- Around 7+ years of experience in Information Technology field with strong experience as Splunk Admin/Developer, AppDynamics Admin/Developer, Software Analysis and Monitoring, Design and Development for various software applications.
- Expert in Extracting, Transforming, Analyzing, Visualizing, and presenting data from diverse business areas in novel and insightful ways to enable Directors, Vice Presidents, and C - level executives to take informed action.
- Expertise in Architecture of various components within Splunk (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, Parsing, Indexing, Searching concepts, Hot, Warm, Cold, Frozen bucketing, License model, multisite and multi cluster env).
- Experience in field Extraction using Ifx, Rex Command and Regex in configuration files.
- Knowledge in optimize searches for better performance, Search time vs Index time field extraction, understanding of configuration files, precedence, working props conf, transforms.conf, inputs.conf, and outputs.conf.
- Expertise in installation, testing and deploying monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Strong experience in deploying, configuring and administering Splunk clusters.
- Helping application teams in on-boarding Splunk and creating dashboards, Reports, Alerts, advance Splunk search, Visualization, log parsing and external table lookups.
- Experience working with installation of Splunk app for AWS and its configuration and indexed AWS logs like CloudTrail and CloudWatch.
- Expertise with SPL (Search Processing Language) and understanding of Splunk architecture, including configuration files.
- Wide experience in monitoring and troubleshoot the applications using tools like ITCAM, Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, SolarWinds.
- Solid knowledge and experience in Monitoring the Splunk infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization, Automating in Splunk using Perl with Service-Now for event triggering.
- Strong experience with creating dashboards for network device logs and familiar with networking.
- Worked on onboarding logs from the containers and s3 buckets.
- Good command over ingesting database data into Splunk using DB connect addon.
- Working knowledge in System Administration familiar with Windows Servers, Red Hat Linux Enterprise Servers, Solaris and IBM AIX servers.
- Experience in Optimized search queries using summary indexing, Creating DLP (Data Loss Prevention) Reports through Splunk.
- Experience with user behavior analytics (UBA) for cyberattack detection and hidden attacks.
- Expert in Building and deploying Instances that indexed more than a TB/Day.
- Experience in installing and configuring AppDynamics controller on different environments to enable monitoring solution for the external website to track the performance of applications.
- Integrated different tools with AppDynamics and provided self-healing / self-servicing solutions for application teams.
- Comprehensive understanding of APM Practices, Performance Engineering as well as Security Analysis.
- Experience in using AppDynamics for monitoring distributed IT infrastructure and applications including servers, operating systems, network services, virtualization software applications in cloud infrastructure, and application components.
- Expertise in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehouse, Data mart, Data Integration and Data Conversion project.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Python scripts.
- Experienced in all data processing phases, from the Enterprise Model, Data Model (Logical and Physical Model), and Data Warehousing (ETL).
- Expertise in requirement gathering, developing Performance Test Plans, test strategy, test analysis and summary report preparation.
- Experienced in working across business team to collect non-functional requirements, formulate scalable test strategies, and enforce performance testing.
Cloud Platform: PCF, AWS, Azure
Programing Languages: C, Python, Unix/Power shell scripting, Html, Xml, CSS, SQL, PL/SQL, SPL (Search Processing Language)
Data Analysis: Requirement/Business Analysis, Detail design, Data definition Rules, Business Rules, Data Modelling, Datawarehouse System Integration
Tools: /Administration: Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible
Testing Tools: HP Performance Center, VU-gen, JMeter, Soap UI, Postman
Database: MS Access, MS SQL Server, MY SQL, Oracle DB2
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, Service Now, Pier, Q-Test
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum
OS: Windows, Unix, Linux
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Splunk SME / Enterprise Monitoring Engineer
- Gather Monitoring requirements from application owners and provide appropriate E2E monitoring solution.
- Worked on creating entities and services in Splunk ITSI and also worked on creating glass tables along with Adding KPIs (key performance indicators) with severity-level thresholds to monitor the status of IT processes.
- Correlate searches (AD-HOC, Base Search or a Re-curing Search) in ITSI to generate the notable events for tracking alerts and understand their service context for quicker investigations, root cause analysis and incident resolution based on severity threshold and apply anomaly detention.
- Installation of Splunk ITSI on search heads along with configuring services, entities for monitoring and analyzing the visibility into health and KPI’s (key performance indicators) of critical IT and business services and infrastructure.
- Creating Splunk dashboards for third party application like Tripwire, Sourcefire/Firepower, MacAfee, Guardium.
- Integrated third party application using APIs to generate the reports and break them devices that are Compliance, Errors, Reporting and Not- reporting to give the application owner a clear idea.
- Built additional dashboards to give a detailed information on each individual system that are Non-Compliance and provide them detailed information like Policies, Rules and Rules groups on which the system is failing to report.
- Implement scalable Splunk dashboards that align with key KPI's that move us closer to a purpose-built solution that leverages AI, predictive analytics and machine learning
- Worked in Splunk Enterprise migration and data migration from onprem to cloud AWS and helped application users in creating complex dashboard and reports.
- Enabled internal and external SSL secure communication for all the clustered and non-clustered env, and also worked on creating new cert for with self-signed.
- Worked on creating lookups like csv lookups, kvstore lookups, Splunk regex for field extractions and also monitored amazon ECS logs in Splunk by enabling SSL for security.
- Install, configure and administrated Splunk instances (search heads, indexers, deployment server, HF and universal forwarder) on Linux, Windows and AIX servers.
- Used Splunk data Connector between Splunk Enterprise and Relational Database. Fetching the data from databases using "DB Connect Application" from SQL servers as well using windows authentication.
