- Over 13+ year of IT experience in BI (Power BI, MSBI, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS) and SQL Server Azure/2016/2014.
- Working experience on various business domain like healthcare, insurance, banking, entertainment, and retail.
- Experience in Industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) using Waterfall, Agile models using Scrum methodology involving in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of MSBI solutions.
- Broad experience in various Agile Ceremonies (Product Backlog, Epis, Feature Walk, User Story Prioritization, Sprint Backlog, Sprint Points, Daily Scrums, Sprint Velocity, Burndown chart, Burnup chart, JAD Sessions, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective).
- Having hands on experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud applications, includes Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Azure Datawarehouse, Azure SQL Server, Power BI.
- Expertise in TSQL (DDL, DML AND DCL), developing/creating new database objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Joins, Complex stored procedures, function (UDF), cursors, and triggers, locking issues, BCP, common table expressions (CTEs), Backups, Recovery and SQLServer Agent profiler using SQLSERVER 2016/2012 /2008 R2.
- Strong Technical knowledge in SQL Server BI Suites (ETL, Reporting, Analytics, Dashboards) using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and various third - party tools.
- Specialist in Understanding the Technical Specification and creating and modifying the SSIS packages according to the Business requirements. Experienced working with Database Architecture for Design and Development of Data models and Data warehouse
- Adept in building customized interactive reports and Dashboards using MicroStrategy, Tableau, SSRS and Power BI.
- Experience in Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes MDX & Tabular, Building the Dimensions, Deploying, Processing SSAS objects, Cubes with Snowflake Schemas and Star Schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Proficient in developing OLAP cubes using SSAS measures, measure groups and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services using Dynamic Analysis expression (DAX), mathematical formulae, and user-defined functions.
- Expertise in Normalization, Performance Tuning, Development Life Cycle source control and ticketing systems and Version Control tools while Design and Development of Data warehouse.
- Competence in creating Perspectives, Partitions and Design Aggregations in cubes using SSAS. Developed the SSAS 2012 Tabular model reports from Data warehouse using SSDT.
- Experience in developing SSIS packages for data migration between different heterogeneous sources such as flat file, excel, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MS access
- Good knowledge in developing several Details, Summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub-reports per business requirements using SSRS.
- Created reports such as Parameterized, Cascading, drill through/Drill down Reports, Charts and specialized in producing Sub Reports using Relational data warehouse and OLAP Cubes.
- Used recently introduced Power BI to create self-service BI capabilities and use tabular models.
- Configured Check Points, Break points, Event Handlers and Logging to the SSIS packages.
- Worked on change requests, identifying the defects and working on resolution, processing on SSIS Packages.
- Generated Calculated Columns and Measures in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement using DAX queries.
- Accountable for building reports in Power BI from the Scratch and Responsible for creating and changing the visualizations in Power BI reports and Dashboards on client requests.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis using SSRS.
- Extensive knowledge in dealing with RDBMS including E/R Diagrams, Normalization, Constraints, Joins, Keys and Data Import/Export.
- Decrease points on MDX, keep more on SSAS Tabular model with Power BI.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, Scrum
Data Warehousing: SQL Server Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS), Data stage.
Reporting Tools: Power BI, SSRS 2016/2014, Excel, Tableau.
Database: Azure SQL Server, MS SQL Server 2016/2014, Oracle, DB2, Teradata.
Azure: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, Power BI, Azure Data Lake
Programming: Python, C#, TSQL.
Application Servers: Microsoft IIS 6.0/5.0/4.0, Apache.
Operating System: Windows 2016, LINUX. UNIX
Confidential - Richmond, VA
SQL / Sr. Power BI Developer
- Collected and understand new business and functional requirement from stake holders, customers, and end users.
- Worked on requirement analysis, design, development, testing, and customization of the application and implementing functional requirements for the project.
- Develop requirements and specifications in coordination with DBA team and Confidential Architects for data marts and data warehouses to support clinical and business analytics.
- Grasped the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameters using Power BI .
- Converted existing BO reports to Power BI dashboard
- Work with management, strategic planning & analysis staff and end-users to create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers and create automated workflows.
- Responsible for performing SQL development and SSIS /SSAS/SSRS development
- Developed Power BI data visualization using Azure, SQL, Excel and created Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts, Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Generated functional and technical documentation including as-built documents, dashboard design specifications, operating manuals, release notes, and security requirements for reports generated and maintained.
- Writes data retrieval programs to import, extract, transfer, and load (ETL) data from heterogeneous data sources throughout the organization to support ad-hoc reporting.
