- Over 8 years of extensive experience in Microsoft BI tools (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS) and extensively worked on SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 Versions.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Analysis, Design, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance.
- Extensive experience in Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/2012 for Batch Processing using DDL, DML, DCL commands for various business applications and Data Warehousing Systems (SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS).
- Experience in database programming in writing T - SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key, and Unique) Indexes and Batch Scripts using various DDL and DML commands.
- Very strong in writing SQL Joins, Nested Queries, Unions, Multi-table joins and experience in creating scheduling Jobs, sending Alerts.
- Experienced in creating SSIS packages involving ETL process, extracting data from various sources (Flat files, Excel files, Oracle, SAP, and SQL Server) and loading for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experience in creating Jobs, and Sending Alerts using SQL Mail, backups, performance issues, connectivity to databases, upgrade strategies, capacity planning.
- Experience in developing management reports by using SSRS (SQL Serving Reporting Tools).
- Strong experience in creating Ad Hoc Reports parameterized Reports, Linked Reports, Snapshot Reports, Drilldown and Drill through reports using SQL SSRS.
- Experience in migrating DTS packages, reports and analysis services projects from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014.
- Extensive experience in different type of reports including: Tabular forms, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports. Very good experience in writing expressions in SSRS.
- Create reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing the SSAS Tabular via Analysis connector.
- Experience in Power BI, creating interactive visualizations, dashboards, reports based on business requirements.
- Knowledge inTableauDesktop for data visualization through various charts such as Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization.
- Wide experience in creating OLAP cubes, identifying dimensions, attributes, hierarchies and calculating measures and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Worked on Data Marts, Data Warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Expert in Tabular Modeling, Multi-Dimensional Cubes, DAX and MDX (SSAS)Experience in working with large databases in SQL, Oracle, and Teradata
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical business objectives and to make decisions under pressure.
- Worked on GIT, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio online and the application lifecycle tools associated with it.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs using agile and Confidential methodologies etc.
Operating System: Windows 98 /2003/NT/XP/7, MS-DOS
Languages: T: SQL, PL/SQL,C #,ASP.NET
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Profiler, Upgrade Wizard, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) 2008/2010/2012, Tableau, Power BI
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Service (DTS), BCP
DATABASES: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012/2014
Applications: XML, Visual Studio IDE, MS Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, MS office 2003/2007/2010
Data Modeling: MS Excel, Erwin Tool
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Web Services
Confidential, Orange, CA
Sr. SQL BI Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Involved in gathering User Requirements and System Specifications.
- Developed Stored Procedures, functions and database triggers and maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Implemented and executed SQL Server Integration Service packages to populate data from the various data sources, Developed packages for different data loading operations for many applications.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for exporting heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server.
- Migrated DTS packages to SSIS packages and modified the packages with new features of SQL SSIS.
- ETL packages dealing with different data sources were designed (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and chart.
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server.
- Created, maintained & scheduled various reports in SSRS like Ad-hoc Reports, Canned Reports, Master Reports & Parameterized Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like Text Tables, Bar, Pie, Tree Maps, Heat Maps, Line Charts, Pivot Tables, Combination Charts in Excel and Tableau.
- Migrate existing data into the Power BI.
- Create reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing the SSAS Tabular.
- Published Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Transformed and combined the data using Query Editor in the Power BI
- Created Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- MDX queries and Data Mining Expression (DMX) queries for Analysis Services & Reporting Services were developed.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, and optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Backing up, restoring system & other databases as per requirements, and also scheduled those backups.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2014/2010, Tableau, Visual Studio 2012,2013, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Team Foundation Server(TFS), SharePoint, MS Excel, Microsoft WindowsServer 2012.
Confidential, Forth worth, TX
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Involved in gathering the requirements, conducted meetings with clients and documented the requirements and ITIL assessment & implementation of project
- Created new database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Created and Rebuild the Clustered & Non-Clustered indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Expertise in designing, developing and implementation of mappings/transformations based on source-to-target specifications, defining ETL (extract, transform, load) and ETL development standards and conventions
- Designed Data Mart using Star Schema. Reviewed the Current Data Mart and OLAP Cubes and Implemented Corrections and enhancements.
- ETL document developed for best practices and Reporting systems.
- Developed SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the data warehouse database from different data sources.
- Used different data Transformations like Lookup, Derived Column, Conditional Split, data conversion while creating the SSIS Packages.
- Created several types of reports such as tabular, matrix, drill down and sub reports using SSRS and send the information to different clients, vendors and managers.
- Created groups, roles, users and assigning access privileges to users.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual C# in script task and script component of SSIS.
- Created various visualizations and reports using Power BI.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in Power BI like Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports.
- Deployed the generated reports on to the Report server and fine-tuned the database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Created and Managed OLAP Cubes using SSAS.
- Schedule and maintain SSIS packages daily, weekly and monthly using Task Scheduler.
- Involved in code review and preparing unit test cases.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Visual Studio 2012,2013, Power BI, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Team Foundation Server(TFS), SharePoint, Erwin, MS Excel, Microsoft WindowsServer 2012.
Confidential, White Plains, NY
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Participated in the requirements elicitation and technical specification processes.
