- 6 years of professional IT experience in design, development, implementation, maintenance in MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2.
- Extensive experience with different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and debugging new and existing client - server based applications).
- Experience in Relational Database Management Systems, Including Normalization, Data Import/Export, Joins, Stored Procedures, Keys, Constraints, Indexes, Triggers, Cursors.
- Extensive experience in Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, and MS SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Proficiency in creating different types of Reports such as Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Summary, Parameterized, Sub reports and formatting them using SSRS.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for performing Data Migration, Extraction, Transformation and Loading using SSIS from Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase and MS Access and designed data conversions from wide variety of source system.
- Experience in Dimensional modeling using Star Schema/Snowflake modeling concepts and Kimball/Inmon strategies. Experience with Physical & logical data modeling using All-Fusion Erwin Data Modeler.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Experience in Error Handling by using event handlers and also provide custom logging for SSIS packages.
- Experience in handling Heterogeneous Data Sources and databases Oracle, TERADATA, IBM DB2 and CSV and XML files using SSIS.
- Experienced on creating multiple kind of Report in Power BI and Tableau and present it using Story Points. Developed BI solutions using Power Query.
- Extensively used Control Flow and Data Flow transformations like Execute SQL Task, FTP Task, Send Mail Task, Conditional Split and Fuzzy Lookup.
- Experience in Deploying reports in various sources like Web browser in XML and PDF formats.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error Handling by using event handlers and custom logging for SSIS Packages.
- Excellent T-SQL programming skills. Expert in writing complex Queries, stored procedures, Triggers, Functions using T-SQL.
- Expertise in using Team Foundation Server (TFS), Tortoise SVN, GIT and Visual Source Safe (VSS) as a tool for repository of codes and version control, branching and merging into production.
- Expert in creating packages, Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Experience in creating Cell Level Security in cubes using SSAS. Experience in Performance Optimization of SSAS cubes.
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, CSS, HTML, XML
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 MS Access
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
ETL Tools: SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS(SQL Server Analysis Services), Import Export Data, Bulk Copy Program (BCP)
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SWIFT Tool, ERWIN, SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SQL Server 2005 Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server, Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS)
Methodologies: Logical and Physical Database Design, UML, Database Design and Normalization, Data Modeling
Cloud: AWS (S3, EC2, Sage Maker)
Other Software: MS Office, SharePoint
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources SQL Server, Flat files etc. and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds o transformations using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Performed operations like Data reconciliation, validation and error handling after Extracting data into SQL Server.
- Experience with SSIS performance tuning using counters, event handling, re-running o failed SSIS packages using checkpoints and scripting with Active-X and VB.Net in SSIS.
- Handling Initial and Delta loads and processing Cubes Star Schema across all environments.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Developed SSIS Reusable Packages to extract data from Multi formatted Flat files, Excel, XML files into Database.
- Scheduled SSIS packages as jobs to run automatically to Process the cube, load data etc.
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports from SQL Server Database OLTP and SQL Server Analysis Services Database OLAP and included various reporting features.
- Designed various SSRS reports using different reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through etc.
- Created various parameterized reports multi value, hidden, default etc. for the required fields using the report designer in order to see the dropdowns in the end report.
- Worked on creating calculated measures that fits business logic, using MDX queries.
- Used various types o report layout options like charts bars, lines, pie etc., images, sub-reports, and hyperlinks to make them more attractive and understandable.
- Developed OLAP cubes using SSAS and calculated the metrics that were revealed in the functional analysis.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling by identifying the fact and dimension tables and design start/snow flake schemas for the Sql Server Analysis services.
- Involved in Administration o SQL server reporting services SSRS.
- Scheduled the reports to refresh and run on daily, weekly and monthly basis in the report manager and SharePoint.
- Designed and documented the entire Architecture of Power BI POC.
- Design and develop new Power BI solutions and migrating reports from SSRS.
- Implemented Power BI gateway to keep Dashboards and reports up-to-date with on-premise data sources.
- Developed custom calculated measures using DAX for various Fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing.
- Played a major role in production support o SSAS cube refresh, SSIS jobs.
- Worked on Key performance Indicators KPIs, design o star schema and snowflake schema in Analysis Services SSAS
- While developing reports from Cubes also used the KPI's for decision making, also implemented Cube Partitions and also debugged data connections, data sources and Data Source Views.
- Prepared the reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, HTML, XML etc.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, Business Intelligence Development studio SSRS/SSAS/SSIS, Power BI, T-SQL, Microsoft Share Point Portal Server
Confidential, Sandy Springs, GA
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Worked with the application developers and provide necessary SQL Scripts using T-SQL.
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables
- Created User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, and Triggers.
- Create reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing the SSAS Tabular via Analysis connector.
- Generate database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) in Report writing according to business requirement using SSRS.
- Design Cubes, Star Schema and Data models for Data Warehousing Applications.
- Develop reports where the data extracted from SSAS cubes in SSRS.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Implemented Error Handling using TRY and CATCH blocks and performance tuning using counters in SSIS
- Developed dashboards using Power BI.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Generate various ad hoc reports using MS Reporting services.
- Created database maintenance plans for the performance of SQL Server including database integrity checks, update database statistics, re-indexing and data backups.
- Created complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Created data loads and Performed Data validations
- Reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Deployed and generated reports on to the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, TFS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Windows 2000/XP, SharePoint server 2007.
Confidential, Goldsboro, NC
- Analyze d business requirements and build logical and physical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data using ER Win.
- Performed forward and reverse engineering for database development and design using ER Win.
- Developed drill down and drill through reports from multi dimensional objects like star schema and using SSRS and performance point server.
- Designed and developed various types of reports using SSRS and rendered them in front end applications like Excel and .Net.
- Designed various MDX queries and multi dimensional OLAP cubes using SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS).
- Designed and developed various Ad-hoc reports using SSRS and report builder 3.0.
- Imported EPIC extracts and EDI files using SSIS and loaded them into SQL Server 2012.
- Designed and created distributed reports in multiple formats such as Excel, PDF, XML, HTML and CSV using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Created new database objects like stored procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Designed various types of reports and deployed them into production server using Microsoft office share point services (MOSS).
- Created various reports for analysis of revenue, claims, customer interactions and shipping data using SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Builder.
- Collaborated with fellow team members through Team Foundation Server for effective project management which includes work issues and track on the update of versions.
- Involved in troubleshooting, enhancing and creating new ones of claims retro report templates.
Environment: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS tabular, SSRS, EPIC, ER Win, Power View, Power Pivot, ADO.Net, XML, VB Script, MS Access, Excel, Share point (MOSS).
SQL Server BI Developer
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Generated packages using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component, etc.
- Created Drill-down, Parameterized and Sub-Reports using RDL and promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Used advanced features of T-SQL in order to design and tune T-SQL to interface with the Database and other applications in the most efficient manner and created stored Procedures for the business logic using T-SQL.
- Providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Used Report Designer as well as Report Builder for report creation using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Responsible for performing T-SQL tuning, multi-tasking and optimizing queries for reports which take longer time in execution with SQL Server.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, ROLAP, Visual Studio, T-SQL.