- 3+ years experience in data modeling (conceptual, logical and physical)
- Expert knowledge of data normalization and denormalization
- Expert knowledge of data mapping and data dictionaries
- Experience in data warehouse development preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Confidential, Dayton, OH
Enterprise Data Model
- Develop data models according to enterprise data management practices.
- Ensure teh quality of data submitted to regulatory agencies by developing detailed metadata for submissions.
- Design data models for reporting and analytic databases that translate business and regulatory rules and definitions into queryable data structures.
- Design data models for development of new transactional systems.
- Design data models for development of a data warehouse and data marts.
- Reverse engineer data models for existing databases and systems.
- Work with data analysts to identify data issues within teh organization and assist in teh development plans to resolve data issues.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation that provides traceability for all enterprise data back to its source.
- Actively participate in projects designed to create record of reference systems for key enterprise data.
- Define and adhere to standard metadata naming conventions.
- Erwin data modeling software
- Relational database modeling concepts and practices
- TEMPEffective understanding of MS SQL
- SAS experience a plus
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Critical listening and thinking skills
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills