- Having 7+ years of experience in Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database systems using MSSQL 2018/2014/201 2/2008/2005/2000 .
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gatherings through post deployment of application systems in large and small organizations using agile methodology.
- Proficient in creating packages as part of ETL - extract data from heterogeneous sources like: Excel, Flat file, OLEDB source and loading to SQL Server databases using SSIS.
- Experienced in using various SSIS control flow items like: execute SQL task, Data Flow task, Send Mail Task, File system task, Bulk Insert Task, for-each Loop and Sequence Container.
- Experienced in debugging SSIS packages using checkpoints, breakpoints and error handling by configuring send mail task using event handlers.
- Proficient in logging the runtime information into different log providers like: SQL Server, Text File using SSIS Logging to increase the performance of SSIS packages.
- Designed, Developed & maintained databases on Microsoft's cloud computing platform of SQL Azure.
- Experienced in transforming the data as per business needs using different transformations like: Conditional split, Merge join, derived column, data conversion, Fuzzy lookup in SSIS.
- Experienced in performing incremental load of data into DW using SCD, Lookup.
- Strong experience in writing complex T- SQL queries and creating database objects like: tables, views stored Procedures, and Triggers.
- Experienced in performance tuning of long running SQL queries using SQL server built in tools like: SQL Server profiler, Execution plan and also by creating indexes.
- Strong Experience in designing diverse reports like: tabular, matrix, parameterized, drill through, ad-hoc, linked reports, chart and sub reports both for operational and regulatory needs using SSRS.
- Well experienced in deploying the reports, managing the reports in report server by creating folders, permissions and delivering the reports in various formats using subscriptions.
- Proficient in optimizing the performance of various SSRS reports by modifying stored procedures, creating cache reports and snapshots in report server.
- Enhanced the functionality in data ware housing concepts (OLAP) Cube by creating KPI, Actions, Perspective and Hierarchies using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Dimensional Modeling Techniques such as Star and Snowflake schema.
- Expertise in defining the DB schema as part of data modeling to define the entities and relationships, generating SQL scripts using Erwin Tool.
- Hands on experience in working with query editor (Power BI) to extra data from heterogeneous sources, perform data cleansing and shaping and load them to the data model region.
- Proficient in report designing with different visualizations like: tree maps, bar graph, pie, line chart and deploying and creating dashboards with automated refresh of reports using POWER BI Tool.
- Strong experience in story narration for business users by creating worksheets in Tableau using various objects like: calculated fields, actions, filters, parameters, groups, sets and hierarchies.
- Ability to work in tight schedules and efficient in time management and highly motivated team player with the intensity of delivering high quality outputs within the deadline.
Databases: SQL Server 2018/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , PL/SQL, DB2 MS Access 2000/8.0. Teradata.
Programming: T-SQL, PL-SQL, C, .Net, Java.
Operating System: Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP), Windows 2015/2012/2008 Server
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Query Analyzer, Import and Export Data wizard, BIDS, Query Analyzer.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML and CSS.
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP, ERWIN, Adobe Photoshop, Abode Flash.
Sr. SQL BI/ETL Developer
- Involved in Technical and Business decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, and Development team through Agile Kanban process.
- Creating Azure Data factories for loading the data to Azure SQL database from Cosmos platform.
- Created complex power BI dashboards.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes.
- Performed the role of Scrum Master in daily stand up calls.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSAS cubes.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS, Azure Cloud services.
- Performed Column Mapping, Data Mapping and Maintained Data Models and Data Dictionaries.
- Involved in retrieving multi-million records for data loads using SSIS and by querying against
- Heterogeneous Data Sources like SQL Server, Oracle, Text files and some Legacy systems.
- Expertise in using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component etc.
- Transferred data from various data sources/business systems including MS Excel, MS Access, and Flat Files to SQL Server using SSIS/DTS packages using various features.
- Involved in Performance tuning of ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing ETL packages using SSIS for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS which upsets data from staging table to database tables.
- Created roles using SSAS to restrict cube properties.
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Created calculated measures using MDX implementing business requirement.
- Experienced working on Star and Snowflake Schemas and used the fact and dimension tables to build the cubes, perform processing and deployed them to SSAS database.
- Designed aggregations and pre-calculations in SSAS.
- Involved in designing Partitions in Cubes to improve performance using SSAS.
- Experienced in Developing Power BI Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Used recently introduced Power BI to create self-service BI capabilities and use tabular models.
- Responsible for creating and changing the visualizations in Power BI reports and Dashboards on client requests.
- Created Calculated Columns and Measures in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement using DAX queries.
- Created hierarchies in Power BI reports using visualizations like Bar chart, Line chart, etc.
- Worked with both live and import data in to Power BI for creating reports.
- Expert in designing and developing web-based solutions using ASP.NET, Web API, C#, entity framework, web services.
- Experience in designing web pages with HTML, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3 and JQuery, AngularJS in hand coded-environment.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2016, Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, C#, web DEV (VB.NET), Visual Studio, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Data Lake.
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Created Database objects - Tables, Views, Functions and developed Procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Designed, developed, debugged and tested SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, configuration files and implemented best practices packages to maintain optimal performance
- Designed and Developed SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) database and OLAP cubes used in ad-hoc analytic research and automated reporting.
