- Overall 8+ years of extensive experience in Database Solutions and BI Solutions using Microsoft Technologies.
- Experience in SQL Server as Database Administrator
- Experience in automating day - to-day activities by using Windows Powershell.
- Administration of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/2012/2014 for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & Data warehousing Systems (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Experienced in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and in Data centers.
- Worked on ETL Process creation and SSIS package Creation.
- Ability to create scripts using Azure Powershell during for automation and build process
- Excellent in writing customized Python scripts for automation, data parsing, database operations, data extraction, text manipulation, files parsing and reports generation.
- Configuring PostGreSql Streaming Replication and Pgpool for load balancing.
- Experience in upgrading and migrating various versions of PostGreSql database on different platforms.
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all the PostGreSql databases.
- Experienced in Automation using Python, specifically automating unit/manual test cases.
- Deployed SSIS packages from various Dev environments to QA and Prod.
- Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application.
- Experience in creating and scheduling SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Migration of Data from Reports generated by various vendors into PostGreSql Databases using PostGreSql Export/Import Procedures.
- Experience in database programming in writing Stored procedures, User Defined Data Types, Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, CTEs and Batch Scripts using T-SQL/PL-SQL
- Experience in writing Complex Shell Scripts that automate the Import of Reports to PostGreSql and MySQL Databases.
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Hands on experience working in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and Python /PHP) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Python /PHP) Architecture.
- Experience in working with Python ORM Libraries including Django ORM.
- Experience in AWS cloud platform features which include EC2, EBS, IAM, ELB, S3 and RDS.
- Excellent knowledge of performance tuning in tuning stored procedures, Queries using tools like SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plans, DMV's and Efficient coding standards.
- Detailed depth knowledge in Oracle Architecture, Greenplum Architecture, Data dictionaries and DBMS Packages.
- Experienced in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk.
- Viewing Greenplum table DDL.
- Append-optimized tables, including compressed append-optimized tables.
- Strong knowledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages using transactions, check points (package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures.
- Automated Greenplum DB, Command Center and PostgreSQL patching.
- Configured Greenplum DB and command center authentication thru LDAP.
- Experienced in performed partitioning of cubes as well as Cube optimization in order to increase the performance of cubes in SSAS.
- Experienced in Huge data migrations, huge data transfers, ETL processes using SSIS, DTS for Data warehouse implementation Projects involving conversion of data from heterogeneous sources like DB2, and Oracle, Sybase, Teradata.
- Highly experienced in full cycle of DTS/SQL server integration services (SSIS 2005/2008/2012/2014 ) Packages (Developing, Scheduling, Configuring, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing data transfers and ETL Purposes across different servers.
- Ability to migrate the code from one database to the other such as Oracle to GreenPlum.
- Interpreting and working with data models, data flows and data dictionaries, logical & physical Data modeling, Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 across various environments.
- Created SSRS projects and reports in BIDS, sort and toggle object visibility to modified report, assigned item level permissions and site security roles, created report schedules and subscriptions.
- Expert and proficient in highly analytical & detailed reports that include drilldown, drill through, parameterized (Cascading parameters), Top N, Summary, OLAP.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL, XML, HTML, DHTML, HTTP, Matlab, DAX, Python, JAVA, R & Base SAS,Pl/SQL, T-SQL
Databases: MS-SQL Server … Microsoft Access.
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), ETL, Self BI with Excel
Data Structure: Sorting, Priority Queues, Stacks, Hashing, AVL Tree, Binary tree
Protocols: Stop and Wait Protocol, Sliding window flow protocol
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) …, DTS Data warehouse, MS Visual Studio 2010/2012, Microsoft Visio, MS Office.
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) …
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) … Crystal Reports.
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio 2013, SQL Profiler, DQS, Toad for SQL server, Tableau, Power BI
Performance Tools: Spotlight, Foglight, Idera, Tivoli, SCOM, Erwin
Backup tools: Idera, Litespeed, Native Backup, Red Gate, Power Shell
Operating Systems: Windows Server … Linux, Unix.
- Wrote T-SQL queries to validate the error reports being given to the client and prepared T-SQL scripts for the Application team, Reports team during development.
- Extensively used various SSIS objects such as Control Flow Components, Dataflow Components, Connection managers, Logging and Configuration Files.
- Improved the performance of SSIS packages by enabling Parallelism in the Control and Data Flows, usage of synchronous transformations.
- Deployment of SSIS packages to the conversion server and create and schedule SQL Server Agent jobs to automate the run of SSIS packages on a weekly basis.
- Implemented high availability using Portal, Powershell on Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Worked in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and Python /PHP) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Python /PHP) Architecture.
- Created windows virtual machines and supported windows workloads using with ARM portal and Powershell.
