- Around 5+ years of IT Experience in System Design, Administration, Development and Support of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R 2/2008/2012/2014/2016 in Development, Data warehouse, Test and Production Environments on various business domains.
- Comprehensive knowledge and exposure to different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in writing T - SQL queries, complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions.
- Efficient in building recursive queries using CTEs (Common Table Expressions).
- Worked closely with c# developers for an application development and made changes on database side as per the requirements.
- Having good knowledge in creating the user interface using asp.net 3.5, Ajax, dynamic data to SQL data access layer.
- Worked with Development teams in relation to application tuning and different design techniques like Data Schema and Table Design.
- Resolved issues with Indexes, Blocking and locking issues to remove the performance bottlenecks and used Profiler to solve Dead Locks.
- Assigning proper user access and security via permissions to the various database objects such as tables, views, and stored procedures.
- Experience in development of User Interfaces using ASP.Net, C#, XML & HTML.
- Implemented MS Business Intelligence tools including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Having good hands on experience in designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages for transferring data manually from multiple data sources like MS SQL Server, Excel and Flat file to Microsoft SQL Server by using SSIS and DTS.
- Worked on building a Data Warehouse and implementing an ETL solution for loading Data warehouse.
- Created logs for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS 2012. Along with error handling and roll back process in ETL load.
- Developed Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Conditional, Pie Chart Reports, Drill-down, Ad hoc Reports in multiple formats using SSRS.
- Hands on Experience in working with Tableau to generate reports and Dashboards.
- Migration of SSRS reports from SQL 2008R2 to SQL 2014.
- Created Reports with complex formulas and to query the database for business Intelligence.
- Having knowledge in dimensional data modeling and Cube development, partition, aggregation and optimization using SSAS.
- Hands on Experience in building Star schema and Snow Flake schema depending on business requirements using SSAS.
- Building and writing MDX Queries, Calculated Members, and KPI’s using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Business Intelligence (SSAS, SSRS).
- Having good knowledge and experience in writing business solution using Object Oriented Concepts with . NET .
- Having experience in various data transformations like Merge, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split and Derived column.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and ability to think beyond to achieve better performance.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Enterprise Manager, T-SQL, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL Server Agent, SQL Server Management Studios (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, SSAS, MDX, SQL Server Profiler
ETL: DTS, SSIS
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Business objects, Tableau, Power BI
Programming Languages: Java, .NET, T-SQL, C, C++, ASP.Net, C#
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, MySQL & MS Access 2005/2008
Data Modeling Tool: Erwin, Microsoft Visio 2008/2010
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000/2002/Vista/XP/Windows 7/10, Linux
Repositories: SVN, Git Hub, TFS
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Created and used BIDS for SSIS packages to send Automated Manual BAM.
- Created and used SQL queries for monitoring the jobs that depends on daily loads and extracts.
- Developed SQL queries or stored procedures to be used by SSIS packages.
- Involved in creating queries for BIDS 2008 SSIS packages using C#.
- Supported Production Environment with scheduling the packages.
- Developed Transact-SQL (T-SQL) Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, User Defined Functions (UDF), Views, Indexes.
- Worked on migration of data from SQL to Mongo.
- Assigned proper user access and security via permissions to the various database objects such as tables, views, and stored procedures.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server tools like SQL Server Management Studio.
- Monitoring databases and implementing SQL patching to up to date versions.
- Involved in monitoring, troubleshooting, optimizing slow running queries, SSIS packages etc.
- Developed SSIS Packages from different sources like SQL Server Database, Flat file, CSV, Excel and many other data sources supports ODBC, OLE DB Data Sources.
- Troubleshoot and used Data Transformation Service packages.
- Created documents / flow charts for SSIS packages using Visio 2016.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2008/2012, Visual Basics, SSIS, TFS (Visual Studio 2013), MS Visual Studios 2017/2010/2015/2012/2008/2008 R2, SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools)2017, SSMS, SQL Server Agent, Visio 2016, Studio 3T.
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
Application System Engineer
- Created and modified stored procedures and used tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, used joins to retrieve data from tables.
- Implemented performance tuning tips to get the best performance out of SQL Server.
- Executed the change requests as required, did unit and integration testing.
- Develop SSIS Packages and write Stored Procedures, Views and Functions as needed. Created ETL packages to migrate data from different data sources to data warehouse by using SSIS.
- Monitoring SSIS Jobs closely and checking the Data in tables.
- Data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, this includes Error Handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Involved in developing the application using ASP . Net for . Net Webforms and C#.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support SSRS reports.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in SSRS 2008.
- Created and generated periodic reports for data analysis using SSRS. Perform Code reviews.
- Developed Tabular Reports, ad-hoc reports, Parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through using SSRS Report Designer.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2008/R2/2012, Visual Basics, SSRS, SSIS, IWAR, MSP (Mortgage Servicing Platform), TFS 2010, JIRA, MS Visual Studios 2008/2010, SQL Server Agent, ASP.Net, SQL Profiler, MS-Access.
Confidential, Lawrence, KS
- Created stored procedures, triggers and used multiple join to retrieve data from appropriate tables.
- Created T-SQL Procedures using temp tables, cursors, sub queries and functions.
- Created views for generating reports and Developed, monitored & deployed SSIS packages.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Prepared Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Tested the application for deployment, Function and behavior.
- Created Queries for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2012.
- Extensively worked in sorting the data, defining subtotals for the reports.
- Monitor data KPIs for quality and provide information to load into KPI scorecards.
- Deployed and processed SSIS Packages and SSRS Reports weekly to update information (As per business logic) by using SQL Server Agent and windows Scheduler.
- Involved in planning and designing SSAS Cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server 2010/2012 Enterprise Edition, SSIS 2008/2012, SSRS 2012, SSAS, Web Focus Reports, NOSQL, ETL, SSMS, TFS, Visual Studios 2010, Tableau.
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
Application System Engineer
- Create Materialized views & normal views as per the business requirement.
- Worked in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases including Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance.
- Updated procedures, functions, triggers and packages based on the change request from users.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Worked on changing code from SQL to Teradata.
- Implemented complex business logic with Store procedures, User Defined Functions, Views and wrote T-SQL batches with CTE (Common Table Expressions) for recursive operations.
- Use DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures and data manipulation.
- Worked in creating Team projects for Reporting and Integration using TFS.
- Scheduling and monitoring the ETL packages.
- Involved in performing migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Implemented data viewers, SSIS Logging, error configurations for error handling the packages.
- Generated Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Subscriptions, Dashboard reports for the analysis of managers and end users by using SSRS.
- Work with testing teams, perform UAT testing with business users.
- Implement efficient error handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables.
- Identified, tested and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server 2010/2012, Visual Basics, SSRS, Crystal, SSIS, Teradata SQL Assistant, IWAR, MSP (Mortgage Servicing Platform), TFS 2010, JIRA, MS Visual Studios 2008.
- Collaborate with the application developers in data modeling and ER design of the systems.
- Create and modify database objects like tables, views, procedures, functions, triggers, packages, indexes, synonyms, materialized views using SQL server Management Studios.
- Develop SQL and PL/SQL scripts to transfer tables across the schemas and databases.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Migrated data from different sources (Text files, Excel spreadsheet) and access to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Deploying and scheduling Report Subscriptions using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Worked closely with Production support team to Troubleshoot and fix any production issues.
- Documented all the processes involved in maintaining MS SQL database.
- Participated in client meetings, ensuring that work products and deliverables are of the quality.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL, Analysis Server(SSAS), MS SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), DTS, T-SQL, VB, MS Excel, Access.