- Over 7+ years of IT Professional experience in development of applications built on Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 and Postgres 11/12.
- Hands on experience on Azure SQL, AWS EC2/RDS instances and web apps.
- Automate backup & recovery, patching, maintenance and performance tuning of SQL and Postgres databases.
- Hands on with High availability/Multi AZ,Read Replicas and disaster recovery planning and configuring for SQL Server and AWS RDS instances.
- Good experience with building database security using TDE, EBS volume encryption, KMS in AWS.
- Hands on migration experience with SQL server and Oracle on prem to RDS Postgres using AWS SCT and DMS.
- Expert in AWS Database technologies like AWS Aurora, RDS, Redshift,Dynamo and Neptune.
- Hands on experience with Big Data open - source technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka and ElasticSearch
- Strong Experience in SSIS,SSAS and SSRS .
- Highly experienced in ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using SSIS .
- Performance tuning of SQL/Postgres servers and SSIS packages for handling transactions at high volume.
- Expert in writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures for reports and ETL processes and Query Optimization .
- Proficient with python and C#, .NET framework/Core.
- Optimize, tune and enhance the SQL /Postgres database performance by using Performance Monitor, DMV’s, QueryStore,Execution Plans and AWS CloudWatch and RDS Performance Insights.
- Expert in design of Star and Snowflake Schemas for data warehouse database.
- Excellent Knowledge in developing and modifying multidimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Proficient in creating robust interactive dashboards, drill through reports, KPI’s for sales and operation managers using Power BI
- Publish reports/dashboards to Power BI cloud and manage user groups and permissions (row level and report level)
- Expert in developing parameterized, drill down and aggregation reports with cascading parameters, filters-user friendly dropdowns, text boxes in MS SQL environment using SSRS .
- Predict company financials using machine learning time series and neural network algorithms.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with solid communication and leadership skills to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C#, Python 3.5/3.6
Database: MS-SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 , MySQL
Tools: SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, Visual Studio 2012/2013/2017 , Microsoft Test Manager, MS Visio,SSMS, Lucid Charts, VSTS, Rapid Miner.
Environment: Microsoft Azure, AWS.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile and Scrum.
OS: Windows Server 2012,2016,2019
- Manage SQL, Postgres and Mongo database servers located on perm, AWS EC 2, RDS and Azure environments.
- Migration of SQL Server databases and applications to AWS EC2 instances
- Migration of MS SQL, Oracle servers and applications to RDS Postgres Serverusing AWS SCT and DMS.
- Automate backup & recovery, patching, maintenance and performance tuning of SQL and Postgres database.
- High availability/Multi AZ, read-replicas and disaster recovery planning and configuring for SQL Server and AWS RDS Instances.
- AWS EBS volume encryption
- Hands on experience on creating virtual machines, VPN, Azure SQL, AWS RDS instances and web apps on Azure and AWS.
- Active Directory integration to Postgres for better managing security around AD users and groups.
- Master Data Management, data governance and data quality.
- Performance improvement for SQL and Postgres servers: Index level, Query level, and server level.
- MDM to maintain golden records for the data models used across applications
- Maintain strict rules around Dev/ Test/UAT and Prod environments.
- Solid documentation and ensure all code is on GitHub before any project gets deployed to production.
- Manage database team in US, Russia and India.
- Organize Projects per epic/story and tasks in Jira.
- Involve in sprint planning, ensure stories/tasks are prioritized according to business requirements and dev team capacity.
- Organize deployments to ensure stable releases on a continuous basis
- Use Jenkins CI/CD pipeline to do app/database deployments.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, Postgres 11, Cosmos Mongo db, MuleSoft, Microsoft Azure, AWS RDS, SSIS, Tableau, SSRS, SSDT, GitHub, Jenkins, C#, .NET Core, Python 3.5 Visual Studio 2019, Windows Server 2019.
- Design database diagrams, develop and maintenance of SQL Server databases to support data related assessments, patients, diagnosis and lab results and client data.
- Design, develop and maintain a wide range of ETL workflows using SSIS.
- Parent-Child configurations, scheduling sequences of SSIS packages using SQL Agent.
- Work with different data sources: txt with different delimiters, excel, xml, json and efficiently bring data in databases
- Write complex stored procedures to generate dynamic columns on the fly, using SQL Server 2016 functions to read json and export them to normalized tables.
- Maintain all development work in GitHub repos.
- Build and maintain financial and accounting reports using SSRS.
- Develop .net core applications to meet the database related requirements.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, Postgres 11, SSIS, Tableau, SSRS, SSDT, VSTS, C#, .NET Core, Python 3.5 Visual Studio 2017, Windows Server 2016.
- Maintain Server level and database level security and permissions for the internal users.
- Create weekly maintenance plans to ensure the database server is up and running clean all the time.
- Identify performance bottlenecks on the SQL Server and resolve them for optimal performance of the server.
- Redesigned and developed the whole database to make the overall performance of the server better. Performance increased up to 70%.
- Maintain the jobs and job schedules in SQL Server Agent and windows task scheduler.
- Implemented Row Level Security on different tables to limit row level access to users.
- Setup in Memory OLTP tables for fastest data retrieval on the tables of regular use
- Automating the data uploads to the database with data files coming daily and weekly through SFTP, FTP, FTPS .
- Worked with python- report lab to generate pdf reports from the data coming from the database and email them to respective parties daily and weekly. Thus, by saving 1.5 man’s work every day.
- Currently working on GAP analysis within the servicing, secondary marketing, shipping, closing and post-closing teams to identify the gaps, manual process and streamline the gaps, automate most of the manual processes.
- Expert in Web Scraping with modules Selenium and Beautiful Soup using python .
- Created .net core console apps to automate MERS registration which saves 100 hours of work every month.
- Call vendor Rest API to get the data and load it to the database using python http requests.
- Implemented Dynamic Data Masking to Mask the columns containing sensitive data
- Design and deploy Incremental loads packages using SSIS.
- Create dynamic interactive dashboards using Power BI and publish to Power BI cloud.
- Create DAX queries and measures to transform to the reports needs in Power BI.
- Use Power Query, Power Pivot, Pivot charts to create drill down/drill through reports in Power BI.
- Manage user groups and permissions (row level and report level) to access Power BI reports
- Building Machine learning algorithms to predict the company revenue for the next 3 months.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, Microsoft Azure, SQL Server Integrations Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, SQL Server Data Tools, VSTS, C#, .NET Core, Python 3.5 Visual Studio 2017, Windows Server 2012 R2.