Senior Data Engineer
- Designed and developed new stored procedures for ETL, data management, and data analysis. Refactored existing stored procedures to add features and fix defects. Created functional and performance tests.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling to identify data quality issues and establish data lineage.
- Performed root cause analysis of ETL defects across multiple source, historical and BI database layers. Analyzed existing logic, and diagrammed and documented data flows, ETL algorithms, and business rules.
- Developed logic to automatically identify modules impacted by planned system changes, using the SAP HANA hierarchy framework to analyze HANA module metadata.
Data Analyst / Database Developer
- Performed data analysis on source systems, and on staging, data warehouse, and dimensional data mart layers. Created data profiling SQL scripts to research defects, analyze data lineage, and identify data quality issues.
- Developed SQL prototypes to refine new logic and establish data source suitability. Built tools to automatically compare as - is and to-be logic output.
- Created analysis and design artifacts for changed and new data targets. Reviewed business requirements, documented data transformations, and created/updated STM/STTM documents.
- Developed and refactored SQL scripts for go-forward ELT loads, historical updates, and deployment.
Senior Database Developer
- Designed and developed new fact, dimension, aggregate, and staging tables. Solutions generally used sophisticated Oracle materialized views to translate data integration structures into presentation-layer objects.
- Analyzed and refactored legacy ETL and presentation logic to meet new security and architectural goals.
- Developed DBA scripts to install and back-out complex database changes. Managed deployments from development through final go-live in production.
- Collaborated with business systems analysts to refine business requirements, and to test and document new features. Worked closely in an agile environment with system architect, production DBAs, ETL developers, and security teams to design solutions and implement new processes and standards.
- Made extensive use of Toad and ERwin, for example to perform data profiling, reconcile data structures between environments, and regression-test refactored objects. Created logical and physical data models/ERDs, dataflow diagrams, data dictionaries, and technical specifications.
Senior Data Analyst
- Built dashboards and other data visualization and monitoring tools to enhance visibility, insight, and responsiveness for data issues, using Tableau, SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, Python, and shell scripts.
- Did troubleshooting on complex data pipeline involving hundreds of heterogeneous data sources and a complex data ingestion architecture. Monitored the full data flow from data intake to production tables. Wrote scripts/automation for operations on large data volumes.
- Wrote and tuned queries on "big data" data volumes with SQL and procedural scripts. (Data warehouse involved a federation of over 20 Oracle instances. Some tables contained over 40 billion rows.)