- Utilized software consisting of Visual Studio 2005 - 2015, C#, MVC, API Web-Services, CSS, Html5, Jscript, SQL 2005-2014, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS reports.
- Developed and maintained company web pages, web applications, and internal applications using 3 Tier, C#, .Net technologies/languages.
- Communicated effectively with internal and external clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Worked with internal and external clients to gather requirements on all of the following.
- Designed and developed learning system to launch, track and score Web based training with progress reporting.
- Designed and developed a training evaluation system used to evaluate training taken to ensure training was valued and needed for the employee’s job.
- Lead team in the design and development of system to schedule supplier classes and process billing by external suppliers in order to improve accuracy and reduce headcount needed to support previous model.
- Designed and developed a training database that converted corporate training data into a model that all downstream application could use. This was done to isolate any corporate database changes from the applications and to format the data to what the applications needed.
- Designed and developed a resource modeling tool that took a set of tasks, schedules, and resources needed per task and generated a gaunt chart of required resources per week and allowed user to modify time and resources to balance the schedule.
- Developed other web pages and web applications as needed by our customers.
- Provided on-call support and problem resolution for all applications owned by the department.
- Ability to effectively solve and interpret a complex information.
Sr. Database Developer
- Developed ETL and queries for Power BI reporting system Including SSIS ETL from multiple server sources and transformation of data from a relational database structure to a data warehouse in Fact and Dimension structure.
- Designed and Developed ETL, Data Mart, Databases and queries for new reporting system support.
- Updated Excel scripts. Created Excel file upload into SQL Database.
Sr Database Architect
- Designed and Developed ETL, Data Mart, Databases and queries for new Financial system to support downstream applications and reports.
- Supported 20+ database servers.
Sr Software Developer
- Researched and prototyped multiple tools and processes including File Upload, Knockout,.KnockoutJS, Log4Net, NLogger, DateRange Control, ServerSide DB processing, AutoMapper, AngularJs, VS Unit Testing, VS Load Testing Co-developed applications using MVC, Entity Framework, Knockout.
- Developed ETL to load data from a database Cube into an application relational db.
Sr Software and Database Architect
- Designed and created a SQL Data Mart and ETL process that took corporate data from a relational database and transformed the data into a de-normalized format for downstream applications to use. the requirements were that the data in the de-normalized database had to be “Near Real Time”, (less than 10 minutes from change in original system and change in the de-normalized database, and no noticeable impact on the source database.
- The corporate database did not have any data change indicators so the system needed to data compare to figure out what changes happened since the last update. CDC was implemented on the source database and the results sent to the destination system (the new de-normalized system). An SSIS package was created to read the CDC data which created logs on which data was inserted, updated, or deleted.
- Another SSIS package was created read the log files, then transform the data to the de-normalized format, then insert, update, or delete the changed records in the de-normalized system.
- Initially the SSIS packages were run every 15 minutes and after some tuning it was set at every 5 minutes. There was > 50 million records with an average of 2000 record changes per hour. In addition, we setup the system using SQL HADR to ensure the data was always available.