- Having 7+ years of experience in Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing.
- Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of operational database systems (OLTP) and data warehouse systems (OLAP) using MSBI such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Worked on different projects with best industry standard experience implementation (SDLC), troubleshooting, presentation abilities and issue resolution capabilities.
- SSRS reports and SSAS models are presented to Decision Support Systems (DSS) for top management.
- Quick understanding of business and domain with source and target systems.
- Expertise in understanding Fact Tables, Dimension Tables and Summary Tables.
- Expertise knowledge and experience in deploying SSIS packages, SSRS reports and SSAS Cubes to DEV, TEST and PROD Server.
- Worked on performance improvement, ETL migration, Environment setup and admin activities.
- Experienced in enhancing data warehouse with extensive knowledge of Data mapping, Data Modeling, Snowflake, Star Schemas, ETL jobs and OLAP operations.
- Created interactive dashboards in Power BI reports, KPIs, scorecards that were presented to Business users, Program managers and End users.
- Expertise in What - If Analysis using Excel, Power Pivot Reports and Drill Through Dashboards using Warehouses and OLTP Connections
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine tuning the reports.
- Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS and Power BI.
- DAX query language used in Power BI SME,Power Bi Apps and Portal Development, Tabular Model of SSAS and MDX query language used in multidimensional model of SSAS.
- Master in performing administrative tasks: database files management, backup/restore, data integration and synchronization.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent and scheduled DTS/SSIS Packages, Tableau.
- Experience in SQL tuning using Hints, Materialized Views.
- Expertise in Functional testing, Manual Testing and Automated Testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), System testing and Integration testing.
- Experience in Agile and waterfall models to deliver the projects and used JIRA tool for Sprint planning and tracking the project status.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self-starter, enthusiastic, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate latest technologies concepts and ideas.
Database Tools: MSBI Data Tools 2005/ 2008/ 2012 (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Power BI, Power Excel, Power Pivot, Data Transformation Services (DTS)- Import/ Export Data, Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Tableau.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MS Access, DB2 and Teradata
Language: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, VB.NET, Java Script, HTML, Script and Query Languages for Cubes (DMX, DAX)
Data Modeling: Physical Modeling, Logical Modeling, Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact, Dimensions), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams.
Tools: and Utilities: Toad, ALM, Jenkins, Autosys, JIRA, Git and TFS
Operating System: Windows server 2008/2008 R2,2012,2014 Windows 7,8,10/XP and UNIX
SQL BI/Power BI DEVELOPER/Database Analyst
- Worked with business analysts for requirement gathering, business analysis and translated the Health Care business requirements into technical specifications to build the Enterprise data warehouse.
- Created various database objects as for business logic demands like Stored Procedures, Tables, Views, Indexes etc. based on user requirements.
- Created SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data into data warehouse. Health Care Claim processing.
- Created transformations to manipulate data using Lookup, Derived Columns, Conditional Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, SCD, Script component, Pivot, Unpivot, Merge etc.
- Used many Tasks like Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task and Script Task etc.
- Create Generic Reports and Dash boards in Power BI, KPIs, scorecards .
- Error Handling and Logging done to control and prevent data leakage.
- Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages.
- Auto scheduled the package through Jobs in SQL Server Agent.
- Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards, Power BI SME, PowerBI apps with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability and standardization.
- Designed Power BI data visualization utilizing cross tabs, Tableau, maps, scatter plots, pie, bar and density charts.
- Created reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing the SSAS tabular via Analysis connector.
- Report refresh and publish are auto scheduled in Power BI SME report server on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Used the Bulk Copy Program (BCP) to load the large volumes of data from files into tables.
- Mail Task used to send mails to client and admins about the scheduled package auto run status.
- The reports are generated on various Business Needs, Categories and demographics using SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS), Tableau.
- Created Table, Matrix, Tablix, Chart, Drilldown reports, Parameterized and Cascaded reports according to business requirement.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of T-SQL blocks.