- Used different tools from IDERA suite like SQL Diagnostic manager for monitoring 24/7 Performance measures, SQL Defrag Manager to effectively manage the hot fixes, SQL Virtual Database to access data in SQL backup files without restoring.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measure groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP Reporting needs. Created on 2014 SSRS.
- Ability to carry out security tasks at network level such as block/unblock TCP/IP ports through firewall on both Linux and windows and block/unblock remote access to MySQL server.
- Configuring/Installing/Troubleshooting Apache and PHP.
- Worked on converting Hive/SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDDs, Python, and OOP with Python.
- Design and implement disaster recovery for the PostGreSql Database.
- Developed complex T SQL code for Customer Imports and other interfaces for the PAT and Portal.
- Involved in Dimensional Data Modeling and Cube partitioning in SSAS.
- Created basic reports using CSV files as source to fetch the data in Power BI.
- Experience in creating master and child packages, using package configurations (SQL Server) and SSIS logging.
- Patch, Upgrade and keep the PostGreSql DBs current. Develop and enhance scripts to automate and execute various DBA tasks.
- Utilized SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) as an ETL Tool and created packages for the extraction of data from disparate sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel Source files, XML Files etc.) and loaded the data into target tables by performing data validation and cleansing using various transformations.
- PostGreSql Installation, Configuration, Migration, Upgrades and Patches. Server versions ranged from PostGreSql 8.2 to 9.5.
- Implemented the Master Child Package Technique to manage big ETL Projects efficiently.
- Understanding and analyzing the Oracle pl/sql code logic and implementing the same in GreenPlum PostGreSql.
- Created and implemented ARM templates from a deployment, deployed the template using the portal, Powershell, and using Azure quick start templates.
- Optimized T- SQL scripts used to feed reports and implemented ETL logic for faster loading and processing.
- Developed, documented, maintained and approved SQL Server Stored Procedures, SSIS Packages, Powershell Scripts.
- Modifying scripts to handle automated Loading/Extraction and Transformation (ETL) of data using (SSIS).
- Tuned Poor performing SQL Queries with SQL Profiler Trace and Query Analyzer
- Identifying, and documenting ETL Standards and best practices for the development team.
- Participated in creating data conversion and migration strategy, conversion design and conversion development documents. Participated in Data Modeling Sessions.
- Configured the scale up and scale down VM sizes, created virtual machine scale sets, configured the modify the VM scale set capacity with Powershell script.
- Hosted SSIS knowledge transfer, data quality issue meetings with the client on a weekly/biweekly basis.
- Worked with Managers to prepare WBS for SSIS/Database development work.
- Generated Custom ETL scripts using SSIS 2008 and unit test SSIS load processes for performance check.
- Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
- Created and configure SSIS logging to capture log-enabled events that occur at run time.
- Developed staging tables to house the data and developed exception/error handlers to prevent issues with data being written to the new DB within SQL SERVER SSIS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2010/2012, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, T-SQL, Docker, AWS, P SQL, Python,Visual Studio 2010/2012, SQL Server Profiler, Tableau, Dashboard, SQL Server Management Studio, Powershell
- Installed recommended service packs and security patches on production, test and development servers.
- Designed and worked with Different RDBMS and applications collecting customers information of all BU's into a Database and generated a Report on Customer's overall Expenditure and Business to Cargill Agriculture business.
- Created Linked Server to Oracle 11 to open query for SSRS.
- Performance Tuning to increase the speed and performance of CargillAg.com tuning hardware and software requirements.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts to develop the reports in SSRS.
- Upgraded Test and Production databases from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008R2.
- In SQL 2008R2 set up Database Partitioning to improve query performance.
- Introduced and Implemented Features like Data and Backup compression and transparent data encryption to reduce I/O and to maintain security respectively.
- Suggested and modified code and schema changes for database objects and scripts.
- Performed a Security Audit for all SQL and Sybase servers.
- Extensive experience using Data Mining tools Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Monitored growth of database objects for capacity planning and involved in tuning the database and T-SQL queries using SQL Profiler, Execution plan.
- Utilized Resource Governor to handle two applications on the Server.
- Supported and learned a very complicated Replication system between hundreds of Sybase and SQL Servers. Tuning Queries and Database performance using tools SQL Server Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Profiler, Perfmon and Best Practice Analyser.
- Good experience in working with high volume of transactions for OLTP & OLAP applications.
- ETL tool Running 24/7 transferring data between the SQL Servers.
- Experience in Shell scripting (Perl, power shell).
- Expertise in Using Third party tools like Dbartisan, SQL Developer, Sybase central to Oracle, Sybase servers Worked with TOAD and LiteSpeed for Backup and restore.
- Assisted in creation of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes for analysis
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting jobs, Backups and Restore database policies.
