- Over 5 years of IT experience in Database Development, Administration, Data Analysis, System Analysis, Design, Development and Support of MS SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 in Production, Testing and Development.
- Extensive experience in interacting with business users, gathering requirements, data analysis, data mapping, gap analysis and documentation.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile / Scrum and Project Management Methodologies. Extensively involved through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from initial planning through implementation of the projects.
- Experience writing Complex T - SQL Stored Procedure and constructing Tables, Triggers, user functions, Views, Indexes, Relational data models and data integrity, SQL joins and writing Sub Queries.
- Well versed in designing highly flexible Database Architectures and Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Table Normalization, performance tuning and optimization of SQL scripts and SQL queries.
- Expertise in creating and managing Package Configurations, Logging system, Package deployment and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Expertise in Merging data from various Heterogeneous sources, Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Strong knowledge in designing Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data flows using creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and Data Migration and Transformation from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets using SQL Server SSIS.
- Experience in DTS Migration and Metadata Management: Migrating DTS packages to Package Migration Wizard, and Storage Management using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Expert in creating various types of reports like complex drill down reports & drill through reports, Matrix reports, sub reports and charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on Relational and OLAP databases.
- Experience in cubes construction based on data volumes mostly adhering to Star Schema using strong knowledge of Data Warehousing, Star Schema, Fact and Dimension Tables. Some knowledge on using ERWIN to design Normalized and De-Normalized Data Models.
- Good Knowledge in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012/2008R2/2008/2005). Used SSAS Cubes as data source for Reports Development.
- Solid knowledge in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Dashboard, Scorecards, Report on SSAS Cube using MDX, Drill-down and Drill-through reports using SSRS.
- Proficient in developing all types (Tabular, Matrix, List, Drill-Down, Drill-Through, Sub-Reports, and Chart Reports) of Complex Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledge on Microsoft Power BI to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required.
- Excellent communication skills with capability to form and maintain positive and productive working environment as an individual or a team player.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/10
Technologies: Microsoft Business Intelligence, SharePoint
Language: C#.Net, Asp.Net
Databases: SQL Server 2008 R2/2014/2016, T-SQL, Oracle
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica
Reporting Tool: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Tableau
Analysis Tool: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Others: MS Office Suite, GitHub, Microsoft Teams
- Created Database objects - Tables, Views, Functions and developing procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Performed query plans and making sure each query is using appropriate useful Indexes.
- Well versed on Creating and Modifying T-SQL Stored Procedures/Triggers for validating the integrity.
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Deployed the created SSIS packages in Development and Testing environments.
- Created Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Tables, Indexes, Views, SQL joins and T-SQL Queries, Created Primary and Foreign Constraints, Unique constraints, check constraints, Indexes, Analytic functions, Partitions, Cursors etc., and Views in Development and Production environment in SQL.
- Created Non-clustered indexes to improve query performance and query optimization.
- Maintained and managed database/stored procedures using SQL server tools like Performance Tuner and SQL Profiler.
- Extract data from Flat and Excel files and loaded to SQL Server database using Bulk Insert.
- Generated packages using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component etc.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Created Cubes with Dimensions and Facts and calculated measures and dimension members using Multidimensional expression (MDX).
- Created SSIS packages to load data into Data Warehouse using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task.
- Developed ETL jobs to load information into Data Warehouse from different relational databases and flat files.
- Developing and maintaining ETL jobs for the Data Warehouse using SQL Server Agent.
- Involved in a team to develop tabular, matrix, chart, Drill-down, parameterized and cascading reports (SSRS). Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Custom/Conditional formatting reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experienced on publishing Power BI reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for upcoming data in power BI server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SQL BI Suite (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS), XML, MS Office 2010 (Excel, Access), SQL Profiler, Windows XP,7,10, TFS 2010.
- Involved in design of scalable, reusable, and low maintenance SSIS templates.
- Build efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transforms such as Lookup, Fuzzy grouping and Row Count Transformations and type 1 and type 2 slowly changing dimensions.
- Created SSIS packages for application that would transfer data among servers and perform other data transformations.
- Scheduled SSIS packages by creating the jobs.
- Generated city wise, region wise reports using global variables, expressions and functions using SSRS.
- Created Scorecards and added them to dashboard using Dashboard Designer and deployed the dashboard to SharePoint.
- Generated parameterized reports to enable/disable the parameters based on user selection in SSRS.
- Worked on performance tuning, writing stored procedures and creating indexes.
- Implemented complex stored procedures and automated them using SQL Server Agent.
- Used SQL Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improving performance and availability.
- Created SSIS packages for ETL flow to validate, extract, transform and load data into database. Involved in performing migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Involved in ETL architecture enhancements to increase the performance using query optimizer.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation. Configured the loading of data into slowly changing dimensions using Slowly Changing Dimension wizard.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages and user Defined Functions for giving Scores and views for the application. Generated reports from SSRS and SSAS.
- Created SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and EXCEL files and Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic mails.
- Configured Connection Manager files for SSIS packages to dynamically execute on QA server and Production server.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and created clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2005 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio ( SSIS, SSRS),TSQL,C#, .Net framework, XML, Power BI, Windows Server 2003
- Participated in the analysis, design, implementation and deployment of full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) of the project.
- Coordinated with the front-end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Created database objects like tables views, materialized views, procedures and packages using tools like SQL Developer.
- Created SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in SQL objects for improving the performing.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Worked extensively in various kinds of queries, Sub- Queries, Correlated Sub-Queries, Dynamic SQL, and Union Queries.
- Developed procedures for validation and error reporting on the data in the intermediate tables as well as created user defined Exceptions while handling exceptions.
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, Teradata, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat files, CSV files into SQL Server 2008.
- Designed and tested (Unit, Integration and Regression) packages to extract, transform and load data using SQL Server integration services (SSIS).
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence container and Conditional split, Data conversion, Derived column and Multi casting.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems.
- Analyzed the business and client need around data extractions and data points.
- Extracted data from MS SQL Server using SQL and related tools in order to perform detailed analysis.
- Detailed data tie outs and correlations related to data migrations between systems.
- Created data dictionary of reports using MS SQL and MS excel.
ENVIRONMENT: Windows Server, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), T-SQL, SSIS, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint), JIRA, Slack.