Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, and VB Scripting, ASP, XML.
Software: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 /2012/2014/2016 , Windows 2000/2003/2008 /2012 Server, Oracle 10g, 11c, 12c Clusters, Electronic Patient Records, DataGuard, RMAN, Windows 2000/3 Clusters, Tivoli.
Sr. SQL/Oracle Database Engineer/Architect
- Worked as lead database administrator for Health and Human Services Department serving providing highest level of expertise and solutions for both SQL and Oracle environments.
- Responsible for full life - cycle database support (Plan, Build, Operate) which includes administration, installation, setup, performance tuning, architecture, migrations, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for building new architectures and solutions for improvements in process-flow, simplification, cost-effectiveness as well as increased reliability.
- Solely responsible for administration, installation, setup, performance tuning, architecture, support, migrations, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting. Streamlining databases running on Oracle instances (9i, 10g, 11g)) and SQL instances (2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019).
- Provided recommendations and advised management for streamlining backup and recovery, disaster recovery, upgrades, migrations, clustering, consolidation and monitoring.
- Migrated databases from Oracle to SQL from 9i to SQL 2012, as well as SQL migrations and upgrades from SQL 2005 to SQL 2012, 2014 on existing, new servers and clusters.
- Migrated multiple Oracle 9i schemas from Oracle to SQL Server using Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant tool for RODS application.
- Migrated the VITALS SQL database from HHS cluster to Downtown SQL Cluster.
- Installed, setup, configure and migrated SQL Servers to different Active Directory domains.
- Installed, setup and configured Transactional SQL Replication from Production to Reporting.
- Migrated all the active schemas from Oracle9i to 10g.
- Planned, setup SQL scripting jobs for several new SQL databases for the update and maintenance of SQL databases. This enabled automatic Detach, Attach of databases and insert and deletion of records to keep the accumulated database updated.
- Speed up reporting performance by cleaning out all excessive data from tables from prior years. Archived all 9i Oracle database tables from prior years.
- Responsible for specification, planning, setup and installation for a new database server for Oracle 11g. This serves as the upgrade and all the databases migrated from 10g and 9i to this server.
- Created a database standardization and best practices document that suggested and formed database standards within HDHHS for operational and administrative tasks. The areas include schema standards, password policy, authentication mode, administrator privileges, auditing, surface area reduction, authorization, patching etc.
Environment: SQL 2019/2016/2014/2012/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 9i/10g/11g, TOAD, RMAN, Windows Clusters, Spotlight for Oracle, Oracle Grid Control, SQL Developer, Windows 2000/2003/2008 /2012 , Windows 2000/2003 Clusters, SQL Developer, Microsoft Access 2003/07, IIS, Electronic Patient Records, VMWare, Active Directory.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
SQL/Oracle Database Engineer
- Provided high level of technical skill and expertise in the area of managing and maintaining enterprise database systems as final point of technical escalation.
- Responsible for the implementation, configuration, operations and support of the database environments.
- Administrated the availability and scalability of the database server environment to ensure that no unplanned disruptions or data losses occur with extensive technical knowledge and experience in enterprise SQL and Oracle environments.
- Performed all Oracle and SQL database activities related to operations, stability and integrity of database environments.
- Performed installing and maintaining database software and patches; testing and upgrading software releases; building databases; providing support; monitoring database instances and servers daily on, Linux and Windows based platforms; and providing database backup and recovery administration.
- Responsible for integrating additions and changes into the existing database infrastructure, performance tuning, capacity planning, addressing memory and disk configurations.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 , SQL 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 10g, Oracle Grid Control, Windows 2000/2003 Clusters, Oracle RAC, Red Hat 5.3, SQL Developer, Microsoft Access 2003/07, IIS, Electronic Patient Records, Axium, Mipacs, VMWare, Active Directory.
Lead SQL/Oracle DBA
- Responsible for administering, installing, configuring, troubleshooting SQL 2000, SQL 2005 and Oracle 10g databases on new as well as existing clusters/environments ensuring availability and performance of over 100 SQL and 15 Oracle databases.
- Solely responsible for administration, management, problem resolution and troubleshooting for over one hundred databases.
- Architected and built lead for building Windows 2003 clusters and infrastructure on SQL 2005 as well migration of all SQL 2000 databases to SQL 2005 for the entire organization.
- Performed Application and System administrator for Clinical Dental Branch Electronic Patient Record system running on Oracle 10g database and DICOM image server clusters.
- Led the database capacity planning and assisting in ensuring that the necessary associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases.
- Performed performance tuning of the database systems, jobs, indexes, queries, configurations and using Dynamic management views, SQL Profiler etc.
- Implemented database and data architecture monitoring technologies and procedures and proactively monitor the database systems and resources to ensure secure, stable, high-performing services with minimum downtime.
- Participated in the formulation and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards relating to database management, and working with the teams in the design and implementation of database security policies and integrity controls.
- Responsible for server database environment, including evaluation and assessment of technologies, versions, concepts and strategies.
- Implemented database backup and recovery technologies and procedures, as well as monitored, tested and issue resolution.
- Worked with the development teams on projects and systems in database modeling and design, creating/tuning/optimizing indexes, stored procedures, DTS/SSIS packages and SQL jobs, as well as assisted in troubleshooting, performance tuning and general problem solving of SQL development.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of SQL Server 2005/2008 databases on Windows 2003 Enterprise servers (32bit/64bit) in high availability environment, including reviewing, testing and implementing the database portion of third party software.
- Recommended server configurations, disk capacity, RAID groups and LUNs setup.