- Worked with Application Developers to design databases and tables to support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
- Thorough understanding of standard SOP's, SLA's and change control management process.
- Generating Reports as per the requirement using SSRS 2005/2008.
- Coordinated physical changes and performance monitoring of two replicated production servers and two development servers.
- Develop SSIS Packages to transform data from excel/Access file to SQL Server database.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Sybase ASE 12, 15. Sybase Replication 15 MS Access, Windows NT/2008/2003 Advanced Server, T-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS, PLSQL, UNIX, AIX servers.
- Installed and maintained SQL Server 2014 in multiple database environments, namely development, QA and staging.
- Responsible for performance tuning and optimization of SQL queries and indexes.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes, views and applied constraints.
- Developed SSIS packages using various Control Flow and Data Flow items to Transform and Load the Data using SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
- Scheduled the jobs to streamline and automate repeated tasks using SSIS.
- Used the SSIS Configuration files to make the packages connections, variables etc. configurable and maintained the same on Test and Production environments.
- Extracted and reviewed data from heterogeneous sources from OLTP to OLAP using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2014 including Claims, finance, Insurance.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS 2014.
- Designed SSIS packages to replicate the data from DB2, flat files and excel documents to the Staging Area in SQL server 2014.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Created objects, attributes, relationships and responsibilities that represented the core abstractions involved in business and technical services for the enterprise.
- Created SSIS log files and configuration files to store configuration and to log execution of packages.
- Scheduled Packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs, Monitoring jobs.
- Performed complex SSIS ETL operations to validate, cleanse, transform and load data to data warehouses.
- Created data loads and Upgrade scripts for data migrations and validations.
- Created complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic
- Created geo-spatial analyses In Tableau Desktop using built-in geocoding and generated latitude and longitude measures.
- Created interactive dashboards using parameters, actions and various data visualizations using Tableau Desktop.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, T-SQL, SSIS, MS Access, Windows 2010 server, SSIS, SQL profiler, ETL, Performance Monitor.
SQL Server/BI Developer
- Involved in the Requirement Analysis, Design phase and Development phase of SDLC model system.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to produce all required documentation.
- Worked with Product Development Team to architect Database Design and strategy.
- Worked with Business Users to architect Data Warehouse strategy based on reporting, analytical and dishoarding requirements.
- Develop and improve Microsoft Analysis Services cubes. Implement Automation into Oracle and Microsoft Analysis Services processes
- Convert existing manual Excel and Access datasets/reports into Analysis Services solutions Understanding of source code repository best practices (TFS), Developed SSAS cube development (tabular or MDX)
- Expert to develop fact and dimension tables from stored procedures and SQL script and ability to design and develop dimensional models and the supporting ETL
- Creating the OLAP cubes using various dimensions and creating SQL Server Analysis Projects using SSAS 2012. Adept in defining referenced relationships and calculated members in SSAS, creating OLAP structures from OLTP database.
- Developed database objects such as Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Triggers and Indexes using T-SQL and SQL Analyser.
- Created, insert, update and delete triggers on some tables in order to capture any DML activities happening on some crucial and confidential data.
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Developed SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and EXCEL files and Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic mails.
- Created OLAP models based on Dimension and Facts for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2014 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views)
- Reviewed and fine-tuned stored procedures and triggers before production migration.
Environment: Windows, MS SQL Server 2012/2014, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, TOAD, T-SQL, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Business Objects.
SQL Server/BI Developer
- Created new database objects like stored procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2008.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Created efficient, robust SSIS packages for data movement and loading with error checking and well documented code.
- Created SSIS Packages to integrate data coming from Text files and Excel files.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Built connections to/pulling data from AS400, mainframe/db2 and Oracle.
- Migrated old data from MS Access into SQL Server 2008 using SSIS Packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Deployed SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy /exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, this includes Error Handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Worked on Database Compression for different databases to save space across different environments.
- Wrote many stored procedures for cleaning, manipulating and processing data between the databases.
- Extensively used Joins and Common Table Expressions to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Experience in creating Multidimensional cubes using SSAS and designing DW schemas.
- Created DSV, Cubes, and Dimensions, DMX/MDX for SSAS Reports.
- Migrated and resolved conversion errors for Performance Point Server reports to SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence platform.
- Repaired/recreated PPS reports damaged in the conversion process.
- Scheduled the Packages in SQL Server Agent on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Document new SSIS packages and Train Senior Analyst on basic SSIS concepts.
- Interacted with vendors, developers and customers to manage the business requirements.
- Verified business requirements and functional specifications.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server OLAP 2000, Reporting Services 2005, T-SQL, MS Access, Windows XP/2003 Server, and Visual Studio 2008.