- Having 7+ years of IT experience as Microsoft SQL Server developer implementing SSIS and SSRS using Microsoft Business Intelligence development studio (MSBI), SQL Server data tools (SSDT) and Power BI.
- Developed SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from SQL Server.
- Can handle data coming from various data sources and destinations like excel, flat files, csv files.
- Creating and working with IMPORT and UPLOAD options for Dataset Creations
- Expertise in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Experience on with Divergent Properties, Conditional Formatting, Column Formatting and Table Bars
- Experience on with Big Data Sources including Azure SQL Database over Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2017/2019.
- Experience on Developing various Power BI reports using Visuals and Visual Properties including Tree Map, Pie Chart, Funnel, Scatter Bar Chart and Column Charts
- Strong Knowledge in dimensional Star Schema and Snowflakes Schema.
- Hands on experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization
- Strong Knowledge on Power BI to import data from various sources such as SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular Model), MS Excel etc.
Power BI Developer
Confidential, Chicago (IL)
- Imported data from SQL Server DB, Azure SQL DB to Power BI to generate reports.
- Transformed business requirements into functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Designed Data Model in Power BI Designer according to the Structure and Hierarchy of Data.
- Formatted the reports as per the business requirements.
- Used Power BI, Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Implemented Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify the data to generate the reports.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to - date with on premise data sources.
- Generated computed tables in Power BI by using Dax.
- Created Azure Blob Storage for Import/Export data to/from .CSV File.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Experience on with Column (Field) Grouping, Hierarchies Creations and Usage
- Experience on with Drill Ups, Drilldowns, Expand Fields to next level and Expand All Levels
- Experience on with Edit Interactions and Bookmarks including Buttons and Actions.
- Explore data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
- Implemented code check-in/check-out and managed multiple versions of complicated code within TFS.
- Provisioned VMs with SQL Server on cloud utilizing Microsoft Azure and setting up communication with the help of endpoints.
- Gathered and analyzed client requirements; analyzed and compared various SIEM solutions using SWOT analysis.
- Recommended additional features that could lead to performance improvements and better security.
- Migrated enterprise database to Microsoft Azure with Redgate and azure data factory.
Environment: Microsoft Power BI Service, Power BI desktop, DAX, SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSMS, Excel, SSRS, SharePoint, TFS, DTA, SQL Profiler, MS Azure, Data Factory, Visual Studio, C#.
Power BI Developer
- Developed Dashboards and Reports with Excel, SQL Server, SharePoint List and Report Server data sources using Power BI Service Desktop tool.
- Involved in database development using stored procedures, triggers, views and cursors.
- Created Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, functions.
- Embedded Power BI reports on SharePoint portal page and managed access of reports and data for individual users using Roles.
- Generated dashboards in POWER BI Desktop and POWER BI Service using super-fast slice and dice and modern data visualization features.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Utilized Power BI (Power View) to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs such as legal case matter, billing hours and case proceedings along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, POWER BI, Tableau or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Extracted data from Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel and XML using SSIS and cleanse the data.
- Performed data messaging operations using DAX expressions and M code in Power BI.
- Developed Power BI Apps to deliver key metrics to multiple groups within the organization.
- Shared Power BI reports and dashboards to various users’ groups using app workspace.
- Set-up data alerts on Power BI dashboards to update stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating datasets using T-SQL Stored Procedures and involved in Data visualization.
- Configured Power BI enterprise data gateway for scheduled data refresh of Power BI datasets.
- Created reports using multiple data providers such as Universes and personal data files in generating reports.
Environment: Power BI, SQL Server 2012, SSRS, T-SQL, DAX, SQL Server, Power BI Desktop, Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, C#, Visio, Share Point Jira, SQL Profiler.
SQL Server BI/SSIS/ETL Developer
Confidential, Dallas (TX)
- Highly responsible for data transformation from various formats to company’s format on a weekly basis. Managed external client project contracts from technical consultation to delivery of projects.
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Created Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedure and Triggers. Used multiple join statements to retrieve data and update the tables. Created Backend validations using Insert/Update and Delete triggers.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Worked in transferring the data using SQL Server Integration Services packages Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard for performing the ETL operations.
- Utilized Integration Services (SSIS) to produce a Data Mart for reporting.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Expertise in creating Property Expressions, Script Tasks for SSIS packages
- Migrated DTS objects to SQL Server Integrated Services environment, migrated data from SAS environment to SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012 via SQL Server Integrated Services
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, triggers, database links and privileges.
- Designed, created and reviewed primary objects such as views, indexes based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL server Reporting service (SSRS).
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as lookup, merge, derived column, data conversion, conditional split and aggregate for creating SSIS ETL Solution.
- Responsible for creating cubes and dimensions using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created business critical KPIs using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Calculated measures and dimension members using MDX, mathematical formulas and user defined functions.
- Used Transformations such as Union All, Merge and Breakpoints in SSIS.
- Generated ETL Packages tasks daily using SQL Server Agent jobs by scheduling and manually configured.
- Used all types of container tasks such as for loop, for each loop and sequence container in SSIS.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008R2.
- Generated Sub-Reports, drill down reports, drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS for different Regional Sales Head by Monthly and Quarterly Report.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Used SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing the events which occurred during a particular time horizon and stored in script.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2008R2.
Environment: Windows 2003 Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Pentaho SQL Server 2008R2, MS Access, T-SQL, Crystal Reports, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Visio, Visual Studio 2008.
SQL Server BI/SSIS/ETL Developer
Confidential, Columbus (OH)
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models.
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server 2008 along with Visual Studio on a network domain system.
- Created logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuring of SSIS packages.
- Created OLAP cubes and dimensions for the analysis of specific areas using SSAS.
- Developed and maintained a combined data store for reporting purposes.
- Generated reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries and defined datasets for report generation.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2008.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for the managers.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2008.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP/OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Tested the reports and fixed bugs in the stored procedures.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands and the troubleshooting of the technical problems in MS SQL Server 2008 with the use of the Query Analyzer and Database Engine Tuning Wizard.
- Established backup and recovery of MS SQL server 2005 by using SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic Backups with backup devices, database maintenance plans and recovery.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSAS 2008, SSRS 2008, SSIS 2008, T-SQL, Visual studio 2008, DTS, Data Analyzer, MS Access, Word, Excel, SQL Profiler, Windows XP, Erwin v4.2, Version One