- Having 10 years of experience in DB Administration, DB Design, DB Development, Data Analysis and Production Support for Multiple System Large Scale Databases.
- Installation and Configuration of PostgreSQL Enterprise on Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Hands on experience in cron - job/window task scheduler by scheduling Shell scripts or batch file.
- Experience in writing complex SQL scripts, shell scripts, batch scripts
- Expertise in DB Programming/ Development using PL/SQL for common objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Packages, Cursor, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Sequences, Synonyms, Directories, Analytical and Aggregate functions along with usage of Global temporary table.
- Performed SQL Query tuning and Indexing
- Database code/data migration from Oracle to Postgres Plus Advance Server.
- Co-ordinate with Onsite & Offshore Teams to get the requirements, delegating the work along with designing and developing / implementing the flows along with Data Analytics.
- Production Support DBA.
- Basic noledge of Tableau
- Basic noledge of Cloud Technologies like AWS
- Taking multiple sessions globally in TCS on Database quarterly since 2014.
- Star of Quarter for Tamil Nadu VAT Project in 2015.
- Highest rating for 3 consecutive years resulted in early promotion in 2015.
- Have been SME (Subject Matter Expert) for developing course on PostgreSQL for E0 competency in TCS iON in 2016.
Database Tools: Pg Admin,Migration Tool Kit, Postgres Enterprise Manager(PEM)Oracle SQL Developer
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting,Batch Scripting
Development Contents: Sub Queries, Cursors, Joins, Functions, Procedures, Packages, Dynamic Queries, Exception & Error Handling, Triggers
Other Tools: SVN, SQL Power Architect (ER Diagram Creation Tool), BMC Remedy Tool, MS Word, Advance Microsoft ExcelMS PowerPoint, MS Visio, Open Office
Windows, RHEL, HP: UX, Ubuntu, Suse Linux
- Handling and Managing Postgres Database of 1.4 TB size
- Installation of PPAS 9.6 and Postgres Community Version 9.2.
- Production support to client.
- Database Backup, Database Restore, DB Refresh activities along with configuration.
- Maintenance activities like purging data, vacuuming, monitoring etc.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Cloning databases, Auditing, Space management and security.
- Knowledge in a scripting language like shell script, Windows batch file.
- Installation of PPAS 9.1,9.2 and building Streaming Replication at the Local Sever.
- Handling and Managing Database Servers at Offshore
- Provide support to client/ Onsite Team for all database environments.
- Used Dynamic SQL Queries in Procedure to fill data on the fly.
- Used Database link to compare data of different databases in PostgreSQL Community and Oracle 11g
- Used Cursors (sys ref Cursor) for large collections of data.Used Copy command for bulk data load in the system.
- Database Analysis, Database Design and its implementation.
- Attending industry events and actively engaging with attendees
- Responsible for keeping presentation material (PowerPoint, Interactive demos)
- Oracle to PostgreSQL Database Code Migration from Oracle 10g to PPAS 9.1
- Shell Script creation and scheduling the same in Windows and Cron Job in Linux.
- Setting up BCP site and testing of BCP site using switch over DR drill.
- Development using packages, procedures, functions, triggers, synonyms, sequences and many DB Objects.