- Involved in creating extensive dynamic SQL to accommodate business requirements
- Involved in documenting management procedures, plans and processes
- Created complex store procedures, triggers, tables, views and other SQL joins and statements for applications using T-SQL
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Clustered, Non Clustered)tables
- Worked on Query Optimization, execution plans, trace flags and SQL Profiler
- Used System tables, System stored procedure, DBCC commands for database maintenance.
- Used BCP Utility in stored procedures to generate output files in text format.
- Used scripts and variables, email notifications for ETL process using Data integrator
- Performed ETL operations to support data loads and transformations using SSIS
- Extensively used SSIS in creating complex packages using proper control flow and data flow elements with error handling.
- Created, fixed and maintained daily, monthly jobs scheduled
- Wrote stored procedures and user defined scalar functions to be used in SSIS packages in SQL scripts
- Optimized ETL packages by increasing memory buffer size and by increasing Max Concurrent Executable
- Enhancing and deploying SSIS packages from development server to production server.
- Responsible for creating MDX queries from scratch.
- Normalized and De normalized entities for data warehouse.
- Created partitions, KPIs, calculated members, schema and file groups for fact tables and cubes integrating SSAS
- Monitored daily processes for different data loads and resolved issues
- Worked on deploying and scheduling reports using SSRS to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drilldown, parameterized, cascaded reports and dashboards and scorecard reports.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008 and 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Profiler, Team Foundation Server, MS Excel, Windows XP.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
- Functional and Business requirements were gathered and written the technical specifications for developing the Global Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Worked closely with end users in designing and creating the Global Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Created member properties, virtual dimension, dimension custom rollups, write back, action and drill through.
- High Level Design of ETL DTS Package for integrating data from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data).
- Periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data are generated using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Drill-through, Drill-down, Cross-Tab Reports and Sub-Reports using RDL.
- A multi-dimensional database (MDDB) was developed and OLAP cube using SQL Server 2000 that used to store and maintained the data.
- Implemented MS Analysis Services setup, tuning, cube partitioning, and dimension designing including hierarchical and slowly changing dimensions.
- Managed Up gradation of DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Involved in the complete data warehouse development life cycle and solely responsible for the design, development and maintenance of 8 cubes.
- Transactional replications among different servers were created.
- Provided technical guidance and support to end-users by developing documentations required.
- Accomplished application and database code production pushes, following production release procedures.
- Consummate production SQL release final verification procedure to production.
- Acknowledged all database changes and follow and enforce change and release management processes.
- Audited and enforced database security, code and procedural standards.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS, C#, Share Point Windows Server, Windows 7/XP, Visual Studio 2010 & TFS.
SQL / ETL Developer
- Creation, manipulation and supporting the SQL Server databases.
- Generated and debugged complex stored procedures and functions for performance tuning and optimization.
- Involved in creating SQL reports, data extraction and data loading scripts for different databases and schemas.
- Created complex functions, stored procedures for complex sub-queries and views based on the business requirements.
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries and data integrity.
- Build efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transform.
- Data Transformation Activities using SSIS Import/ Export for transferring data between different databases like Oracle. Design new SSIS packages as per needs and resolve the problems.
- Created SSIS package to get data from different sources, consolidate and merge into one single source.
- Worked closely with business users in defining and documenting reporting requirements to design, develop and maintain SQL Server 2008reporting services (SSRS).
- Deployed the generated reports on to the Report server and fine-tuned the database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Coordinated with source system owners, day-to-day ETL progress monitoring, Data warehouse target schema design (Star Schema) and maintenance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, SQL Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008, Windows 2007 Enterprise, MS Office2007.
- Involvement in analyzing and designing of the system specification and gathering requirements
- Involved in designing and implementing database applications using MS SQL Server 2012 and Business Intelligence (BI) tools to support transactions and business decision-making.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations necessary.
- Modified the existing SSIS Packages to improve the performance of data load.
- Worked on several transformations in Data Flow including Derived-Column, Script task, Slowly Changing Dimension (Using SSIS Controls), Lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional-Split and many more.
- Successfully migrated SSIS packages from development to test and Production environments using SSIS Configuration files and deployment wizard.
- Responsible for creating reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2012.
- Developed Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill Through, Crystal Reports and Sub-Report using RDL. Promoted RDL's to Reporting Service Server.
- Developed the cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience working with Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX) statements and functions to create complex calculations.
- Created user defined hierarchy in dimensions.
- Deployed the generated reports from SSAS cubes on to the server.
- Used Subscriptions and Snapshots to set up Push based Report Delivery.
- Hands on Job Scheduling of SSIS Packages through SQL Server Agent.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, SQL Windows Server 2003, and MS Access and Excel, SSIS, SSRS.
Jr. SQL Developer
- Involved with end users to acquire Requirements. Created technical, user documentation.
- Good understanding on the system.
- Install, Update, Configure and Maintain the MS SQL Server.
- Database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored-procedures, triggers, and user define functions were created.
- T-SQL queries for the retrieval of the data.
- Created a report interface using Visual Basic 6.0, which allowed users to select reports and dynamically filter reports.
- Closely worked with the end users to analyze, understand and gather report requirements.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing for different modules.
- Implementing user and providing technical support.
- Prepared proper backup and recovery plans.
- Written Various ASP codes for user interactions.
- Tuning front-end applications like Visual Basic, which query the SQL Server databases.
- Used SQL Statements to Present Query responses.
- Written Java Script for different validations.