- A seasoned “Full Stack” Microsoft solutions expert with over 17 years of experience planning, developing, testing, implementing & supporting complex fully customized Microsoft .Net based solutions for clients serving a multitude of industries such as: HealthCare, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Small Business, Point of Sale, Business Intelligence, Statistical Analysis, Public Health, and many others.
- Extensive involvement in every aspect of the software development life cycle from: research development, proof of concept, requirements gathering, database design, data collection & ETL processes, application architecture, server specifications & implementation, complete application development, QA/UAT testing, build and release management, change control, and continued production support.
- Experience in all roles: Engineer, Architect, Team Lead, Developer, Database Administrator, and Project Manager; often simultaneously within structured environments of varying degrees on teams large and small.
- Several projects including the most complex were exclusively and personally handled from initial consultation, proposal & pitch; development from scratch every: requirement, design, line of code, test plan, document, script, image, style sheet, etc. also documentation & management of the project.
- An insatiable curiosity, passion, and drive that rarely ends at five o’clock extending into all aspects of life.
- Responsible for everything from becoming an avid guitarist, restoring my first car a VW Beetle from a rust bucket to show car quality acquiring skills in welding, mechanics, body work, painting; residential developer/investor in new home construction as a general contractor acquiring project planning, time & budget management skills; then most relative, computers from the age of 7. This describes the personality, vast knowledge, skills, talent and what makes this candidate unique standing head and shoulders above the rest of the pack.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Healthcare, Telecommunication, Manufacturing, Consulting, Technology, Product Placement, and POS Point Of Sale
- ASP.Net: Web Forms, MVC 2 & 5; Classic ASP: Intranet, .COM, Mobile, GUI Design, Custom Server Controls
- Windows Forms, Windows Services, Web Services, Console Application Development
- High Performance Multi - Threaded Service Oriented Applications & Services
- Server Clustering, Fail over & Load Balancing (SQL & Web)
- Full SDLC Software Development Lifecycle Methods: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, CMMI
- SOA Service Oriented Architecture: XML, jSON, REST
Database: MS SQL Server: 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005, 2000, 7.0, 6.5; Installation, Administration, Clustering, Development, Oracle 9i, 10i; PL/SQL, OLTP, OLAP, ETL: SSIS, SSRS, ADO.Net: Entity Framework, LINQ, JSON
Software / Tools: Visual Studio 2015, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005, 2003, 2002, 6.0; SourceSafe, TFS Team Foundation Services, GitHub, OnBase, FACETS, EAM
Confidential, Annapolis Juntion, MD
Software Engineer / C# Developer / SQL DBA / Project Manager
- Designed & Implementation of a SQL & C# based check Processing system that took data exported from a CMS system known as CRIS. The data came without addresses most of the time therefore I had to poll 4 disparate systems using either the Provider Medicare ID or NPI (National Provider Identifier) in order to find the all possible options for a mailing address.
- Address options were then presented in an interactive report allowing the user responsible and most knowledgeable to choose the correct address.
- The end result of this system was a proprietary text based file format that was then exported to ADP for checks to then be printed returning a positive pay file which then was imported back into the database completing the process.
- Worked on another application rewrite which the mailroom used to enter incoming mail primarily medical records which were entered into this system and linked with the parent case record in the case management system.
- The records were scanned, a cover sheet with barcodes was then added to the digitized the medical record completing the Quality or Appeal case intake process. I also created a REST API for attaining information regarding case status progression and outcome.
- As a project manager participated in the CMMI Level 3 certification audit process Confidential sought after in order for them to bid on contracts with CMS which required it. Authored various templates, complete documents, set standards and requirements, procedures, best practices, was a key person throughout the audit ultimately achieving certification status
Skills: Visual Studio 2015, C#, SQL Server 2016, SSIS, T-SQL, Agile, TFS, CMMI (Level 3), Amazon Cloud Services, REST API, jSon, jQuery, MVC.
Confidential, Pasadena, MD
SQL DBA / SSIS Developer / Team Lead / Application Creator
- Worked on the large city & county wide DPW project upgrading manual “sight on site” read mechanical water meters with the latest networked digital read meters primarily installed by industry leader iTron also provider of the new meter management software.
