- A Software Professional wif over 10 years in teh AS400 industry and teh last 10+ years specifically doing analysis, coding, application production support and Technical Lead for small projects.
- Possess extensive experience in teh full aspect of software development, analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation (SDLC) and Technical Lead skills.
- Highly proficient wif application programming in AS/400 RPG, RPGIV, RPG/ILE, COBOL/400, QUERY 400, DDS, SDA, DBU, ROBOT, HAWKEYE, SQL, DB2, CL, XML, Aldon, Agile methodology.
Operating System: AS400 Operating System, Windows
Database: DB2, Oracle
Languages: AS400 COBOL/400, RPGILE, RPG Free, SQL, CL, CBLLE
X: Analysis, ROBOT, DBU, SDA, Aldon, Hawkeye, JDA Supply Chain Software, Rx - Claims, XML, HP Service Manager, Turnover, Agile methodology
Senior Software Developer
- Design/develop DDS/DDL copybooks used to create data from JDA Supply Chain Software.
- Peer review RPGLE/RPG Free embedded SQL programs for code efficiency.
- Develop new RPG Free embedded SQL programs using requirements from teh Business Analyst. Review requirements wif BA to make sure there is an agreement of teh technical documentation logic and teh business requirements.
- Develop CLLE programs to move JDA flat files and feed them into RPG Free programs. Teh RPG Free programs convert teh data in teh flat files into physical files on teh AS400.
- Utilize Turnover to check out/check in production RPGILE/RPG Free programs and modify them according to requirements/ specifications from teh Business area.
- Develop reports using SQL and Query 400 according to requirements from teh Business area.
- Develop documentation for existing RPGLE/RPG Free programs for QA/Developers consumption.
- Use DBU to review, add and modify data in test environment as well as review data in production. Also use Hawkeye to analyze files, field usage and program usage.
Senior Software Developer
- Managed several small/medium projects from participating in requirements sessions, code walk through’s, unit/systems testing into installation.
- Reviewed existing RPGLE/RPG Free embedded SQL programs for enhancement of application performance and suggested suitable and efficient modifications to existing RPGLE/RPG Free applications for scalability. dis resulted in several savings in run time hours for teh company.
- Provided technical support services to RPGLE/RPG Free based projects including on-call rotation support.
- Prepared and reported project status and relevant updates to managers. Provided estimates in hours for coding, unit testing/systems testing and implementation to managers.
- Maintained detailed documentation of technical designs and functional requirements.
- Participated in gathering and documentation of business needs and specifications.
- Developed new code for RPGILE/RPG Free programs according to requirements from teh Business area as well as modified existing production programs to effect desired changes.
- Wrote CL/CLLE programs to FTP flat files to intranet portals.
- Automate RPGLE/RPG Free and CL/CLLE programs to run in ROBOT to according to scheduled times.
- Utilize Aldon to check out/check in RPGLE/RPG Free and CL/CLLE programs and to implement them into production.
- Use DBU to review, add and modify data in test environment as well as review data in production. Also use Hawkeye to analyze files, field usage and programs.
- Technical Lead working wif Off-shore Team to coordinate code review, code merge, testing and implementation.
- Followed full SDLC; from participating in business requirements, offering suggestions on how best requirements can be met technically, writing technical documents, and using teh technical documentation to develop new COBOL and RPGLE programs depending on teh system.
- Designed, coded, debugged both new and production embedded SQL RPGLE/RPG Free and COBOL programs to provide solutions to business requirements to meet SLA deadlines. Also created test data to unit/system test new and modified code changes.
- Used Aldon to check in/check out RPGLE/RPG Free as well as COBOL programs for modifications. Installed new and modified programs into production using Aldon.
- Provided estimates in hours for code modifications, unit and systems testing as well as implementation efforts to teh Project Manager.
- Prepared technical documentation to install programs into production.
- Monitored installed programs during warranty periods and provided support.
- Developed Query/400 and Sequel logic for reports as per business specifications.
- Provided on-call support on rotation.
- Researched job failures and performed Root Cause Analysis. Documented Root Cause Analysis and reviewed them wif Subject Matter Experts.
- Provided mentorship to Junior programmers.
Confidential, Webster, MA
Programmer Analyst/Systems Analyst
- Developed a data entry System using Screen Design Aid and COBOL.
- Developed test environment mirroring production cutting down 60% during pre-production testing.
- Worked extensively on Actuarial Decision Support System. dis System was developed using several RPG ILE programs. Reports generated by dis System were used by teh Actuarial Department to calculate private passenger rates and these rates used for making Underwriting decisions. Teh program logic was based on table entries.
- Technical Project Lead on teh Actuarial Decision Support System.
- Mentored Junior Programmer Analyst’s on teh Actuarial Database System.
- Developed service programs for reading frequently used Actuarial database files.
- Developed, updated, and maintained RPG IV and COBOL legacy programs.
- Tested, maintained, and monitored RPG and COBOL during scheduled on-call production rotations.
- Set up RPGLE, CL/CLLE program jobs in ROBOT.
- Prepared documentation to move programs through Implementer to production.
- Utilized X-Analysis to analyze files, field usage and programs usage.
- On Call support for Production systems.