sources for data mapping and authored data transformation requirements.
- Acted as a project management person status meeting on requirement and testing phases of SDLC. Performed UAT testing, developed SQL scripts for functional validation.