- Built all ETL processes using SSIS, C#, XML/XSD, Flat Text File, sFTP to interconnect existing systems primarily legacy billing system with the new ChoiceConnect software used by iTron to communicate with the new digital meters as well as identify new meter installations.
- Test Driven development using Agile, VS2013, SQL Server Projects and Microsoft TFS Team Foundation Services.
- Team lead responsible for all code and generating & managing deployments, generating change control reports, and release notes.
Skills: SQL Server 2012 & SQL Azure Cloud, SSIS, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2013, C#, XML/XSD, Agile, TFS, SSRS, sFTP, SQLPROJ, Source Control.
Confidential, Glen Burnie, MD
Senior Solutions Developer (DBA, SQL, SSIS, C#)
- Designed & Implemented new architecture to an existing outgoing postal mail data export system only supporting a single row dimension incapable of supporting line item detail for display grid format.
- Under the new architecture the system could now accommodate a more robust & complex letter/check that could use multiple records from one or many sources to populate line item detail, grid, or other dynamic formats
- Implemented dozens of new letters and checks each had their own sql proc to query its specific datasource and criteria collectively known as "triggering logic" inserting results to a shared letter extract staging table each row generating a letter. Any requiring detail line item rows were inserted to their own separate staging table both store captured data for mail merge in generic shared format with ambiguous column names and data types for easy reuse and not requiring the export format to change each time.
- Designed architecture for integrating a new exception handling process that would capture issues in the source data prior to and exclude problem data from being exported & posted.
- Built a high performance multi threaded C# web service & console application which pulled image files out of the OnBase Document Management Server of specific pages from the original new member paper application submitted and combined them into a new PDF document. A batch would run for a few hundred files at a time and place into a single zip file that was then uploaded to our print vendors ftp site along with normal mail merge data extract containing letters which references pdf file attachment to put it the same envelope.
- I used .Net 4.0 System.Threading.Tasks namespace new in 4.0 and it proved to be faster and simpler than older methods prior to it.
Skills: MS SQL Server 2005-2008, SSIS SQL Integration Services, Visual Studio 2005 & 2008, C#, OnBase, FACETS, EAM, CMS, Microsoft Office
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
DBA / SQL & SSIS Developer / Application Developer
- Developed SSIS packages utilizing a data encryption process with secure ftp transfer between Confidential & their clients
- General database design, SQL & SSIS Development, and support.
Skills: MS SQL Server 2005-2008, SSIS SQL Integration Services, Visual Studio 2010
Confidential, Catonsville, MD
Senior Web & SQL Developer
- Developed an ASP.Net application to input and manage a production schedule, production statistical analysis and trend reporting.
- Developed database schema design, stored procedures, triggers, indexes, ETL processes, security for the ASP.Net application.
- Created several reports using SSRS SQL Reporting Services 2005 & 2008
Skills: MS SQL Server 2008, SSRS/SSIS - SQL Server Reporting & Integration Services, Visual Studio 2008/2010, .Net 3.5-4.0, MVC 3, C#, ADO.Net, LINQ, AJAX.
Confidential, Sparks, MD
.Net Architect / Project Lead
- Developed a new web portal for brokers to get rate quotes, bind new policies, file and track claims, and manage leads
- Created application architecture, design, and application security, GUI front end, graphic design, and all database and objects.
- Interviewed & qualified junior developers involved in making hiring decisions, managed, led & mentored hired team members.
Confidential, Timonium, MD
Senior .Net Developer
- Supported and assisted enhancement development of production released ASP.Net 2.0 application.
- The application was a data entry, reporting, and scheduling application used to manage IT related work orders within the county.
- Supported and fixed bugs.
Senior Application Developer
- Developed a new invoicing application with an inventory and customer management component, payment tracking & application of payment to particular invoice(s) down to the line item level.
- Created a new database schema and ETL process to extract and normalize data from two existing systems and fit the single system design.
- Planning, documentation, all application design, designed all database schema, developed all stored procedures, and ETL processes.