- Onboarded AWS logs into Splunk and documented it, logs include Aws CloudWatch, Aws CloudTrail, s3 and access logs.
- Hands on experience in deploying and configuring Splunk ES in our environment and created co-relation searches to identify the notable events in SIES.
- Worked on incident review to identify the behavior of the notable events like critical moderate or normal and, also monitored end user activity in Enterprise Security to identify abnormal activities.
- Worked on SIEM enables security teams to quickly detect and respond to internal and external attacks to simplify threat management while minimizing risk and safeguarding business.
- Worked on collecting the data from the TCP and UDP inputs also from syslog servers and experience with Installation, updating and maintenance of Splunk universal forwarders, deployment server classes and Apps through deployment server.
- Helped the security teams to build the dashboards to monitor the health check of each technologies.
- Expert knowledge on customizing Splunk dashboards through XML source. also optimizing the dashboard panel searches using base and sub searches.
- Implemented automation code for integrating load runner with Grafana monitoring tool and database using python scripts.
- Interact with Project Architects, business owner, subject matter experts and project teams to understand the application architecture, capacity and functional changes to determine the impacted applications and operational objectives.
- Creating Strategy, Impact assessment, Plan, design testing strategies and develop test scripts using any of the Load Runner protocols, create test scenarios and execute tests for critical projects.
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within quality assurance, time and cost constraints
- To understand application code and to add custom business transactions and exit points based on application team's requirement.
- Used Puppet for performing activities from provisioning to reporting and used Puppet to automate the slave configuration setup and maintenance.
- Configured Managed and controlled the source code repository, currently hosted in GitHub and GitLab.
- Involved in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Puppet and Ansible.
Environment: Splunk, Splunk Machine learning tool kit, AppDynamics, Grafana, Cloud watch, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, LoadRunner, HP ALM/QC, AWS, Shell Scripting, Python (Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Shell Scripting, JIRA, ServiceNow, AWS, Azure, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
Confidential - Newark, CA
Monitoring Engineer/ Analyst
- Configured the adds-on app SSO Integration for user authentication and Single Sign-on in Splunk Web.
- Deploy, configure and maintained Splunk forwarder in different platforms.
- Created Reports, Pivots, alerts, advance Splunk search and Visualization in Splunk enterprise.
- Monitored and troubleshoot the applications using tools like ITCAM, Splunk, Wily Introscope and BMC Patrol.
- Provided power, admin access for the users and restrict their permission on files
- For quick identifying malware and to uncover cloud emerging threats by DNS tunneling.
- Installed and upgraded Splunk software in distributed and clustered environments for numerous corporations and public entities.
- Well versed in both remote and on-site user Splunk Support.
- Developed detailed documentation for the installation and configuration of Splunk and Splunk Apps
- Worked closely with the development team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Integrated Maven with shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Setup the Hudson as continuous Integration tool to integrate the Java project.
- Responsible for Open stack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems and developer tools.
- Expertise in building and monitoring software projects continuously with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Hudson.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests for puppet Enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Setup Puppet master, Client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environments.
- Hands on writing, Creation, testing, implementing Puppet modules and Puppet manifests.
- Used Puppet server and Workstation to manage, configure nodes. Supported 500+ servers in large environments.
- Monitoring various Performance metrics such CPU, Memory, disk utilizations, response time, throughput, GC utilization, Thread counts, hits per sec and etc. using Dynatrace, Splunk
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Splunk apps for production environment, attending meetings with development, users and support groups to understand the application architecture, to simulate realistic production scenarios for load and stress testing
- Coordinate with core application development, business, middleware, and operations teams to identify performance improvement areas, and promote resolution of issues resulting from load test execution and analysis efforts and ensure the quality of the release is not compromised.
- Responsible for scripting all the load testing scenarios for various sub-systems using a variety of protocols.
- Performed LoadRunner script correlation using manual techniques without relying entirely on the Correlation studio feature Involved in performing volume testing based on the production volumes and cycles.
- Integrated Site scope with HP performance center and created automation test framework using Selenium.
- Responsible for conducting Stress, Volume, Baseline and endurance testing
- Written test case creation and always tried to enhance the Test cases for the whole system
Environment: Maven, Puppet, Shell scripting, bash, Linux, Windows servers, SQL Server 2008, Jenkins, Puppet, AppDynamics, LoadRunner, HP ALM/QC, AWS
Analyst/ BI Developer
- Analyzed business requirements and involve in design and implementation of design and approach documents.
- Created databased objects like procedures, functions, packages, triggers, indexes and views using SQL in development and production environment for SQL server.
- Implement complex stored procedures, views and temporary tables based on project requirement.
- Implemented reports using Microsoft SQL server reporting services (SSRS) with proficiency in using report designer as well as report builder.
- Created Ad-hoc reports, drill down reports, pivot, power pivots and tabular reports.
- Managing the Report Server contents with Admin privileges and report manager for subscriptions snapshots and security content on the reports
- Helped Quality Assurance Team to generate Test Plans and Test Executions.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data into data warehouse and data marts.
- Worked Extensively with SSIS to import, export and transform the data between the linked servers.
- Scheduled the packages and jobs to keep extracting the data from OLTP at specific time intervals.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments located globally.
- Experience in developing the end-to-end solution using SQL Server Business Intelligence.
- Worked with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) that delivers Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data mining functionality for business intelligence applications
- Understanding OLAP process for changing and maintaining the Warehouse, Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
- Defined and processed the Facts, Dimensions & cubes using MS OLAP.
- Involved in generating Multi-Dimensional Cubes and reports using OLAP Services.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008, SSAS 2008, MS Visual Studio 2008/2010, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, SQL Server Profiler, Windows Sever 2008, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle SQL Plus