- More than 3 years of experience in MS SQL Server suite of products like SSIS and SSRS of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2010.
- Experienced in creating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services sourcing OLAP cubes and data warehouse database.
- Proficient in creating and designing the report layout, sorting the data, defining subtotals and generated Reports like parameterized reports, drill down reports using SSRS 2005/2008.
- Excellent knowledge in developing Micro Strategy reports and troubleshooting issues.
- Experienced in formatting the SQL Server Reports and in creating configuration files, error handling, and logging in SSIS and in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduled DTS Packages.
- Experienced in working with SAP data migration using SQL.
- Data warehousing and analysis skills: ETL tools, MDX, OLAP (MOLAP, HOLAP, and ROLAP), dimensional modeling, star schema and snowflake schema.
- Excellent knowledge in maintenance of existing reports and in optimizing report performance.
- Developed, implemented and documented DTS, SSIS packages to production server.
- Expertise in performance tuning and troubleshooting on database objects.
- Very good in developing practical solutions to business issues to support/satisfy client requirements using different utilities of C#.
- Expert in development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large - scale Data Warehouses using Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS with MS SQL 2008/2010.
- Experienced in working with different data sources like OLE-DB, flat files and Excel to source data in SSIS.
- Very good knowledge in defining different terms of retail instruments.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and capability of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , MS SSIS 2008/2010
- MS SSRS 2008/2010, DTS,MS Visio 2003/2010,MS Office
- C, C#, ERWIN, HTML, XML, Crystal Report, SAP, Micro Strategy.
Confidential, New York City, NY
BI Developer-SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Gathered Requirements from the end user and created the structure of the schema and data for database tables.
- Designed ER diagrams and mapped the data into database objects and performed normalization of the database in OLTP.
- Wrote Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Constraints and rules on database objects.
- Created database tables, wrote queries to update and clean the old data and also helped the front end application developers with their queries.
- Used database consistency checks using DBCC utilities and fixing performance issues by indexing, query optimization, etc.
- Served as technical expert in guiding choices to implement reporting solutions for client.
- Automated monitoring all the daily failed jobs in all the servers using system database, SSIS and SQL mail.
- Involved in daily maintenance of SQL servers and scheduled jobs and alerting using SQL server agent.
- Worked in SAP data migration team to bring in all data from SAP to Data Warehouse.
- Very good knowledge of Xtractors to bring in data from SAP to Data Warehouse.
- Created and rebuilt multi-dimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Reviewed Cube with end user and changed the cube and documented according to new updates.
- Implemented approved design patterns with the use of C#.
- Tested the code changes in C# Language.
- Supported data services .Net Apps for Master Data, Quality, Planning, Market Order, International/Domestic Sales, Finance, and Merchandise etc.
- Very good experience in bringing in data from different source to data warehouse for SAP.
- Generated reports using Global Expressions and Functions that could be used to send information to different primary vendors, clients, and managers.
- Created stylish Report Layouts and Deployed the Reports using SSRS.
- Created SSIS Packages for extracting data from Excel and Text file, transforming and loading to SQL Server 2008.
- Transferred data from various sources like MS Excel, MS Access, and SQL Server using SSIS.
- Created and maintained reports using SSRS.
- Used config files in SSIS to ease the process of moving the packages across servers.
- Involved in table and index partitioning for performance improvement and manageability and identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues to ensure database optimization.
- Involved in data quality project.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2010/2012, MS SQL Server Reporting Service, MS SQL Server Analysis Services, MS SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL, C#.NET, ADO.NET, MS Visio, Visual Studio, MicroStrategy.