- Database Administrator with six (7) years of professional experience as MS SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)/Developer/ETL Developer with Windows Admin Experience including Data Modeling
- Report Development (SSRS), Deployment, Database Migration, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, High Availability Solutions including AlwaysOn & Clustering, SQL/TSQL scripts, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Constraints, Data Security, Row/Column Level Encryption, TDE (Transparent Data Encryption), Dynamic Data Masking, and using third party tools like RedGate, Idera, SolarWinds, OpNet, SpotLight, ERWin, Toad Data Modeler and Toad for SQL Server Admin.
Databases: SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2 and Oracle 11g.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Enterprise Manager, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Index Tuning Wizard, BCP, SQLCMD, Upgrade Advisor, SQL Configuration Manager, Client and Server Network Utilities, Surface Area Configuration.
Database/ETL Tools: Profiler, DTS, BIDS, Management Studio/Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SSIS, SSRS, Execution Plan, Activity Monitor, Tuning Advisor, Upgrade Advisor, Extended Events.
Reports Development/Management: Report Development, deploy, manage, migrate, and upgrade reports and Report Server. Strong expertise on configuring and managing Report Server such as SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), developing report using BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio), SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools), and Report Builder, using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel to map with SQL Server for data manipulation and Data Analysis.
Data Modeling: ERWin, Toad Data Modeler, SSDD.
Programming: SQL, T - SQL, Scripting, debugging, SQL Query performance tuning, including stored procedures, Functions, Triggers.
SSIS/DTS: DTS, SSIS Package create, manage, deploy, upgrade and migrate packages.
Database Upgrade/ Migration: Migrated SQL Server to SQL Server and also migrated non-SQL Databases to SQL Server using SSMA, SSIS & DTS.
Performance Tuning: Server Optimization and Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Experience in resolving Dead Locks or long running queries. Experienced in using different Tools - Profiler, Execution Plan, Database Tuning Advisor, DMV, Windows Performance Monitor, and Idera SQL Diagnostic.
Database High Availability: Configured and administered High Availability Solutions like Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn, Replication, Log shipping, and Clustering.
Windows Server and Active Directory: Installed and Configured Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2, Created VM and AD (Active Directory).
Security: Secured Database, Data using Principal/Roles, Data Encryption, TDE (Transparent Data Encryption), Row/Column Level Encryption, Dynamic Data Masking (DDM).
Application Server: Administered IIS application server, deployed applications
Service Pack: Applied Service Pack (SP) and Hot Fixes for Databases and Operating Systems.
Documentation: HTML, DOC, DOCX and PDF format.
Third Party Tools: Idera, Erwin, and Toad for SQL Server Admin.
Web Technologies: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL,XML, HTML, VBScript, ASP, .Net Technologies VB. NET, ASP.NET
Dot Net Technologies: .Net Technologies VB. NET, ASP.NET
Development Tools: Visual Studio (VB), Visual Studio2010/2012, 2015, BIDS, SSDT.
Confidential, Washington, DC
SQL Server DBA/ETL Developer
- Monitored Server Activity and Solved problem as needed.
- Performed database monitoring, performance tuning, index and statistics management.
- Monitored Server’s activity and worked with clients to solve different problems.
- Managed SQL Server Error Logs, space usage and growth pattern.
- Managed DEADLOCK, BLOCK, LOCK and Session Management.
- Performed SQL Query Tuning.
- Created and managed Indexes using automated process for Rebuild and Reorganize Indexes.
- TempDB configured adding multiple files and filegroups for better database performance.
- Created and managed multiple files and filegroups for large databases to improve performance.
- Partitioned large Databases for better performance.
- Tools used:
- Third Party tools (Idera, RedGate, OpNet, and SolarWinds).
- Disk, CPU, Memory Utilization.
- Added disks, Moved/Deleted old backups to free up space.
- Cleanup history and logs.
- Monitored login issues, sessions, jobs, error logs, Windows event logs.
- Monitored file growth, and performed actions as needed.
- Worked on tickets, backlog using ticketing tools.
Work Environment: Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, AD (Active Directory), SSIS, Reporting/SSRS, IIS, Dot Net, and J2EE Apps.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Database Admin/Database Architect
- Database Programming: Wrote T-SQL, Trigger, and Stored-Procedures, Assisted Database Developers to optimize SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- ETL Tools: Used ETL tools like DTS, SSIS, Import/Export, BCP (Bulk Copy), to import & export data from flat files, and excel to MS SQL Server databases.
- Export & Import: Data from/to Oracle, MySQL, and Access Database including flat files like text, Excel, and CSV files to SQL Server 2014/2012.
- Report Development: Installed, Configured, and administered SQL Server Reporting Services. Developed Reports using SSRS, Deployed Reports, Developed Ad-hoc Reports using Report Builder 3.0, 2.0.
- Database High Availability: Installed, Configured and Maintained Failover Clustering using SQL Server 2008/2005. Installed, Configured and Maintained Database Mirroring using automatic failover option in SQL Server 2008. Configured Log Shipping as Standby database from Production database for Reporting purposes. Configured and Maintained Replications.
- Database Upgraded: SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 and 2008R2 to 2012.
- Database Migration: Migrated MS Access 2003/2000/97 databases into MS SQL Server. Migrated Oracle 10g, MySQL into MS SQL Server 2008R2.
- Data Modeling: Worked on more than 10 data modeling projects and generated E-R Diagram. Data modeling tools used SQL Server Data Diagram.
- Database Monitoring/Performance Tuning: Strong on database Monitoring and Performance tuning. Scheduled jobs to automate different database related activities including monitoring database health, disk space, and backup verification. Monitored SQL Server Error Log, space usage.
- Used DBCC to check database conditions, Rebuilding indexes and other database Maintenance purposes as well.
- Backup/Recovery: Strong knowledge and working experience in Database Backup and Disaster Recovery. Experienced with Point-in-Time Recovery, Restored Database from backup.
Work Environment: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2, SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2005, AD (Active Directory), Applications - Registration System, Reporting System, Booking System, Timesheet, Payroll & HR.