- Performed all changes and maintenance of the databases, including rollouts and upgrades, as well as testing and approving SQL Server patching.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 , SQL 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 10g, Oracle Grid Control, Oracle RAC Cluster, AIX 5.3, SQL Developer, Microsoft Access 2003/07, IIS, Windows 2000/2003 Clusters, Electronic Patient Records, Axium, Mipacs, VMWare, Active Directory, Tivoli Storage Manager.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Provided database administration and application support for Right Angle real time trading application on SQL 2000 and 2005 servers.
- Provided build implementation, migration, configuration, release and operations support.
- Implemented application upgrades, migrations, build executions, cycle testing and writing test plans.
- Refreshed SQL test and QA environments with new SQL databases, running DTS packages, handling SQL security, backup and recovery, jobs and connectivity issues
- Supported the overall IT control practices, remediation, action plan execution, QA, Production and systems certification.
- Re-engineered and remediate efforts for SOX application environments.
- Responsible for SOX controls, maintenance of compliance initiatives and support of platforms and applications.
- Directed and provided guidance in solutions for deployments, integration, testing, remediation and re-engineering efforts in Production.
- Interfaced with prospective platform owners on IT control and risk management practices in support of test and QA processes.
- Conducted sound analysis of the IT control environment, extracting and analyzing data from multiple sources and external counterparties to identify their needs/requirements and translating them into
- Performed prospective business solutions and IT control practices via systems design, development, and testing.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003 Servers, .NET, VSS, PowerBuilder 9.0, RightAngle S 4.0/8.0/8.3/8.4 , SQL 2000/5, IIS, Active Directory, Citrix, IIS, SAP, PowerBuilder 9.0, Batch Scheduling.
Application Support Analyst
- Duties included a combination of infrastructure and technical support, build implementation, capacity and monitoring planning and setup, configuration and release management, operate management for Global Credit Risk Management Portal and Loan MSM Calculator.
- Wrote capacity and monitored plan for Loan MSM Calculator infrastructure.
- Responsible for Site Scope setup and administration for the entire infrastructure.
- Implemented Weblogic, Windows and UNIX builds, executing SQL scripts for builds and releases.
- Resolved events and incidents escalated from Client Service Delivery Analysts and Client Service Delivery Managers.
- Documented infrastructure support procedures for senior level operations support.
- Content management for Weblogic Portal, research of data content and business questions.
- Worked with development teams to gather infrastructure requirements and assuring it’s preparedness for deployments.
- Presented Metrics and Trend analysis in weekly status meetings.
- Developed strong business partnership with Client Service Analysts, Application Developers and other technology infrastructure teams worldwide.
- Recommended and implemented process flow and other improvements with management approval.
Environment: WebLogic Portal 8.1.4, J2EE, Web Services, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Solaris 5.8, Site Scope, Embarcadero DB Artisan, Wily Introscope, Sybase, Lotus Notes R5.
Application Support Analyst
- Solely responsible for providing Application, Build, and infrastructure administration / support for a mission critical application called TRANSACT. An Experian/Scorex Credit management System integrated with Confidential .COM and Credit Bureaus, responsible for bringing in $6 Billion / 80 percent of company’s total revenue.
- Supported, administered and built EAI Webmethods infrastructure for entire DFS Architecture.
- Provided production yields and progress reports to IT managers and business segment managers.
- Led implementation of code changes, software changes, batches as well installing and setting up the entire web based interface at new product’s launch.
- Administered, supported, and installated of CONTROL M and Sysadmiral batch schedules for different IT systems in the environment.
- Installed, troubleshooting and executing Batch, Visual Basic, Java and Perl scripts using Active Xperts, CONTROL M and Sysadmiral.
- Implemented controls and solutions to improve production-processing ties.
- Wrote production documentation and verifying that documentation is consistently updated and validated by application owners prior to being presented to production staff for processing.
- Worked closely with management to implement controls and solutions to improve production-processing times.
- Monitored systems to ensure computer resources are available to all users according to production schedules.
- Monitored and approved Remedy system change requests and work orders, which have a direct impact on the production processing or production, control areas and respond to those requests.
- Organized and attended daily production meetings to discuss past problems and to coordinate upcoming production changes and then following up with the appropriate application owners.
- Analyzed and tested/validated disaster recovery and contingency plans for Disaster Recovery and Backup and Restore procedures.
Environment: Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Terminal and Cluster Servers, IBM AIX, SQL Server 2000, Oracle9i, EAI Webmethods 4x, SOAP, Web Services, CONTROL M Batch Scheduling, NT Batch and VB Scripts and Java Scripts, SysAdmiral, ActiveXperts, Experian/Scorex Transact Credit System, JD EDWARDS, Info lease, Transact Extracts and Reporting Tools.
- Administered 30 W2K Advanced servers running Epiphany 5.5/6/0 application servers.
- Worked and participated in a two million dollar SAP “Product ID” project to bring custom serial number functionality into the Compaq’s web based systems.
- Managed EDI projects and handling test and execution activities for Compaq Epiphany based projects.
- Led the upgrade on the entire e-commerce CRM suite to new Epiphany IP version 5.5.3.
- Used “Site Scope” to continuously monitor performance and testing of a company's business critical distributed systems—including Enterprise server resources, page downloads, times, errors per second, rejected requests from the application server and the availability of network services.
- Set up test environment, unit, functionality, system, and regression testing using test matrixes in the client/server environment.
Environment: Compaq DL360 Servers, Cisco Load Director, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, IIS, ASP, SAP, Oracle, SQL Server 2000, WebTrends, Visual Source Safe.