- Wrote MDX queries while creating and customizing Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Worked extensively on SSIS Packages for extracting the data of the file system and transformed that data and load it into OLAP.
- Extensively used various SSIS objects such as Control Flow Components, Dataflow Components, Connection managers, Logging, Configuration Files etc.
- Developed and implemented error handling logics in all the SSIS packages to handle bad data and avoid package failures.
- Developed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to automate the nightly extract transform and load jobs.
- Developed new mappings using SSIS Look Up/Aggregation transformations to match the needs of the business case.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), integrated and deployed them using web applications onto the web server.
- Developed datasets to perform reporting and including interactive drill down reports, report models and ad-hoc reports.
- Developed Tabular, Cross Tab reports, Charts reports, Parameterized, cascaded and sub-reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS.
- Database migration is done from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 to enable the applications to run better and reduce the amount of time you need to spend managing them.
- Designed OLAP Cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star schemas.
- Debugged packages and use error handling scenarios for the packages.
- Fixed QA bugs created for ETL team after migration of packages.
- Monitored optimized and Performance Tuning of Regression Servers using Performance monitor, SQL Profiles, Activity Monitor.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, DTS, XML, Windows 2003 Server, Informatica, Oracle 10g, SQL Profiler, IIS5.0,6.0,7.0.
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in creating technical specification documents after gathering requirements from business users.
- Created stored procedures, views, triggers, user defined functions to in corporate the flow of business and automated stored procedures.
- Managed index, statistics and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems.
- Created SSIS packages to extract, transfer and load data into the data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Worked with various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, ftp task, send mail task, for each loop container.
- Created and scheduled SQL jobs to run SSIS packages on a daily basis using SQL Server Agent.
- Writing VB.NET and C# coding in Script task and script component.
- Implemented Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data sources using SSIS.
- OLAP design SSAS 2008R2 for different cloud services and service items. Implemented OLAP cube and connecting using Excel PowerPivot.
- Managing and automating Control flow, Data flow, Events and Logging for SSIS packages.
- Designed and developed different reports like Matrix and Tabular reports, Cascaded, Parameterized, and pie chart reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in developing Ad-Hoc, Drill down, Drill through and Dashboard reports using Local and Global Variables, Expressions and Filters in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Defined relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups.
- Reviewed cube, changed the cube and documentation according to the requirement based on product valuation and revenue opportunities.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes.
- Defined Granularity with in a measure group and drill through actions.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with the Databases/Servers on a real-time basis.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2 & 2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL, T-SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, Windows 2003 Server, Business Intelligent Services (SSIS/2008), Business Intelligence Development (BIDS), ETL.
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in installation, configuration, and up gradation of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 R2 servers.
- Involved in Database up gradation and Migration of SQL2005 to SQL2008 and co-ordinate all Upgrade activities.
- Worked on SQL server clustering to provide an active and passive node, SAN storage with RAID 10 implemented on Dell servers, VIP pool to manage the IP address of SQL servers.
- Configured SQL Mirroring, Log shipping and security.
- Working experience of Facets creating rules and policies.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server Replication.
- Scripting stored procedures when needed and working with third party scripts also.
- Configuring HTTP Access to SQL Server Analysis Services on Microsoft Windows Servers using msmdpump.dll
- Performed data transfers between various servers using BCP and SSIS for developer requests, Environment
- Migrations, backups, and Archiving Data for various business requests.
- Experience in Tuning and Optimization at Server, Application, Hardware, Database, Query levels
- Extensively used Spotlight /Fog light, DMV’s, DMFs for Enterprise for SQL Server Performance monitoring
- Trouble shoot Developer/User issues like Client/Server Connectivity, Migration issues
- Security Administration by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping, and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granted privileges to users and groups.
- Backup and recovery of production databases and Monitor data and log growth, Jobs, Alerts, disk usage and cleanups using 3rd party tool Ola Hallengren, service now tool for remedy.
- Comprehensive knowledge on high availability option log shipping (DR/Standby server).
- Created various reports like charts, sub reports, graphs and scheduled these reports using windows task scheduler to run on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- 24/7 Production support for SQL Server databases
- Performed documentation for capacity usage factor data validations and work summary for capacity usage factor calculations.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Manager, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Excel, MS Word, Windows 98/NT/2000, T-SQL, DTS, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Crystal Reports.
SQL Server Developer
- Created new tables, wrote stored procedures for application developers and some user defined functions. Created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Experienced in ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) development using Data Transformation Services (DTS) for migration of data from legacy systems to SQL Server 2000.
- Designed Logical and Physical design of database for project on basis of user requirements.
- Generated server-side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Created a table-driven Quality Assurance Process integrated with Replication Administrator which would store and compare function calls results with current and prior periods, generate an email notification and report in an excel attachment.
- Responsible for defining the complete Data Warehouse architecture (e.g. ODS, ETL process).
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse with different transformations to get the accurate data using SSIS and deployed the SSIS packages to different environments by maintaining the configuration settings in the XML files and variables.
- Administrated the created Reports by assigning permission to the valid user for executing the reports.
- Created subscriptions to provide a daily basis report. Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Experience in creating multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and charts.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSRS 2012, SSIS 20012, MS Visual Studio 2008, T-SQL, C#, VB Script, Window 7, Team Foundation Server.