I have enjoyed a successful career in database engineering as an expert resource in database ( transactional and data warehouse ) involving the design, complex programming, analysis and delivery ( ETL & ELT ) of that data into data marts, analytic formatting, BI reporting (paper, spreadsheet, and online delivery) systems.
Hardware: PC, Laptops, Servers, Wireless networks
Operating Systems: Linux and unix (database centered), All Windows
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, T - SQL, TSQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Transact SQL, Visual Basic (vb) Version(s) 3,4,5,6, and .net (dot net), Sql Server Data tools for Visual Studio 2013, MS Access Basic, Access SQL, ANSI SQL, SQL, MYSQL, UML, HTML, VBScript.
Technologies/Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, ODBC, OLTP, OLAP, ActiveX, Active Reports, Visual Source Safe, MS Project, Word, Excel, SQL Loader, SQL Server Agent, Seagate Crystal Reports (11), Access Reports, Microsoft Data Access Projects, SQL Query Analyzer, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Alerts and Jobs, Database Modeling and Design, DB Designer, Backup and Restore, DDL, performance and tuning, CRON Jobs, TOAD, SQL Navigator, Talend and query optimization.
Concepts: Data warehousing design (OLAP) and development. data marts, design . Transaction databases (OLTP), ETL, CRM, EDW
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server version(s) 2016 / 2014 / 2012 / 2008 / 2005 / 2000/ 7.0/ 6.5, MS-Access 2005/2000/ 97/ 95/ 2.0, Oracle 7/ 8/ 8i/ 9i/ 10g/11, DB2, MYSQL, MY SQL, PLSQL PL SQL .
Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) Azure
- Model database designs
- Stored procedures
Confidential - MA
- Large data warehouse query and ETL Specialist
- Write SQL Server 2017 queries to bring new tables from the main transactional database to the data warehouse
- Source Mart Data from Health Catalyst
- Improve the performance of SQL queries that must access billion row tables
- Found multiple cases where non-clustered indices were not needed by using a breakdown of large complex queries into simpler tasks and temp tables
- Dynamic data masking of EDW database tables using rule-based conditions within tables and using stored procedures to implement.
- Scheduled jobs
- Maintenance system
- Cell level and always encrypted columns of EDW database tables (Server and Azure applications)
- Learned Tableau and used for data visualization samples.
Confidential - Woburn, MA
- Built and launched four clients fund of fund trading and pricing in under a year.
- Support and improve six clients and nine database systems.
- Work with NSCC programming for pricing and trading.
- Built transfer agency (TA) and GTC clients for fund allocations and fees during pricing
Confidential - Cambridge, MA
MySql Database developer and ETL SpecialistResponsibilities:
- Within the Amazon web services (AWS) Aurora & S3
- Wrote sql queries, functions and stored procedures against MySQL databases.
- Created tables
- Designed and delivered
- Pentaho workflow jobs and transformations.
- Bash shell scripts for API ETL jobs
- PHP scripts for API ETL Jobs
- Curl script information from API OAUTH for Ad revenues from Facebook, Twitter, Google Adwords.
Database and Crystal Reports developer
- Responsible for Database design, modification, and modeling for SQL Server 2008
- Responsible for T-SQL,SQL,and Crystal Programming
Database developer/SSIS specialist/SSRS Specialist
- Responsible for SSIS, SSRS, Database design, modification, and modeling for SQL Server 2012 and 2014
- Responsible for T-SQL, PL/SQL and SQL Programming
- Accomplished initial Agile Sprint for Master data warehouse
- Accomplished the SSIS for APCD data
- Used technologies like Sql Server Data tools for Visual Studio 2013 for SSIS programming on SQL Server 2014 databases.
- Accomplished multiple Agile sprints to develop data warehouse designs and program ssis packages to keep them filled and maintained
- Data used was mostly Mass Health data brought in with SSIS scripts I wrote and parceled out to databases using SQL and SSIS. This date is in excess of 10 million rows.
SQL Applications Developer
- Responsible for SSIS, SSRS programming on SQL Server 2008 R2
- Responsible for T-SQL and SQL programming
- Responsible for BI development on Talend
- Accomplished development and release of the CENSEO SSIS and SQL data project
- Accomplished development and release of the MATRIX SQL project.
- The data was medical and pharmaceutical information being corrected, updated, and inserted with SSIS and the creation of stored procedures.
- The records also interacted with MassHealths database which is in excess of billions of rows
Database Programmer/Administrator and Report Designer
- Responsible for ETL with PL/SQL and SSIS
- Responsible for SSRS (Reporting Manager) and Crystal Reporting Systems
- Responsible for Migration of SQL Server DB from old server to new virtual one.
- Responsible for Oracle and Sql Server Database systems with OLTP and OLAP warehouse
- This data relates to the health care organizations licensing procedures
Senior Database Engineer
- Responsible for 44 servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 instances
- Responsible for performance tuning, backups on AWS S3, database architecture on AWS EC2.
- Performed ETL work on dozens of SQL Server Databases using T-Sql and SSIS that were in 44 Instances of EC2 AWS
- System engineer and architect of 42 databases with more than a terabyte of data
- Migration of local server host based sql server databases to Cloud AWS
- Designed a bulk export/insert delivery system for the data transfer of 1,000,000 records per day to use with scraper software.
- Responsible for the performance of Web Scraper Plus packages; approx 800+ across the cloud by tuning the SQL Server Instance memory.
- Reported directly to the CEO
Senior Database Developer
- Created SSAS cube for Claims Reporting from Genius Datamart
- Modified SSIS projects and packages for 2 nd quarter goals
- General SQL scripting for analysis, package, and cube preparation
Senior Database Developer (pl / sql and T-sql)
- Created Technical Specification for Charges Data Store
- Working with teams of product owners to ensure quality of data.
- Created the data model in Toad data modeler for Charges Data Store
- Created tables, indexes, sequences for tables in the model
- Created store package, procedures, and functions in oracle 10g
- Working with views and tables in Sql Server for ETL processes in Charges Data store
- Created SQL Loader ETL processes.
- This data relates to medical data for the companies million plus clients and the operational payment structures.
Sql Server 2008 consultant
- Created SSIS packages for the ETL loads to handle bookings, sales details, orders, and inventory.
- Created SSAS cubes for the EDW to handle a business expression of supplies purchased from three of their divisions.
- Created a report using SSRS
- Performed analysis of the client's NY data to put into a data dictionary.
- Performed analysis of the client's NY data to form a target table to source table document to aid the ETL (loading) of the client's data
- Performed the data warehouse design for the client's NY data and modeled tables in the Sql Server 2008 database.
- Created SSIS packages to load the NY data into the data warehouse.
- Created a database design using db designer 4.
Database and Reporting Consultant
- Consultant built SSIS packages to import data from Health Medical Systems into the HCP tracking database for SQL Server 2005.
- The purpose being to track all expenditures resulting from BSCI courting any health professional about their products.
- Consultant designed database design modifications to accept incremental updates from HMS.
- Consultant acted as a mentor to a junior coder in T-SQL and SSIS.