- Over 10 years of IT professional with extensive background in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Analytics projects design, development and implementation with high transaction and multi - server production environment. Self-learning ability and Leadership Quality.
- Experience in the complete life cycle of DW/BI/ETL implementations including defining Vision, Strategy, Architecture, Design, development, Testing, Governance, Troubleshooting, Administration, and Production Support.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Mapping, Data Profiling, Data Migration, Data Integration, and Metadata Management Services.
- Agile and Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle experience including Requirements, Specifications Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
- Strong experience in creating T-SQL objects, performs most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Proficient in creating Indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, effective functions, and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Expert in performance tuning in tuning stored procedures, Queries using tools like SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plans, and Efficient coding standards.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data process to extract data from SQL Server, Excel file, other databases and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Experience in error handling and event handling: Precedence constraints, break points, check points and custom logging towards SSIS package execution in SSIS 2016/2012/2008 R2/2008.
- Proficient in creating and deploying SSIS (ETL process) packages using various transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Derived Column, and Data Conversion Transformations.
- Hands on experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, setting up SQL server mail agent for SSIS packages.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, Tableau, and Confidential Access & Excel spreadsheet.
- Hands on experience in using Cloud based managed services for data warehousing in Confidential Azure (Azure Data Factory, Azure Table Storage, Azure Blob storage etc.)
- Experience in creating various SSRS reports like drill down, sub reports, parameterized, multi-valued and various Adhoc reports through Report model creation.
- Good experience on creating Power BI dashboard from scratch and handling Workspaces, Apps and User Security in Power BI Service.
- Proficient in SQL Server Replication, Backup/Recovery, Disaster recovery and planning.
- Good hands-on with creating Partitioned Tables, Partitioned Views, Data Quality Service and Data Profiling.
- Consistent and dependable performer with the flexibility to adapt to constantly shifting priorities.
- Utilized Team foundation server (TFS) for version controlling and Task/Bug assignment.
- Experience in Guidewire Contact Manager/Claim Center web-based system to test different test case scenarios.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-managing and teamwork spirits.
- Well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008 R2, My SQL, DB2, Oracle 9i/10g and Confidential Access.
Operating Systems: Windows 10/08/07, Unix/Linux, XP.
Cloud: MS Azure Cloud
Tools: Confidential Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Confidential SQL Server Management Studio, SQL server Query Analyzer, SQL Server Mail Service, BCP, SQL Server Profiler, Crystal Reports, Power BI, Tableau, Guidewire, MS-Access, Outlook, Erwin, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS-Office, JIRA, GITHUB, Red Gate, Share Point, Teradata.
Language: T-SQL, My SQL, C#, .Net, VB Scripts, XML, JSON, HTML, Oracle, Python, C and C++
Sr. SQL Server / ETL Developer
- Team member of agile project and responsible for project planning for sprints participated in story building for multiple sprints.
- Analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications provided by the data specialist/Business.
- Worked closely with project manager to maintain detailed and accurate project plan to Create/feed DataMart and Data Warehouse and ensure key deliverables were produced on time.
- Involved in implementing SQL Server security and Object permissions like maintaining Database authentication modes, creation of users, configuring permissions and assigning roles to users.
- Extensively used Profiler to identify and repair database lockups, deadlocks, and other issues.
- Fine-tuned SQL Queries for maximum efficiency and performance using SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Created various Oracle and SQL objects such as schema, tables, field definitions and mappings, stored procedures, CTE, Triggers, views and indexes/keys.
- Developed complex T-SQL Scripts such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes and views for the application (Guidewire/Sapiens).
- Performed operations such as Fine-tuning queries and stored procedures and providing consultation to other developers.
- Used Query Analyzer and SQL Server Profiler for tuning report queries and improves performance in SQL Server.
- Migrated a Policy, Claim and Contact Manager data from different sources like DB2, MySQL, OLEDB, Flat files and Excel file to load into DataMart and Data Warehouse.
- Added functionality to sustain packages for variant data for automation.
- Designed and developed automated ETL systems to improve the daily and monthly processes in order to reduce unnecessary manual intervention and improve the overall quality and performance.
- Designed Packages to handle data migration (ETL Processes) from transaction System to Dimensional Model.
- Implemented ETL to extract and transform data from RDBMS and Flat files/Excel/CSV, SQL Server instances and to load into staging and then to DW for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent jobs.
- Converted Micro Strategy reports to SSRS report by implementing with drill down, drill through, Linked, parameterized reports for end users.
- Generated Complex reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Snapshot reports Drill- down Reports, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and ad hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on Business Requirement Document.
- Created security levels on report model and reports to give access to users in SSRS.
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, Power BI, Tableau or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Developed and delivered dynamic reporting solutions to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS.
- Responsible for migrate script to Integration, System test, and Production based on migration date and releases.
- Worked closely with DBA team to regularly monitor system for bottlenecks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Provided documentation for all kinds of reports and SSIS packages.
- Worked closely with the developers and testing team to resolve Bug Issues assign through JIRA.
- Responsible for deploying T-SQL objects as well as reports to development, Staging and production environment.
- Involved in unit testing of Store Procedure and UI as per requirement on different server (Development, Test).
