- 6 years of experience as SQL Server Database Administrator and enterprise information technology operations
- 5 years of experience as SQL Developer
- Experience working in hybrid environment, deploying and managing SQL Server databases
- Experience in planning and configuring windows server failover cluster, designing and implementing high availability/disaster recovery applications using various SQL Server features including Always On availability groups
- Installed and configured multiple virtual machines on Azure and Managing about 200 SQL server databases, Performed Migration of SQL server instances and databases in hybrid environment
- Experience in Windows Server Infrastructure, SQL Server installation, administration and production support
- Experience in server configuration, upgrades, patches, space management, database security, database design, management plan configuration, database scripting and documentation.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, configuring and tuning SQL Server on Windows and Linux server environments
- Experience in security management, process management, backup and restore management. Performance monitoring, turning and optimization.
- Experience in designing, configuring and managing databases using either T - SQL or power shell Abilities
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and Teams
- Ability to Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Ability to assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Ability to research and have issues resolved faster
Sr SQL SERVER DBA
- Created views on a table or selected tables for specific purposes, in order to simplify database schema complexity to a none IT person, particularly for application users
- Created triggers and store procedures for security and process management
- Designed and implemented automatic Backup and Restore Strategies
- Performed Performance Bottleneck Analysis using SQL Profiler, DTA, Query Execution Plans,
- Tuned SQL Server performance in virtual environments (VMWare) with various SANs
- Proactively monitoring databases to ensure high performance and high availability
- Created after or instead of triggers to monitor any insert, delete and update on certain tables in addition to logon triggers on the server to monitor login security or activities
- Worked on various DBA tasks including patching, cloning and upgrades
- Performed database security management on both database and network levels
- Performed installation SQL server and configuration of SQL Server database objects
- Extensive experience in installing and implementing SQL Server Management and data tools
- Hands on experience in the configuration of single instance and multi node SQL Server Infrastructure
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, database back-up, and recovery specifications
- Maintain database performance by evaluating the size of databases, server operating systems and hardware products
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers, analyzing applications, programming, and operations. Evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems requirements
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Deploying databases at every stage of deployment, ranging from development, testing, staging and production environment, Also Carried out version control process
- Administer databases in both development and production environment
- Transforms and loads data into database using SQL Loader or ETL process in SSIS
- Supports the development team on application development and deployment
- Work on physical data modeling and updates physical data models based on logical model changes
- Perform in place and side by side migration of databases from SQL server 2008 to 2016