- A SQL Developer/DBA/System Integrator/BI developer, primarily using the Microsoft BI product set, SQL server /SSIS/SSRS and some exposure to SSAS across various versions.
- Over the last 18 years the majority of my work has been using various versions of SQL, most recently SQL Azure. I also have an additional 10 years experience using other database systems including Oracle and Ingres.
- For the last 6 years, I have been working in the Higher Education sector where I have gained experience with the student record system (SITS), Enterprise Service Desk (ESD), MONDASS (Accounting system), BOND PPS (HR System), IRIS Donor Strategy (Alumni, Fundraising and Contact Management) and AGRESSO (Finance).
- As well as some lesser - known systems like LANDESK, KINECTIC and Resource link from a user perspective as well as integrating to other systems to allow data to flow between those systems, which usually means custom built procedures/applications.
- In the roles I have undertaken, particularly in recent years, I have had to use a combination of Development/DBA skills and a requirement to migrate legacy systems to Virtual Server, to performance tune according to requirements of the application to extract the best performance.
- More recently I have been using SQL in the Azure environment, including the data factory Azure SQL database and Azure Storage.
- Import and disseminate data feeds depending feed type with can include JSON, XML and flat file formats
- Produce SQL Script to generate a relational data map of Rail Station compatible with the Companies Web Application
- Provide operational information regarding Rail data feed s and how they work.
- Working with colleagues on Test scenarios.
- Migrated scripts and data to Azure SQL infrastructure and optimised for use.
- Migrating a NoSQL database to Azure environment due to the constraints of the NoSQL database.
- Using Azure Data Factory for automated tasks and data transfer
- Building Reporting infrastructure including SSRS installation, as well as writing reports for internal and external consumption.
Application Support Analyst
- Migrate Excel files from standard Windows drives to Microsoft Teams
- Setup migration laptops install required software, configure local database using SQL Server
- Assist and support the users to migrate files and other system interaction
- Update and fix broken files links in SharePoint either by setting up the automatic tool (Linkfixer) or manually fix sheets
MS Office File Remediation
- Convert ADP (Access data Project(s) to allow this to work with Access 2016 (Office 365) and Windows 10 environment
- Debug Excel spreadsheets also with a view of conversion from office 2010 to Office 365 into the Windows 10 environment
- Assist with Database issues related to performance and optimisation
- Fix and correct database connection issues
- BAU support as and when required
- Build reports on top of Tribal SITS independent of the internal reporting tools
- Convert base queries to standard procedures to be reused by all reports
- Create functions where required for reports to make it easier to include within datasets
- Look at overall structure and re-order report folders
- Convert Report to use standard SQL procedures and convert main query to procedures where required
- Develop import SQL script to populate target database after the base data has been imported via ftp
- Produce migration script to take raw flat files and load and then extract relevant sales data into a Data model, based on the Wex current production system
- Liaise with external parties when dealing with issues related to the data extracts.
- Writing data extract for reports and associated data requirements
- Produce Migration Scripts to extract data from a Resourcelink Database
- Extract Data from the Oracle Payroll database into a standalone SQL server instance
- Produce extract scripts per specification to the new Payroll system (COREHR).
- Help debug extracts for UAT Payroll System when available.