- Configured SSIS jobs to automate report generation.
- Worked on Azure Data Factory to load Azure SQL Data Warehouses for analytics and reporting.
- Experienced in designing complex reports including sub reports and formulas with complex logic using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designs, develops and supports self-service reporting options such as building tabular data models.
- Designed and implemented SSAS Tabular Cube as the analytic layer.
- Provided support for Issues arise after implementation.
- Work with other developers to facilitated creation of high performing data centric components and applications.
- Work with users to complete the user acceptance test on time and fix all the critical bugs within fixed timeline.
- Provided production support to Power BI users and wrote custom SQL to support business requirements.
Environment: MS SQL Server Azure/2016, TSQL, Azur data factory, Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, Scrum, GIT.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Power BI Developer/ETL
- Organized, Scheduled meetings with business users to understand, document the purpose, goal and objectives of the report/extract request.
- Manages the analysis, design, development and implementation of systems and processes to increase productivity and minimize costs.
- Collaborates with Walgreen departments to review and define new programs impacting the department to ensure compliance to Walgreen’s policies.
- Imported data from different data source to create Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Developed data visualizations and BI (Business Intelligence) dashboards (including self-service BI for non-technical colleagues) by leveraging software development life cycle for designing new analytical models, data marts, reports, and dashboards.
- Designed ad implemented BI and data analytics solutions with MS technologies (SSIS, SSRS, and Power BI).
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
- Created technical specification document, including the implementation methodologies using tools and technologies such as SQL, Power BI, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Dimensions with the cube wizard and T-SQL programming. Refreshing the cube to get the latest information updated for OLAP databases. Deployment of Cubes to the production server.
- Handled SQL Server and SSIS, SSAS, SSRS . Converted SSRS reports into Power BI visualizations.
- Worked together with business partners to design the automatic data acquisition or data delivery process for the required reporting data using various tools and technologies such as SFTP, Control-M, Batch scripts, SSIS and SQL Server Database.
- Engaged in creating dynamic well-organized, accurate and insightful Power BI reports/dashboards to support strategic decisions.
- Created reports like Drill-Down, Drill-Through, Chart, Sub Reports Bar charts, Line charts, Pie charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Supported and developed DataStage jobs to load respective Dimensions and Fact tables.
- Designed and build scalable/reusable data models and ETL (Extract Transform Load) processes to support analysis and reporting on platforms like Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, performing routine maintenance, and address special requests.
- Coordinated cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Mentored less experienced members of the team.
- Assisted in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Environment: Power BI, MS SQL Server 2014, TSQL, Net, Visual Studio, SSRS, SSIS
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SQL Server/ Business Intelligence / ETL Developer
- Built, supported the Development Team, ensuring capacity and skillsets are aligned to meet ongoing delivery expectations.
- Engaged in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Created, maintained, and reviewed application designs in collaboration with Solution Architects and shared services Teams, ensuring alignment to the appropriate solution architectures and taking tradeoffs into account.
- Worked with Business Analysts in gathering requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Reviewed functional and non-functional requirements and ensures success criteria is clearly outlined.
- Developed Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, T-SQL Scripting for complex business logic.
- Used inner, left, right and outer Joins, CTE's, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables from different databases and implemented triggers and Stored Procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Produced Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2012/2008.
- Built and deployed SSIS packages for ETL from OLTP and various sources to staging and staging to Data warehouse using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term, Slowly Changing Dimension and more. Performed ETL mappings using MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views source control and ticketing systems.
- Enhanced the performance necessary for statistical reporting after performance monitoring, tuning and optimizing indexes.
- Produced SSIS packages for Uploading of different formats of files (Excel, Access, PDF) and databases (SQL server, Flat files) into the SQL Server data warehouse using SSIS.
- Created Jobs in SSIS and was responsible for ETL job scheduled to run daily. Solved the issues associated with ETL Data Warehouse Failure.
- Extracted large volumes of data from various data sources and loaded the data into target data sources by performing various kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
- Developed SSAS MDX & Tabular OLAP Cubes and Partitioning Cubes.
- Wrote MDX queries to retrieve data from OLAP (SSAS) cubes.
- Using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Created jobs for automatically running Stored Procedures for day-end operations using SQL Server agent such as index rebuild, data loads and summary reports.
- Engaged in Performance Tuning of Code using execution plan and SQL profiler and added Indexes to improve performance on tables.
- Generated different types of reports such as Crosstab, Drill-down, Drill Through, OLAP and formatting them using both SSRS.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Designed SSRS reports with dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, TSQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, MDX, OLAP, Visual Studio.