- To seek a Business Systems Analyst position to meet client’s challenges and to provide value - added solutions.
Computer Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Database Management Systems: MS-SQL Server, Oracle 8i, Oracle7, Informix 7.22, Sybase 12, dBASE III+
Database Utilities: MS Data Transformation Services (DTS), Oracle SQL*Loader, Oracle SQL*Plus, Erwin, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows NT Server, Solaris, Linux, UNIX
Languages: Transact-SQL, VB Script, Oracle PL/SQL, PowerBuilder, Informix 4GL, COBOL, FORTRAN, JCL
Hardware: HP 9000, U6000 580, U6000 550, Novell, IBM 360/370, VAX 780, Confidential 486, Macintosh, Zenith
Non-Technical Skills: Project management, team leadership, strong communications skills, both oral and written, excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills, ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
Confidential, Tysons, VA
Senior Data Engineer
- Provided project management for West Virginia Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). Engaged with stakeholders to resolve financial issues as part of the month-end balancing and reconciliation process. Utilized Microsoft SQL to perform research and analysis and to query database tables to reconcile and resolve discrepancy found in claims payments. Recommended solutions and performed integrated change control to rectify claims payment issues.
- Managed interfaces for providing medical claims data extracts to vendors. Developed transformation rules for file layouts and mappings for data extracts. Performed validation of claims records prior to delivery.
- Gathered requirements and performed analysis and design. Developed Statement of Work (SOW) and Level of Effort (LOE) to satisfy user requirements according to specifications.
- Acted as the intermediary between client/vendors and technical staff to resolve problems.
- Resolved complex conversion issues resulted from a major system upgrade and worked with technical staff and various teams to determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Performed research and analysis and recommended resolutions to client, performed thorough system testing and implemented changes by following the change control management process.
- Assembled project team and conducted regular status meetings. Reported status updates to stakeholders on progress and schedules for deliverables.
- Automated and streamlined manual processes by scheduling data exports to run at a set time using UC4 job scheduler resulting significant time-saving and resource. Monitored system performance and performed ongoing analysis to determine most efficient and effective means to operate the system.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Implemented high-performance Automated Voice Response System (AVRS) for Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). A 24x7 service which allows providers and pharmacies to access information such as Provider Payments, Member Eligibility and Claim Status. Provided users training.
- Led Joint Application Development (JAD) system design sessions for gathering requirements, creating solutions, and proposed implementation schedule. Acted as a liaison interfacing with customer to improve the system design. Performed thorough testing and assisted User Acceptance Testing.
- Managed medical claims processing using an optical electronics transaction system while supporting State of New Jersey with enhancements and change requests and testing and coordinated Production implementation.
- Managed and implemented a project for State of West Virginia to consolidate 20+ post SQL stored procedures (>10,000 lines of code) and the rate of mass claims adjudication had gone up 20% following implementation.
- Developed a stored procedure for assigning a unique identifier to each Medical claim, member, and provider. It was used in each client site (West Virginia, Maine, Idaho, New Jersey) to generate unique identifiers for internal tracking.
- Coordinated with Claims Team supervisors for auditing reprocessed COB (Cost of Benefits) claims.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Senior Database Administrator
- Managed development and production databases to support the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) for State of West Virginia using SQL Server Enterprise 2000 technology. Also provided database support to other projects including Kentucky MMIS, VBO POS (Virginia Beach Point of Sale) system. Specific tasks included developing stored procedures, performance tuning, SQL profiler, database migration, and system troubleshooting.
- Installed QNXT software and performed database upgrade and configured large databases to work with aQTrans, BizTalk and Flexi Financial applications.
- Streamlined and documented a database migration process from one system to another and trained new team members. Performed configuration on database server to launch QNXT application.
- Streamlined migration process by automating necessary steps to prepare and configure the database server.
- Established and introduced new naming conventions to be used across organization as part of standardization in development and also pursuing Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) compliance.
Database Administrator / Developer / Test Team Lead
- Designed, created and managed development and testing databases in Oracle 8i and Sybase 12.0 in support of an integrated web-based application “AcquiLine”, a suite of products designed in Java to enhance and streamline the procurement business processes employed by DoD and other federal agencies.
- Developed and maintained Interfaced Budget Execution Account Management System (I-BEAMS) for the Program Management Office (PMO) using PowerBuilder as the front-end application and Informix as the back-end database.
- Conducted database analysis on I-BEAMS project and made recommendations for fine tuning development database, building indexes and using stored procedures and triggers to automate records updating which resulted 20% in overall system performance.
- Performed SQL tuning for production database. The analysis and recommendations were well received by client and systems performance was greatly improved.
- On AcquiLine project, converted development database originally created in Sybase to Oracle on an NT platform. Helped convert Sybase stored procedures to Oracle using PL/SQL.
- Streamlined database build process from 6 hours to 4 hours. A significant 30% time saving.
- Migrated an Oracle database from shared UNIX server to SUN Solaris with minimal downtime.
- Managed a test team of 5 members on a contract administration project developed for the Navy.
- Developed Programmer’s Maintenance Manual (PMM), a guide provided developers information necessary to maintain the I-BEAMS system.
- Managed databases in support of “QUEST Information System” (QIS) designed for the Department of Human Services (DHS) of Hawaii.
- Performed installation and configuration of Oracle databases in a client/server environment on multiple platforms including HP9000, U6000 580, U6000 550 and Novell server.
- Configured PC’s for access to Oracle server using SQL*Net through Novell NetWare.
- Supported on-site implementation and user acceptance testing for DHS.
- Supported and performed troubleshooting of database issues and developed database backup and recovery procedure for use in development and production environments.