- Professional SQL Server Database Administrator/BI Developer with 6+ years’ experience working in different domains. Equipped with extensive SQL Server Database and business intelligence knowledge of Database Administration, Data Modeling, Data Warehouse, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, MS Power BI. Seeking to further IT career and grow.
Data Modeling Tools: ER - Win, MS Visio
Database Programming Languages: T-SQL, Dynamic SQL, MDX, DAX, Powershell
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS, Visual Studio
Analysis Services: SSAS, OLAP Cubes, Tabular Model
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Tableau Desktop, Power BI, Excel
Cloud Technologies: MS Azure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and Spiral
Others: Jira, Salesforce, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Sr IT Analyst
- 24/7 supports of 200+ SQL Server instances (2008, 2012, 2016, 2019), serving more than 10,000 employees in different locations worldwide.
- Responsible for designing and reviewing database architecture for new projects and existing systems.
- Design new technology to improve business growth and solution to meet business requirements such as implementing the first architecture of Cloud systems in the company for multi - regional database support including high availability and disaster recovery systems.
- Worked closely with system and network administrators on Windows servers and Web servers, including IIS, Apache services, etc.
- Review and implement new disaster recovery system according to business RTO and RPO requirements.
- Troubleshoot SSIS packages and SSRS reporting system deployed in SQL server databases, work with developers to resolve any underlying issues.
- Proficient in migrating databases from on-premise to cloud based platform such as AWS.
- Assisted vendors in database troubleshooting and helped review their current database system architecture for improvements.
- Principle DBA for all compliance auditing including SOX compliance auditing and work hands on with cyber security.
- Wrote step by step detailed SQL Server and databases documentations.
SQL server data analyst
- +100 SQL Server instances and +10 Terabytes of databases.
- 90% of the servers are active/passive clusters and multiple active/active/passive nodes.
- Provide 24/7 on-call supports and technical expertise to multiple projects and to other teams.
- Evaluate, define, implement and document standards, and database procedures for SQL Server technology.
- Work with different technical teams, business clients, and managers to design innovative solutions to meet the business functionality.
- Lead implementer for SSIS conversion of over 400 packages. Other large projects include server upgrade and consolidation of legacy systems.
- Setup a new automated system to monitor critical jobs and setup baseline of the entire SQL environment.
- Develop and deploy complex SSIS packages such as file validation, archiving and deletion base on file and directory info from cradle to grave.
- Implemented transactions and checkpoints on SSIS packages to enable the execution of package from latest point of failure
SQL Server Developer
- Developed complex T-SQL queries, functions and stored procedures for BI forecasting and reporting purposes.
- Designed comprehensive database structures for BI analysis needs from develop environment to production environment, including step by step testing, validating and maintaining.
- Conceptualized data migration strategy to populate the data-mart with facts and dimensions
- Created and optimized stored procedures to perform database maintenance and resolve fragmentation issues
- Scheduled SQL Server Agent job to initiate SSIS package execution and report generation
- Assisted in analyzing, designing, building testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS using MDX
- Created multiple reports such as parameter current revenue analysis reports using SSRS and Tableau Desktop
- Formatted user-friendly financial analysis reports with parameters for end-users to facilitate the process for decision making
- Deployed SSIS packages onto different environments utilizing package deployment model