- Closely work with Project/Release managers & support them in all activities during the entire life cycle of the projects.
Sr. SQL Server
- Involved in all the phases of the project from scratch and performed different roles in the different phases of the project.
- Perform complex research and analysis to support business operations, processes and develop recommendations based off findings.
- Responsible for Database Design concepts such as 3NF, normalization vs denormalization, Data Modeling, Backup/Restore, Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- Created and managed database objects including tables, indexes, views, triggers, functions and procedures to meet the business requirements.
- Created logical and physical data models for data warehouse and data mart implementation.
- Designed and developed ETL packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to load the data from source to raw/staging to data warehouse.
- Developed slowly changed dimensions (SCD) for loading data into Dimensions and Facts as per requirement.
- Using SSAS created OLAP cubes for data mining and created reports from OLAP cubes using SSRS.
- Involved in end-to-end unit testing of the mappings and identified the bug and resolved various data issues, Load issues.
Sr. SQL Server
- Work closely with internal teams, partners, and customers to identify and define data conversion requirements.
- Involved in preparing Technical specification document based on the BRD and interact with the Business Analyst to analyze and understand the Business needs.
- Documented the source to target Data mapping spread sheet which have all the information of source and target data types and all the necessary transformation rules which are in turn used for their metadata updates.
- Oversee the Data mapping of data sources, data movement, and interfaces, with the goal of ensuring data quality. Collaborate with project managers, address data related problems in regards to systems integration and compatibility.
- Designed architecture of SSIS (ETL) process to migrate data to respective Data Mart’s and feed downstream reporting, reinsurance, DataMart’s and Guidewire system.
- Prepared the complete Data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
- Responsible for building and deploying database updates to production, working with several environments and QA process.
Sr. SQL Server
- Involved in all the phases of the project from scratch and performed different roles in the different phases of the project.
- Gathered requirements, analyzed, create logical source-to-target mappings and wrote the Business Rules Document.
- Support other ETL developers; providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions.
- Assist Application Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects.
- Involved in database design for the framework, creating and managing database objects, backup/restore.
- Used In-house Application (Rules Engine Studio) in multiple projects for ETL and balancing purpose, to convert the manual processes and automate them.
- Implemented email alerts using send mail task in Rules Engine for each step if it’s out of balance, in-balance, and completion for monthly close. (using Rules Engine studio).
Environment: Confidential SQL Server 2017/2014/2012/2008 R2, SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS/Power BI/Micro Strategy/Tableau, BIDS, Confidential Visual studio 2017/2013/2012/2010/2008 , Windows server 2012/2008, VB Scripts, MS SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server, Index Tuning Wizard, Guidewire, MS Azure Cloud, GITHUB, Red Gate.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
ETL Developer / Database Developer
- Planned, Defined and Designed database based on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, triggers, database links and privileges.
- Gathered data and documented it for further reference and designed Database using Erwin data modeler.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Worked with integration services for transferring and reviewing data from heterogeneous sources like Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data.
- Designed high level SSIS architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Analyzed & designed the business rules for data cleansing that are required by the staging & EDW.
- Implemented the Data Cleansing using various transformations such as Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup and Derived Column.
- Involved in maintaining batch log tables and error logging tables to handle errors using event handlers.
- Utilized various data flow transformation in packages based on the business need such as Data conversion, condition split, multicast, union all merge, merge join, sort, etc.
- Used SSIS to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Experience in SSIS Script task, Lookup transformation and data flow tasks using, T-SQL and Visual(VB) Scripts.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages, which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent.
- Involved in creating alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled jobs.
- Worked in setup logging environment to track the status of the events like error raise, task fail.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created reports which retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard.
- Responsible for Monitoring and Tuning Report performance.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
- Participated in testing during the UAT (QA testing). Mentored and monitored team development and status.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, BIDS, SSRS, SSIS, Oracle 9i, Windows Server 2008.
Confidential, Issaquah, WA
MS SQL Server / BI Developer
- Analyze the Business Requirement Document (BRD) to design a conceptual model to be implemented with T-SQL, SSRS and SSIS to develop a solution.
- Involved in writing complex T-SQL programming to implement Stored Procedures, Common table expressions and Functions for different tasks.
- Design, review, and create primary objects (views, indexes, tables etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints for data analysis.
- Work with business analyst, project manager and other functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution best suited for the problem statement.
- Worked with integration services(SSIS) for transferring and reviewing data from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, CSV, SQL Server, flat file).
- Created and maintained SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to a centralized SQL server using OLEDB providers from the existing diversified data sources.
- Created SSIS package to load data from staging environment to data warehouse using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Involve in developing, debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Discover and correct critical bugs in the data migration process that led to in-correct data being reported to clients and government reporting using SSRS.
- Develop Parameterized reports, Drill down, Drill through, Sub report, linked reports with thorough knowledge of report serving architecture. (Table, chart and matrix report).
- Create complex SSRS report using multiple data providers, global Variables, Expressions, user defined objects, charts and synchronized queries.
- Identify and work with parameters using complex expressions for parameterized reports in SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2010/2008, Windows Server 2008, TFS, C#, Windows 7.