- A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert with over 8 years of strong MS SQL Server Developer experience with expertise in analysis, design, development and implementation of cost - effective, high quality, high performance and innovative technology solutions.
- Strong Expertise in MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005 suite of products like SSIS, SSRS.
- Over 3 years of Experience with Azure Services as an Azure Cloud Developer.
- Hands - on experience in Azure Cloud services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, application Insights, Logic Apps, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring.
- Experience in SDLC Life Cycle for Design, Development and Staging Phases of the projects with documenting Dataflow, Process Models, E-R Diagrams.
- Strong Knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including Star Schemas, Snowflakes, ETL Processes, dimensional modeling, and Reporting Tools.
- Experience in creation/review of Functional Requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, Functions and SQL joins.
- Designed complex reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and adhoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)based on client requirement.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Experience in developing and extending MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2008/2005 (SSAS) cubes.
- Worked in normalizing databases for OLTP environments and de-normalizing tables for use in OLAP environments.
OS: Windows 2003/2008/NT, Windows XP/ 7
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Programming Languages: SQL, C, C#.Net, VB.Net, SharePoint
ETL Tools: SSIS, SSRS, Cognos
Database Management Skills: Microsoft SQL server 2008/2012/2014, Reporting Services, Data Flows, Error Handling, Performance tuning, Advanced SQL Querying & Programming, Package Deployments, Migrations.
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
Senior Analyst, Application Development
- Led a team of 5 Software Engineers to supervise Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) development via SSIS.
- Directed SQL Server development & deployed Data Warehousing concepts like star schema, snow Flake, etc.
- Implemented several T-SQL features like partitioning, Error Handling, Common Table Expression (CTE)
- Designed complex packages for ETL to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, Excel Files, SQL Server, and OLE DB.
- Monitored Full/Incremental Daily Loads and rendered support for all scheduled ETL Jobs.
- Documented Functional and Business requirements and reviewed the solution architecture for several ETL Projects.
- Led 3 Engineers for management & migration of traditional infrastructure to cloud based automated infrastructure.
- Played a key role in architectural discussions to design solutions & ensure successful deployment & security in the cloud.
- Create Solution Architecture based upon Microsoft Azure PaaS Services.
- Knowledge on Azure App services, kubernetes Services, Storage Services, Azure Virtual Machines and Networking.
- Design, Develop and Maintain Software Applications Critical to the Operations of Confidential by incorporating peripheral Knowledge of other Confidential Applications and related technologies in the analysis and design of complex technology solutions.
- Develop and implement technical solutions as assigned.
- Adhere to all established Confidential Methodologies, standards and Guidelines, including, but not limited to Technical analysis and design documents; Requirements Specifications; Risk and Gap analysis; Test Plans and Results; Quality Reviews and User Acceptance Testing; Design; Code; Debugging; AND Documentation of those programs while delivering assignments within specified time frames.
- Conversant with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving system Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Worked with various business groups while developing their applications, assisting in Database design, creating E-R diagrams, ADD Documents, Technical Specifications, Migration Documents, IQ-OQ Forms.
- Proficient in TSQL queries using Stored Procedures, Views, Cursors, User Defined Functions, Joins, Sub queries etc. and checked the code for efficiency under different Scenarios.
- Created and maintained various databases for development, testing and production environment using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
- Involved in developing customized SSIS components.
- Involved in DR plan activities and created Disaster Recovery documents.
- Created several Reports using SSRS as per business needs.
- Knowledge of CMS policies and processes with expertise in Part D.
- Created necessary documentation for Unit testing and migration testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSMS, T-SQL, Windows 7, Visual Source Safe, SVN, Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012, Share Point 2010, SSRS, COGNOS.
SQL BI Developer
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, Excel and Flat Files).
- Created Configurations to make package portable and created Event handlers for handling package error.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Created and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Scheduled and maintained packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Created Project Expense Statements and other Financial Reports using SSRS. Developed yearly and quarterly hospital expense reports.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report using SSRS and used Report subscription (Data Driven and Email) to publish reports.
- Tuning SQL query for better performance using SQL Profiler.
- Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Documented all work, so user can easily understand the flow of process.
- Delivered SQL server reports to SharePoint to enhance team collaboration.
- Created various dashboard reports and deployed on SharePoint server.
- Created custom SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports.
- Exposed to Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Involved to planning and designing SSAS cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS, T-SQL, Windows 7, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, Share Point 2010.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SQL BI Developer
- Developed, implemented and maintained various database objects such as Stored Procedures, Cursors, Triggers, Indexes and Views.
- Created User Defined Functions, Triggers to store data into appropriate tables as and when data arrives and created indexes to the tables that have least updates to improve the query performance.
- Worked on Structure exceptional handling of stored procedure by adding error handlers and updated application related stored procedure in team foundation server.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Modified the existing SSIS Packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule SSIS Packages.
- Documented the ETL process and also issues encountered during UAT and production support for ease of future maintenance.
- Created reports using Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on client requirement.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Developed complex Stored Procedures, Functions, packages, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views, Indexes and other SQL joins.
- Created various levels of triggers and procedures to validate the data at each level.
- Extensively involved in writing PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages.
- Reviewing/Validating Data across all the Source and Target databases as the ETL Packages Execute.
- Documenting the entire ETL Processes and Front end Applications for End Users.
- Develop and deliver reporting solutions using MS SSRS 2008.
Confidential, Tyler, TX
Graduate Research Assistant
- Involved in gathering real time data, controlling processes, and monitoring equipment from remote locations.
- Involved in creating user interface to control remote assets and processes in real time.
- Assisted in writing SQL queries for further research.
- Generated reports, test data and tested database to meet the functionalities/deliverables in the project.
- Trained in Tuning SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, functions.