- Utilizing the Azure platform for various cloud computing functions such as provisioning virtual machines and data management.
- Created ETL metadata reports.
- Designed complex reports like dynamically driven parameterized reports, reports with sub reports, drill through reports using SQL Server reporting services.
- Reports distributed based on defined roles like top executives, Business analysts and customer representatives.
- Involved in creating the Azure Services with Virtual Machine.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365.
- Created Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules
- Good experience of software development in Python (libraries used: libraries- NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas data frame, urllib2, MySQL for database connectivity) and IDEs - PyCharm, Eclipse, Jupiter Notebook .
- Have hands on experience on modeling in creating Attribute, Analytic and Calculation Views
- Used Erwin for data modeling and Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Extensively worked on Data Cleansing, Data Analysis and Monitoring Using Data Quality Services.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, MS Business Intelligence (MSBI), MS Excel, Oracle, JIRA,, Power BI, Git, and SQL Server Toad, Tableau.
BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)/Data Analyst
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, development and testing of the project.
- Installed and administered Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau.
- Designed and develop Dashboards and Reports using Power BI and SSRS .
- Solid knowledge of Data Warehousing, strategies for ETL, identifying Metrics, Dimensions, Hierarchies and design dimensional schemas (Star, Snowflake).
- Involved in managing slowly changing dimensions (SCD), De-Normalization, Cleansing, Conversion and Aggregation.
- Importing data to Power BI from various sources.
- Creating source and target table definitions using SSIS. Source data was extracted from Flat files, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2 Databases, Tableau.
- Responsible for cleansing up database for maintenance of the database.
- VB.Net and other .NET languages C# used in Script task to control the flow of SSIS packages.
- Created Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services .
- Created a resource group, storage account, and Azure Files in cloud Shell using PowerShell
- Experience object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts using Python
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Experience in developing scripts in SSIS to synchronize stored procedures, email output and log messages.
- Extensively worked on production support that includes Deployment of SSIS Packages into Development, Unit Testing, Production Servers, Creating, Scheduling and Managing the SQL Jobs.
- Involved in the data analysis for source and target systems and good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, staging tables, Dimensions, Facts and Star Schema, Snowflake Schema.
- Implemented Performance Tuning at various levels and created indexes (cluster and non-cluster index).
- Designed, Developed, Tested, Published and maintained Power BI Functional reports, Dashboards.
- Participated in design of Staging Databases and Data Warehouse/Data marts using Star Schema/Snowflakes schema in data modeling.
- Experienced working in the Agile methodology.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Power BI.
Environment: SQL Server, MS Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSRS), Oracle, DB2, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, Unix, Autosys, Power BI, Hive,, Confluence, Git, Sqoop and HDFS
Data Manifesto/SQL/ PYTHON Developer
- Worked with business users/Analytics team, data architects to identify the business requirements and developed designed document for ETL flow, analysis of database architecture, created various complex Packages using SSIS.
- Designed and Created database objects based on business requirements.
- Improved the performance of queries by introducing clustered and non-clustered indexes on tables in the database.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore from disaster recovery by using SQL Server 2008/2012 tools like SSMS, SQL Server Profiler.
- Experience in UNIX shell programming.
- Migrated existing DTS packages to SSIS.
- Experience in Designing, building the Dimensions, Cubes on star and snowflake schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for business analysis.
- Data Manifesto is a team which delivers data reports to the business user as per their requirements.
- Developed a reusable code snippet using python that delivers reports in CSV or Excel format and can deliver in different modes such as email and AWS S3
- Data is exchanged across the interdepartmental in columnar file formats like parquet or ORC.
- Input parameters are stored in a json file. Multiple reports are generated for the business requirements with minimal changes in json configuration file.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services including EC2, VPC, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS , Lambda, IAM
- Wrote and executed various MySQ L database queries from Python using Python- MySQL
- Strong Python Development experience with agile-like development processes, including continuous integration strategies
Environment: MSBI (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS), SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Unix, JIRA and TFS.