- Reviewed business requirements, created Design Documents, Codes, Unit Tests
- Coded, tested, and implemented DB2 - specific software solutions to meet both functional and technical design specifications
- Provided assistance to associates in resolving issues and complex problems such as JCL’s, PROC’s, Easytrieve, and COBOL programs
- Maintained and repaired applications to provide quality performance in accordance with technical and functional specifications
- Modified and enhanced programs in batch and online for an outsourcing project with the state of Missouri and Virginia (Medicaid Management Information System)
- Expertise in conducting a client interview (internal and external) regarding new development and problem resolution, with ability to document and follow-up
- Functioned as a team lead in a mainframe environment (i.e. COBOL, CICS TS, MQ Series, DB2/SQL, JCL’s/PROC’s, VSAM), SOA technology
- Developed an advance program to program communication (APPC) driver programs in CICS and Native SQL and Embedded DB2/SQL stored procedures that will be initiated by a real time direct synchronous MQ Series that interfaces with BizTalk
- Application development involving SQL and DB2's procedural language
- Working in professional service/consulting on high impact, data oriented projects
- Support applications releases and acts as a production support on a rotation basis, make recommendations on improving workflow and operations
- Work with production support, data center management and change management teams within the organization to established and maintain effective working relationships
- Well versed in use of development tools conforming to industry standards and IS standards
- MQ Series
- Fault Analyzer
- Web Services
- JDOM / EJB
- and HTTPS
- and HTML
- IBM Websphere
- Hudson/Jenkins CD/CI Tools
- HP Agile Manager
- JIRA for Agile
Confidential - Washington D.C.Programmer/Analyst
- Modified detected logic errors in CICS and batch COBOL programs with embedded DB2/SQL, and MQ Series that uses TSO/ISPF as editor.
- Utilized File Manager to monitor data in files, created VSAM files, and compared files after testing.
- Utilized ENDEVOR for change management to maintain software applications and track their versions. Dealing with incidents and trouble-shooting them Created clearing files for a third party vendor with converted credit cards to tokens for major acquirers, Support applications release and acts as a production support on a rotation basis.
Environment: COBOL, DB2/SQL, VSAM, MQ Series, TSO/ISPF, Fault Analyzer, JCL, SQL, PROC, ENDEVOR, Oracle/SQL, Web Services, XSLT, JAXB, and JDOM / EJB, DAO, JNDI, and HTTPS, JSP, and HTML, Mulesoft, IBM Websphere, JBOSS; Hudson/Jenkins CD/CI Tools; HP Agile Manager, JIRA for Agile.
Confidential, Richmond, VirginiaProgrammer/Analyst
- Developed an advance program to program communication driver programs in CICS and also native DB2/SQL stored procedures that will be initiated by a real time direct synchronous MQ Series that interfaces with BizTalk and will interact with the MEMBER sub-system utilizing TCP/IP sockets.
- Modified and enhanced MMIS (Medicaid Management Information System) programs in batch and online for an outsourcing project with the state of Virginia.
- Hands on with daily operations of the 24x7 processing of claims reporting for the providers.
Environment: COBOL, DB2/SQL10.1.0, Native SQL, VSAM, VISIO, QMF, SPUFI, z/OS, CICS TS 4.1.0, FILEAID, BMC, .NET, Oracle/SQL, MQ Series, Web Services, XML, web based J2EE framework (client server) technology.
Confidential, Manhattan, New YorkProgrammer/Analyst
- Setup components (i.e. JCL’s, PROC’s and Load modules) in QA and UAT streams to do shakeout of the application (PLX PERFORMANCE).
- Modified detected syntax and logic errors in batch COBOL and CICS TS programs that are using DB2/SQL in distributed mode using TSO/ISPF as editor.
- Coordinated production control and scheduling activities with external parties utilizing TIVOLI (Tivoli Output Manager and TWS-Operations Planning and Control).
Environment: JCL, PROC, QA, UAT, COBOL, CICS TS, DB2/SQL, TSO/ISPF, TIVOLI, TWS, CICS TS3.2, SPUFI, z/OS, VISIO, BMC, INTERTEST, Easytrieve
- Assist in the creation, execution and documentation of test scripts to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements.
- Ensure transparency to business functions via regular updates of issues and progress to plans.
- Interacts with business users towards providing concise documentation business requirements, and design documents.
Environment: JCL, PROC, QA, UAT, COBOL, CICS TS, DB2/SQL, TSO/ISPF, TIVOLI, TWS, CICS TS3.2, SPUFI, z/OS, VISIO, BMC, INTERTEST
Confidential, Jersey City, New JerseyProgrammer/Analyst
- Modified detected logic errors in batch COBOL and CICS TS (background) programs that are using DB2/SQL, IMS DB, VSAM and MQ Series utilizing TSO/ISPF as editor and FILEAID to monitor data in VSAM files, created VSAM files, and compared files after testing and using NDM to transfer files from one node to another.
- Utilized ENDEVOR for change management to maintain software applications and track their versions.
Environment: COBOL, CICS TS, DB2/SQL, IMS DB, VSAM, MQ Series, TSO/ISPF, FILEAID, NDM, DB2
Confidential, Montvale, New Jersey
- Fix batch application programs as well as FTP transmissions, print processing, and report generation.
- Provides status of production outages, document and track production problems.
- Utilized ENDEAVOR for change management to maintain software applications and track their versions.
Environment: INTERTEST, JCL, COBOL, CICS TS, VSAM, DB2/SQL, IMS DB, MQ Series, TSO/ISPF, Easytrieve