- Around 6+ years of professional IT experience which includes working as MS SQL Server developer, BI & Data Visualization developer and Software developer.
- Extensive experience of around 6 years in MS SQL Server development - analysis, design, development, implementing and testing.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development and extensive expertise in Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) tools - SSRS, SSIS and SSAS (2005, 2008 and 2012).
- Maintained and handled large databases by creating & developing database objects such as Tables, Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers etc.
- Experienced in data loads, database integration/conversions, performance tuning and optimization.
- Hands on experience in Software development with emphasis on software analysis, design, development, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of various web and client/server applications using .NET Framework and Utilities, ASP.NET, C# and MS SQL Server.
- Expert in achieving data security by handling database roles, user access and granting database access and permissions.
- Experience working on Tableau desktop as part of BI/Data Visualization development.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written and a very good team player.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, Oracle 9i
Programming Languages: TSQL, PLSQL, C#, VB.NET, CSS.
.NET Frameworks: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7,Windows 8
Tools: & Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008/2012 , SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Business Intelligent Development Studio, Visual Studio 2008/2010/2013 , Tableau 7x, Crystal Reports, Erwin, MS Visio, GitHub Client, Smart Git HG, FileZilla, WinSCP, Smartsheet, Slack, Trello.
Version Controls: GitHub, Subversion, Visual Studio Online, TFS.
Application Server: IIS 4.0, 6.0
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Software Developer
- Involved in gathering business requirements and performing analysis.
- Created, maintained and handled large databases by creating & developing database objects such as Tables, Views and Stored Procedures.
- Created different kinds of reports based on business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created SSIS packages for transforming data, to import data from source systems or transfer data from one server to another.
- Software development by implementing Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Played an active role in all phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as strategy and analyzing, designing, building (coding), testing and documentation.
- Created business reports out of databases by creating stored procedures and developing Report Definition Language (RDL) files to generate the report in the desired format.
- Developed new enhancements, for the web-sites hosted, that are put forward by the business team using .NET Framework and Utilities, C#, ASP.NET.
- Developed test-cases and test-scenarios and perform End-to-End & Regression testing on the enhancements made.
- Developed several console applications using latest .NET Framework (4.0 & 4.5) to automate regular manual tasks and to import data from flat files into databases.
- Deployed code; create & schedule windows scheduled tasks on web servers to execute the console applications built.
- Involved in troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Deployed DB scripts, objects and other application code in various environments like Dev, Staging and Production.
- Involved in taking database backups and restoring it in different environments, as per need.
- Used Smartsheet and Visual Studio Online (VSO) for daily work management and analysis of performance.
- Maintained Source Code version control using GitHub & Visual Studio Online, based on the applications.
Environment: / Technologies/ Tools: SQL Server 2003/2008, SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008, SQL Server Reporting Services, .NET Framework 3.0/4.0/4.5, SQL Server Integration Services, C#, ASP.NET, Visual Studio 2008/2010/2013 , IIS 4.0/6.0, GitHub, Visual Studio Online, LINQPad, FileZilla, WinSCP.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Database & BI Developer
- Designed, created and maintained Database objects like tables, stored procedures, functions, views, etc.
- Database optimization (including queries and indices), tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Advanced TSQL programming involving ad hoc queries, triggers, procedures, functions, etc.
- Performed data integrity check and analyzed anomalies in data.
- Generated Reports based on the requirements put forward by the business team using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for different subjects.
- Designed SSIS packages to extract, transfer and load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different environments.
- Performed manual scrubbing of data, whenever needed.
- Configured SQL Server Agent mail for sending Automatic emails on Errors.
- Development and production support for various large databases and SSIS packages.
- Designed and developed analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on worksheets inTableauDesktop.
- Utilized advanced features ofTableausoftware like linking data from different data sources on dashboard to filtering it.
- Optimized SQL queries for improving performance and efficiency using SQL profiler and tuning advisor.
- Involved in deploying packages, DB objects and other code to different environments.
- Involved in migration of the database objects from one server to another.
- Used Visual Studio Online (TFS) for tracking of project/daily work.
- Involved in database migration of SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Imported data from various data sources such as MS Excel, Flat files, CSV files into SQL Server.
- Involved in data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Bulk Insert, BCP etc.
- Performed regular maintenance duties like performance tuning and optimization of queries, stored procedures, functions etc.
- Generated and maintained business reports based on the needs and requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) which were used for budget analysis and to design future production plans.
- Involved in deploying the reports in various environments such as Dev, Test and Production.
- Created and maintained several stored procedures which in turn are used as data sources for reports generation.
- Created and managed OLAP cubes using SSAS.
- Automated daily administrative tasks such as database backup and recovery and involved in database maintenance plans by setting up SQL Server Agent jobs for periodic backups and recovery.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform Data Integrity testing on SQL Server Database to validate and test data using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Implemented user roles and security to restrict the access of database objects to appropriate users.
- Created technical documentation which can be used as references in future by other developers and the business team.
- Actively participated in designing database schema, maintain and document them for future references.
- Involved in writing complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures and other database objects that were useful for application functionality.
- Designed and developed ETL loads as per business requirements in SSIS.
- Optimized the performance by modifying existing SQL queries, eliminate redundant and inconsistent code, creating indices wherever necessary, etc.
- Created reports using SSRS and integrated them to be accessed through front end.
- Gathered end user feedback and improved the runtime of certain reports by tuning and optimizing the stored procedures/queries that act as the data sources for the reports.
- Used SSIS to extract and load data from existing systems and other data sources and perform transformations.
- Involved in analysis, design, development and testing of OLAP cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Generated simple ad hoc MS Excel reports by writing queries/stored procedures to pull data from multiple relational databases.
- Created and maintained DB User’s security permissions.
- Created new logical and physical design of databases to fit new business requirement and implemented new design into SQL Server database.
- Created/Updated databases, tables and procedures while updating and cleaning the old data.
- Data validation and cleansing while migrating from flat files to a SQL server destination.
- Involved in performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Advisor.
- Configured SQL mail Agent for sending Automatic emails on Errors.
- Generated business reports using Reporting tools.
- Created SSIS Packages to import and export data from Excel, Xml and Text files.
- Involved in project planning of web portal development by gathering and analyzing user requirements.
- Involved in designing and creating database as per the project requirement.
- Create, manage and analyze the data and perform data clean-ups as needed.
- Performance tuning of queries and stored procedures.
- Involved in planning and taking database backups and recovery.
- Maintain database security by implementing access levels for users.
- Prepared specific technical documentation as per the project need.