- Overall 7 + years of IT experience in Design, Development of Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005 with various business domains like Financial, Sales & Communication, and Banking Sector.
- Good experience in Information Technology field as a SQL Server Developer with strong expertise in SQL Server Development, Designing Stored Procedures/Transact - SQL Coding.
- Expertise in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) andSQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with good knowledge onSQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL - DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Proficient in OLTP, OLAP and Data warehousing Design concepts
- Hands on Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2012/2008/2005.
- Expert in creating complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and effective Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data integrity
- Good understanding of Relational Database Systems (RDBMS), Normalization, Multi-Dimensional (Star) and Snowflake logical and physical data modeling using ERWIN and MSVISIO.
- Created reports from the OLAP cubes using SSRS.
- Highly Proficient in creating SQL Server Reports, handling sub-reports and writing queries to perform roll-up and drill down operations in SSRS 2008
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and in creating various types of reports like table, matrix, and chart report, web reporting by customizing URL Access.
- Expert in designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel Pivot table based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting service.
- Expertise with DDL and DML statements, RDBMS’s, data dictionaries and normal forms.
- Estimate, schedule and track ETL projects throughout SDLC.
- Data analysis, cleansing and remapping of legacy data elements (using MS Excel).
- Worked very closely with Customers, End users and powered users collect requirements and or resolve any business process related issues.
- Experience in designing Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models.
- Extensive Knowledge in MS SQL Server configuration manager, performance tuning, SQL Profiler, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery.
Languages: C, JAVA, SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL
Tools: VS.NET 6.0/2008/2005/2003
Database: MS: SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 9i, DB2 MS Access
IDE Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008/2012 , DTS
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008/2012, Crystal Reports
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/2003/ XP/VISTA/7/8, Unix
Confidential, RTP, NC
- Responsible for the design/redesign, development and implementation of technical solutions.
- Analyze data elements and determine proper data element associations, aggregation points, and related data elements.
- Writing complex SQL queries to populate data from different tables and which can be used for SSIS packages.
- UsedSQL Server 2012tools likeSQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, and SQL Server Visual Studio.
- Trouble shoot any kind of data issues or validation issues.
- Bug fixes in SSIS, SSRS and stored procedures as necessary.
- Used T-SQL in constructing User Functions, CTE’s, Views, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Data Dictionaries, and Data Integrity.
- Create different SSRS Reports based on the user’s requirement. All kinds like ad-hoc reports. Used C# and VB Scripts in ETL Packages where ever necessary.
- Worked in an agile scrum methodology.
- Created Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, Sub-reports, Charts, and Grids using SQL Server Reporting Services 2012.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Created reports using crystal reports.
- Create Master Package to run different other ETL in one Master package.
- Use DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Scheduling the jobs to run for ETL using SQL Server Agent.
- Worked on writing the T-SQL code for the historical data to pull according to the specification requirement.
- Played roles like production support of SSIS and SSRS jobs.
- Perform T-SQL tuning and optimizing queries for and SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS process design architecting the flow of data from various sources to target.
- Worked on Incremental Loads using concepts like Checksum and Column to Column compare.
- Scheduling SSRS jobs and production support.
- Use of SharePoint 2010 and TFS to store all the related work and report the same by creating Tasks in TFS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008, MS SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL, SharePoint Server 2010 ( MS Visual Studio.NET# 2008, MS Visual Studio .NET# 2010, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2012), Visual Basic 6.0/VB.net, VB Script and Windows 2008 Server.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
MS SQL Developer/BI Developer
- Worked extensively in writing and debugging complex stored procedures, triggers, Inner Joins, Outer Joins,ViewsandUser-defined functions. Used SQL Server Management Studio and also PL SQL Developer for developing database objects.
- Testing Packages and fixing bugs using SQL 2012 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Scheduling and executing SSIS Packages, using SQL Server Agent.
- Creating SSIS package to import data from SQL tables to different sheets in Excel.
- Optimizing the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, established joins and created indexes whenever necessary.
- Creating SSIS Packages to extract data from CSV and TXT files into schema tables and sends Email attachment of the extracted data.
- Involved in Designing, Developing and Testingof the ETL(Extract, Transformation and Load) strategyto populate thedatafrom various source systems feeds usingSSIS.
- Participated in creating reports using SSRS.
- Created various Ad-hoc SQL queries for customer reports, executive management reports and types of report types like tables, matrix, sub reports etc.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic e-mails to employees for Invoice using SSIS packages.
- Loading data in Dimension Tables in SQL Server using SSIS Packages.
- Played a major role in production support of SSAS cube and SSIS jobs.
- Migrating DTS package from SQL Server 2005 to SSIS in SQL Server 2008.
- Experience in Data Validation, Scrubbing and Notification to user with errors.
- Plan, Implement and Test Disaster Recovery System, using RMAN and custom written shell scripts. Create and maintain Oracle Data Guard configuration.
- Used SQL Profiler for debugging issue, performance tuning whenever necessary.
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
SQL Server and SSIS Developer
- Designed and applied schema change scripts to existing objects to synchronize with changing business rules.
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel spread sheets, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, Drill Down, Ad hoc reports, parameterized reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Performed Data Migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Silverlight Streaming Video animations and databinding.
- Took part in Data Normalization process with senior database analyst.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Added/Modified tables for data Load Transformation Extraction and Manipulation.
- Filtered bad data using complex T-SQL statements, UDFs and implemented various constraint and triggers for data consistency.
- Good SQL server administration skills including, backups, disaster recovery, database maintenance, user authorizations, database creation.
- Build table relationships and wrote Stored Procedure to clean the existing data.
- Coordinated with front end developer to put in the business rules.
- Used Agile Methodology and participated in Scrum meetings.
- Managed database changes based on feedback.
- Performed data profiling, data consistency check, clustering and Performance tuning.
- Converted and deployed existing DTS Packages to Integration Service (SSIS) Packages over the Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Created packages in SSIS with Error Handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various data transformations like Conditional Split, Fuzzy Look-up, For Each Loop, Multi Cast, Data Conversion, Fuzzy Grouping, Script Components.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data cleansing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling for FACT and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Designed, implemented and administrated SQL Server 2005 databases.
- Implemented Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Keys Check and Not Null/Null) and fine tune Indexes on Tables.
- Creating and Modifying the Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views according to the business.
- Created new SSIS packages according the business rules.
- Wrote Stored Procedure to check some of the rules at the backend at the time of entering data.
- Implemented SQL queries and stored procedures and validated code against designs.
- Involved in Converting Crystal Reports to SQL Server Reporting Service.
- Implemented BizTalk Server 2000 for processing of supply-chain EDI transactions. Integrated data extraction and updates with ACM proprietary web site.
- Developed SQL Scripts to Insert/Update and Delete data in MS SQL database tables.
- Developed various reports to validate the data between source and the target systems.
- Design of ETL processes to transfer customer related data from MS Access, excel to SQL Server.
- Used Database Engine Tuning advisor and SQL Profiler for Monitoring memory, processor, Disk I/O and SQL Queries.
- Experience in Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005, SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2010.